Al Davis eternal flame

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Al was the only person ever to serve as the head coach, GM and owner of a team. We all remember the creepy zombie look of his later years, but Al was a GIANT in the AFL and NFL, right up there with Ralph.

Al was coach of the Raiders from 1963 to 1965.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/DaviAl0.htm

He borrowed money from Ralph (which he never paid backto stop them from folding in the early 60s, them moved the team to LA. Their motto is commitment to excrement.

Edited by Wacka

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Al was the only person ever to serve as the head coach, GM and owner of a team. We all remember the creepy zombie look of his later years, but Al was a GIANT in the AFL and NFL, right up there with Ralph.

You forgot commissioner, he was the commissioner of the AFL before the merger.

You think they'll extinguish it when the Raiders move back to LA?

No. Transporting it will be like a scene out of "Quest for Fire." I take they will pick three of their best Neanderthal Raiders fans to move it.

What about George Halas? Not sure if he served as GM, but he was owner, head coach. Wasn't he a player too? Maybe I am getting him confused w/Curly Lambeau. ??