OT Best Current Late Night Host

ofiba

Who is the best current late night talk show host?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best current late night talk show host?

• David Letterman
    • Jay Leno
    • Conan O'brien
    • Jimmy Kimmel
    • Carson Daly
    • Craig Kilborne
    • Bill Maher
    • Jon Stewart

Sorry if I missed anyone favs, but I just included the main ones that I could think of.

Mine is Conan, hands down. This guy had great shows before he even got good guests to come on the show. He's hilarious. Who's your favorite?

Craig Kilbourne is gone BTW.

Sorry if I missed anyone favs, but I just included the main ones that I could think of.

Mine is Conan, hands down. This guy had great shows before he even got good guests to come on the show. He's hilarious.  Who's your favorite?

228455[/snapback]

For my money, Conan O.....BRI.....en!

When we first brought my daughter home, I got to watch a LOT of Conan, as she did not sleep. He had a skit with the "talking mouth" pictures featuring GWB and Saddam that nearly gave me a heart attack I was laughing so hard.

For my money, Conan O.....BRI.....en!

When we first brought my daughter home, I got to watch a LOT of Conan,  as she did not sleep. He had a skit with the "talking mouth" pictures featuring GWB and Saddam that nearly gave me a heart attack I was laughing so hard.

228519[/snapback]

I used to love watching Conan, but latley I can't stand him. His whole show just seems so forced. I watched the other day and just though " I can't believe they are handing over the tonight show to this guy!"

I agree about the talking mouth skits. They are the only good thing on his show. The old Bill Clinton ones were great, and the Arnold ones have had me in tears. Other than that though...

Letterman is great, and I love his show. I voted for Jon Stewart though, and I really hope when Letterman decides to give it up they pick him up. He probably has the best delivery of any host out there. The Daily Show has some great writers too.

I am seriously guess that once Conan takes over for Jay (in 2009) he will be everyone's #1... I just don't think enough people stay up until 1:30 to get to watch his entire show. He is by FAR the funniest. Dave would be a second.

But I'm guessing alot of the peopel who voted Dave or Jay havnt stayed up to catch Conan.

Jon Stewart's show is totally differnet than the other shows. It's a fake newsshow. There is no monolougue and his interviews are short and very secondary to the show. So it's a different animal than the others. If you saw his Wednesday night show, you would realize that he is by far and away the best thing going on the late night thing. Even the other guys would admit that Stewart is now edgier and funnier and in many ways more relevant. Letterman is the best of the traditional late night hosts, he's starting to mail it in, though.

I would guess that maybe 25% of the people that voted here have seen Stewart more than a few times and the many haven't watched at all.