QB search.....no trust in Whaley to get it right

rcatty

:w00t:

Honestly, I think the solution is the Bill in NYC method this year. Draft all OL, all FA should be our own defense and then OL. And then find guys on the street for OL.

Have like 30 OL at camp, and just take the best 5.

Because let's face it. The OL is -THE- problem on offense. They can't pass protect. They can't block on screens, they can't run block. There wasn't anything they could do right.

We should hire a head coach that was an offensive lineman and specializes in coaching that unit, too. Oh wait, didn't we already do that ? :wallbash:

Edited by TXBILLSFAN

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we are really in a hole. We have no first round pick, and Whaley has shown he can't be trusted on choosing/finding a QB. The only solution might be to find the best consultant type scout(s) out there, and task them with the sole objective of identifying viable candidates. One can't leave this to our scouting department alone.

+ 100 %

These guys have NO clue about drafting a QB: none. Even AFTER see E.J. play they believed he was still the guy. And traded away their insurance policy

to get Watkins. Not to mention Tuel and the other guy as backups. Damn.

It happens all the time. Guess what the Colts thought about Hughes when they traded him?

I'm going to guess they thought they had just fleeced us.

Never said Bradford can't be good. Just that he hasn't been good yet. He certainly has never played up to his #1 overall pick status. He's been a middling QB for 5 years with occasional flashes of good sprinkled with injuries. 5 years. When is the light supposed to go on?

+ 100 %

These guys have NO clue about drafting a QB: none. Even AFTER see E.J. play they believed he was still the guy. And traded away their insurance policy

to get Watkins. Not to mention Tuel and the other guy as backups. Damn.

What was their insurance policy with the 19th pick? Do you even read what you write? What other QBs would you have drafted at our slot, available in the past two years? Which one of them has led his team to anything? This season was Whaley's first draft without Nix in the fold, btw. I wouldn't have minded seeing him draft Bridgewater or Carr, but the jury is out on both and it's not like they led their team to anything special in 2014.

:huh: In his last 23 starts (All of 2012 and half of 2013), he's 487 of 813 (60%), 35 TDs, 17 INTs.

Sam Bradford career stats.

18-30-1 lifetime W/L record. His best was 2012: 7-8-1. Never had a winning season. 58.6 lifetime pass %. But he is undefeated in all games he won.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

He played out of his mind in the playoffs the year they won the Superbowl.

Bradford played on some bad Ram teams. You seemed to have completely disregarded that.

Wait! Are you saying that good QB's can't overcome bad team play?? All this time I though everything depended in the QB! You've shattered my world!

Massive hole at QB and the wrong guy looking for one. Don't need the best OL, Pittsburgh has an average at best OL and they put up huge numbers. Obviously, defense doesn't win championships anymore either. I don't care how good everyone else is, in today's NFL, if you do not have a good QB, you are not going anywhere.

This may come as a shock to you but there is no franchise level QB talent available now. None. Not anywhere. At least nothing the Bills are in a positron to get.

Right. The Bills refused to draft a QB for six (6) years until drafting E.J., and now they are screwed. Again.

Sam Bradford career stats.

18-30-1 lifetime W/L record. His best was 2012: 7-8-1. Never had a winning season. 58.6 lifetime pass %. But he is undefeated in all games he won.

Just to be clear, have you switched from saying he hasn't had a season where he played well to he hasn't won in his career?

There's a big difference between the two points.

Edited by BlueFire

Just to be clear, have you switched from saying he hasn't had a season where he played well to he hasn't won in his career?

There's a big difference between the two points.

So you can play well and still lose? That's a new one on me based on a decade-plus worth of posts on the subject here at TBD. I thought the iron clad rule of QB play is that winners win and losers lose.