What about Ross Cockrell?

4th round pick from Duke. What did he do this year? He was really smart, right? Did he play? Special teams?

Was he worth being picked that highly? Pierre Desir was chosen a few picks later by Cleveland. I think that might have worked out better.

Just picking through the leftovers tonight.

the bills have Gilmore, mckelvin, graham, Robey, and brooks in front of him.

Tall, rangy corner. Needs to put on some weight and get acclimated to the pro game. They're not all starters off the bat. Duke came out strong this year after a year of learning. We have our secondary starters, I believe the guys at OBD might see him as an heir apparent to Mckelvin. The bills are building their backfield to mirror Seattle's.

4th round pick from Duke. What did he do this year? He was really smart, right? Did he play? Special teams?

Was he worth being picked that highly? Pierre Desir was chosen a few picks later by Cleveland. I think that might have worked out better.

Just picking through the leftovers tonight.

I really like what I have seen from Cockrell from preseason on. The guy looks like an above average starter down the road. His measurables are good, his instincts are excellent and he plays the ball well in the air. He'd have played a lot more but that CB group is good and experienced. They aren't as good as they've looked because QB's have been forced to make hasty decisions but they are good.

I wanted Martavis Bryant.....it was a rare chance to get a talent like Bryant that late but Cockrell is really promising, IMO. It was one of those drafts where there were lots and lots of good players in each round. A lot of teams that reached for need were rewarded. This years draft looks like a real dud by comparison. Reaching for need would be especially risky this year. Fill needs in FA and get bpa in this draft.