QB search.....no trust in Whaley to get it right

rcatty

I have to agree. Anyone who thought EJ was an NFL quarterback is lacking a lot of knowledge. The guy obviously had no talent at FSU.

Then to be so convinced that EJ is going to take us to the playoffs this year? Only to get him bench four games in? Unbelievable.

Also remember this team passed on the Dalton's and Wilson's of the league.

We do need to bring in a consultant to find a qb. Pay Jon gruden - he meets with all those college QBs anyways. Pay Peyton manning and Eli manning - they meet these kids at their camp. Broaded the search, what we have always done is clearly not working

Not sure if your post is supposed to be funny, is supposed to be serious, or a reaction to egg nog gone bad.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you can play well and still lose? That's a new one on me based on a decade-plus worth of posts on the subject here at TBD. I thought the iron clad rule of QB play is that winners win and losers lose.

I'm asking you what your point is about Sam Bradford. Do you believe that because he didn't win more than 7 games in St Louis in 2012 he played bad?

Edited by BlueFire

Quality GM's don't make the Watkins trade. I like Sammy and I give Whaley credit for having the balls to make that move, but you can't make that trade when your QB's are Manuel, Thad, and Tuel.

+ Again, BINGO. And then all but admit your mistake by waiting until the week before the opening game to cut them lose for Orton.

You need to WATCH the games and watch Bradford, like a scout would. The guy is a good QB. He might never be great, but could easily be in the 2nd quartile of NFL starting QB's. That alone would give Bills 11-wins and playoffs.

I agree 100% with this. I know what I see with this guy and he can play, his issue is (and it's a big one) is injury. But IMHO, the time and money is worth the shot at hitting it big on this guy.

and HOW long has Whaley been here???

As GM? 2 years. Been in a coma lately?

I'm asking you what your point is about Sam Bradford. Do you believe that because he didn't win more than 7 games in St Louis in 2012 he played bad?

My point is the metric for what makes a QB good here on TBD changes with the wind.

As GM? 2 years. Been in a coma lately?

Dudes been here for 5 season. You can't absolve him of everything, Wake up call to PTR.

Buffalo Bills[edit]

Doug Whaley was named Assistant General Manager/Director of Pro Personnel of the Buffalo Bills on February 10, 2010. Whaley oversees the team’s Pro Personnel department and assisted General Manager Buddy Nix in all football-related administrative duties and in the college talent evaluation process until Nix stepped down from the General Manager position on May 13, 2013. Whaley became Buffalo's GM three days later.[2]

Thank you Captain Optimism. Let's just see how things play out before all the doom and gloom. I don't think Orton would have been the starter next year anyway and I think he probably knew it. Is it EJ? Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell, but there is a very long off season before we will know who our next QB will be and if it will be the right guy.

Dudes been here for 5 season. You can't absolve him of everything, Wake up call to PTR.

Buffalo Bills[edit]

Doug Whaley was named Assistant General Manager/Director of Pro Personnel of the Buffalo Bills on February 10, 2010. Whaley oversees the team’s Pro Personnel department and assisted General Manager Buddy Nix in all football-related administrative duties and in the college talent evaluation process until Nix stepped down from the General Manager position on May 13, 2013. Whaley became Buffalo's GM three days later.[2]

Just because he was in the building doesn't make him directly responsible for draft picks.

Whaley's QB's

E.J. Manuel*

Jeff Tuel*

Thad Lewis

Dennis Dixon

Matt Leinart

Jordan Palmer

Kyle Orton

And based on the upcoming FA QB crop, that list is probably going to get a whole lot uglier.

* Can attempt to use Nix as scapegoat

The complaining without a reasonable solution needs to stop.

Amen. There are way too may GMs on this board who's only qualifications are that they've over a 1000 posts on these boards.

Orton had to go and now that he's retiring it's the end of the world!!! Please can we stop the madness. Jeez, enough already.

Just because he was in the building doesn't make him directly responsible for draft picks.

Welcome to the land of "Lack of Accountability". Your tour guide is PTR. Whaley's not responsible. Brandon's not responsible. Nix's not responsible. Oh wait, it must be the fans that are responsible. After all, we expect to be in the playoffs once a decade.

Welcome to the land of "Lack of Accountability". Your tour guide is PTR. Whaley's not responsible. Brandon's not responsible. Nix's not responsible. Oh wait, it must be the fans that are responsible. After all, we expect to be in the playoffs once a decade.

Hahahahaha. You are all nuts. Go grab your torches and pitchforks. I'm not debating crazy people anymore.

Remember when Nix was GM? he was responsible from 2010 to 2013. How about Tom Donahoe from 2001 to 2005? He was responsible then. Doug Whaley? 2013 onward. Tom Donahoe is no more responsible for drafting EJ Manual than Doug Whaley is for drafting JP Losman.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Hahahahaha. You are all nuts. Go grab your torches and pitchforks. I'm not debating crazy people anymore.

Why debate others with legitimite criticisms based on real outcomes when you have the opportunity to whisk away 'Coach Sal' to a comfy New Year's lovemest.

Guess what? Coach Nate is providing the backrubs!

Why debate others with legitimite criticisms based on real outcomes when you have the opportunity to whisk away 'Coach Sal' to a comfy New Year's lovemest.

Guess what? Coach Nate is providing the backrubs!

Let me know when blaming anyone in the building at OBD equals legitimate criticism. Sounds more like frustration in search if a scapegoat