Jim Kelly on Boston Radio

Smerlas is probably kissing his ass while Kelly's on with them, then ripping him 5 minutes later.  Freddy "two-face" Smerlas.

PTR

228533[/snapback]

Smerlas will be. My least favorite Bill of all time. Belongs on the Wall of Fame as much as I do.

All week long he's been on Boston radio. Cruel and unusual punishment

wow, that's saying alot considering we had rob johnson and a double murderer

228543[/snapback]

Yes. But keep in mind, I have lived in Boston for 10+ years and have had to listen to him on the radio.

I know he's very pro-Bills on his Rochester show, but he's a disloyal backstabber on Boston radio.

Two faced SOB.

Smerlas and Haslett used to have their own show on WBEN in the early to mid 80's the day after the game where they used to take call-ins. It provided for some of the most comical radio ever. Annoyed fans would call in and rip apart the team for being 2-14 and Smerlas and Haslett would get all defensive and threaten to find out where the caller lived and inflict bodily harm.

Annoyed fans would call in and rip apart the team for being 2-14 and Smerlas and Haslett would get all defensive and threaten to find out where the caller lived and inflict bodily harm.

228554[/snapback]

:lol:

Fred basically does the same thing now, on Boston radio. It's a trainwreck every time he's on.

He's mostly criticized for using terms like "Chrzma" for charisma or "Soup Bowl"

Smerlas is probably kissing his ass while Kelly's on with them, then ripping him 5 minutes later. Freddy "two-face" Smerlas.

I promise you all that within the next few weeks I will have something very amusing smerlas-wise.....

Smerlas and Haslett used to have their own show on WBEN in the early to mid 80's the day after the game where they used to take call-ins.  It provided for some of the most comical radio ever.  Annoyed fans would call in and rip apart the team for being 2-14 and Smerlas and Haslett would get all defensive and threaten to find out where the caller lived and inflict bodily harm.

228554[/snapback]

I remember it well...if memory serves, it got so nasty between Haslett/Smerlas and the callers, didn't they first send John Murphy in to medaite, and then just take it off the air during the middle of the '85 season? I seem to remember there being some sort of controversy...I always liked Smerlas as a player, but he always struck as kind of a jerk! Plus, like Ruben Brown after him, he was good for one or two off-sides calls every game! In our section at Rich (season tickets) it became a drinking game...you chugged a beer every time the Bills were called for a penalty! Needless to say, went home crocked (on a bus, not driving) at least 8 Sundays every season...man we had a bad team then!

Yes.  But keep in mind, I have lived in Boston for 10+ years and have had to listen to him on the radio.

I know he's very pro-Bills on his Rochester show, but he's a disloyal backstabber on Boston radio.

Two faced SOB.

228546[/snapback]

He really doesn't talk much Bills on the Rochester show, it's all Patriots with him and how they are the best team in NFL history. He does not show much loyalty to a team who made him who he is.

Yes.  But keep in mind, I have lived in Boston for 10+ years and have had to listen to him on the radio.

Two faced SOB.

228546[/snapback]

I'll second that--I also am trapped here in Boston. He rips Buffalo a lot here and then when on WHAM will praise them. Although I think he does have strong "feelings" for Brady.

I'll second that--I also am trapped here in Boston.  He rips Buffalo a lot here and then when on WHAM will praise them.  Although I think he does have strong "feelings" for Brady.

228820[/snapback]

He does not praise Buffalo on Rochester radio as much as you might think. Everytime I listen to him he brings up all the bad about the team and then changes the subject back on the Pats.