Why not Marty Schottenheimer? What a poetic story!!

He's 71. He's not dead. He's a leader. He played here. He would lead us to our first Super Bowl win. Then he would retire and let whomever his assistant head coach happens to be take over and lead us to the next one. Maybe Dick Vermeil. Who cares? Anybody who is sincere and knows football.

I couldn't stand Doug Marrone after he humiliated Hughes in practice, made them run sprints like they're Niagara Wheatfield in August. Then he screamed at the GM in practice. Next he became the Bright Elusive Butterfly during press time. I knew he was gone when he wouldn't discuss his contract Monday morning.

He's gone. Obviously we need somebody who can coach the offense.

Well my first post of 2015 was in a "what about Wade Phillips" thread and #2 is in a Marty Schottenheimer thread. Pretty sorry beginning of the year by any measure.

wade phillips?! oh please no. I can see it now, no headset and sounding like the dad from 'king of the hill'... "damnit bobby"

If your second point in support of your proposed coach is "he's not dead", I have to hope you don't feed the family with your position in sales. I loved Marty back in the day and thought he never got a fair shot. Now is not the time.

Edited by Augie

I love this idea, I don't know why older=bad - this guy has won everywhere with every kind of talent level, sure he hasn't won a super bowl - at this point I would be happy with one playoff appearance... once he gets us to a few playoff games maybe we get lucky, or maybe he then retires and we have gained some respect - either way better than a gamble with some unproven person (see last 15 years)