Crazy Fred Jackson Statistic

I honestly believe Fred Jackson is worthy of the NFL HOF. The guy has done everything possible at the position for a very long time and has been proving everyone wrong all along. If he can get a Super Bowl ring it will help, but the guy has been the best RB in the league for the last 7 years.

The guy is tough as nails and a complete back. He's got every intangible you could ask for..... But let's not get crazy here. There is a reason he took so long to work his way into the league.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly believe Fred Jackson is worthy of the NFL HOF. The guy has done everything possible at the position for a very long time and has been proving everyone wrong all along. If he can get a Super Bowl ring it will help, but the guy has been the best RB in the league for the last 7 years.

You have to be joking. HOF? Best RB in the league over the last 7 years. Get real.

Just another example of why Marrone (who is behind this offense) needs to fired.Yes we throw 40plus times a game, almost everything is within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage.This is a big reason why running the ball is not a option, there are too many players around the line of scrimmage.

The guy is tough as nails and a complete back. He's got every intangible you could ask for..... But let's not get crazy here. There is a reason he took so long to work his way into the league.

The NFL ain't perfect and maybe he took a few years to get better but look where that got him. Many backs, McGahee, Terrel Davis, Edgerin James, others had much shorter careers then

You have to be joking. HOF? Best RB in the league over the last 7 years. Get real.

Who else has had more yards combined? Done more on Special Teams? Blocked as well as or better? Been as clutch or inspirational? I'm not joking. I made a thread last off season that took every measurable stat and added them up, this did not add clutch plays, blocking, or heart. Jackson was 3rd I believe when I weighed out everything stat wise, with only AP and Tomlinson in front of him.

If you want to do this debate, we can do this debate. I promise you, I will win this. I promise you I will spend countless hours compiling stats, as I do every single time to prove to you and everyone else that Jackson is one of the best backs in NFL history - by that I mean top 25-30 backs. Which is saying something. He is the Bills 2nd or 3rd best back, tied with Thurman and OJ somehow for how important and valuable he is combined with skill.

The NFL ain't perfect and maybe he took a few years to get better but look where that got him. Many backs, McGahee, Terrel Davis, Edgerin James, others had much shorter careers then

Who else has had more yards combined? Done more on Special Teams? Blocked as well as or better? Been as clutch or inspirational? I'm not joking. I made a thread last off season that took every measurable stat and added them up, this did not add clutch plays, blocking, or heart. Jackson was 3rd I believe when I weighed out everything stat wise, with only AP and Tomlinson in front of him.

If you want to do this debate, we can do this debate. I promise you, I will win this. I promise you I will spend countless hours compiling stats, as I do every single time to prove to you and everyone else that Jackson is one of the best backs in NFL history - by that I mean top 25-30 backs. Which is saying something. He is the Bills 2nd or 3rd best back, tied with Thurman and OJ somehow for how important and valuable he is combined with skill.

Ok. Let's do the debate. Go spend countless hours compiling stats. Here is a stat for my stance: number of 1,000 yard seasons = 1. Nothing else is necessary. You said he is the best running back over the past 7 yyears and a HOFer. That is just laughable. But please - let's go forward with the debate.

Ok. Let's do the debate. Go spend countless hours compiling stats. Here is a stat for my stance: number of 1,000 yard seasons = 1. Nothing else is necessary. You said he is the best running back over the past 7 yyears and a HOFer. That is just laughable. But please - let's go forward with the debate.

do a combined yardage from scrimmage. Then do a ratio of carries to other backs. Take the amount other backs have carried and do the same ratio. You'll find he has outgained every back but like 4 in total yards per touch weighted against his snaps. You figure roughly 30% of his snaps he blocks or helps pass protect.

do a combined yardage from scrimmage. Then do a ratio of carries to other backs. Take the amount other backs have carried and do the same ratio. You'll find he has outgained every back but like 4 in total yards per touch weighted against his snaps. You figure roughly 30% of his snaps he blocks or helps pass protect.

So actual production means nothing to you? Because that is all that matters to the real world. Also, you are claiming he is a HOFer and THE best back over the last 7 years. Actual production should factor into your argument.

So actual production means nothing to you? Because that is all that matters to the real world. Also, you are claiming he is a HOFer and THE best back over the last 7 years. Actual production should factor into your argument.

How do you measure production? This isn't Madden. You don't get production by getting yards and stats or XP. You get a measurable by what you add to the team.

By this type of obtuse logic Eli Manning and Carson Palmer are better QB's then Steve Young and Jim Kelly. Jimmy Smith better then Michael Irvine. Michael Vick a better runner then Fred Jackson and Duce Staley.

Fred Jackson is less then 500 yards away from running for 6,000 yards. 86 people in the NFL have done that. Travis Henry (6,086 yards), Willis McGahee (8,474) and Lynch (8,635) are above him.

Focus on Lynch alone because he is likely a HOF'er. 2255 touches of the football averaging 4.66 per touch. 2255 touches in 18.95 touches per total 119 total games with 107 starts. 281.75 touches per year for Lynch. Fred Jackson 1582 touches averaging 5.2 yards per touch, 15.07 touches in 105 total games with 60 games started. 197.75 touches per season.

Jackson has had 6,846 yards in the since 2009 on 1,335 touches. 5.13 ypt. Lynch 9,102 yards on 1,660, 5.48 ypt. Lynch touched the ball 325 more times then Jackson and got 2,256 more yards. Fred Jackson has 25% more in 20% of the touches that Lynch had. In other words, if Jackson got those touches he would have over 11,500 yards from scrimmage in the same time Lynch had his 9,102 yards.

Jackson began as a Bills player in 2006 via the NFLE at the age of 25. 4 years later then the average player and only got better.

This will be his 5 season combing for over 1,000 yards from scrimmage if he gets 36 yards on Sunday. He missed the first two years splitting time and one year to injury when he only accumulated 654 yards.

Of course, this is just comparing the Jackson to Lynch, who is arguably the best back in the NFL and a likely HOF'er.

Also, start here. http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/162858-fred-jackson-is-a-stud-top-5-back/page__hl__%2Bfred+%2Bjackson+%2Bback

That is from Oct 2013, but it will at least get you up to that point and we can go over the last 14 months from there. Go slow, sound out the big words.

uh oh.....

yeah, pretty much, poor guy has never seen me go all out and I have yet to even get warmed up. Edited by jboyst62

How do you measure production? This isn't Madden. You don't get production by getting yards and stats or XP. You get a measurable by what you add to the team.

By this type of obtuse logic Eli Manning and Carson Palmer are better QB's then Steve Young and Jim Kelly. Jimmy Smith better then Michael Irvine. Michael Vick a better runner then Fred Jackson and Duce Staley.

Fred Jackson is less then 500 yards away from running for 6,000 yards. 86 people in the NFL have done that. Travis Henry (6,086 yards), Willis McGahee (8,474) and Lynch (8,635) are above him.

Focus on Lynch alone because he is likely a HOF'er. 2255 touches of the football averaging 4.66 per touch. 2255 touches in 18.95 touches per total 119 total games with 107 starts. 281.75 touches per year for Lynch. Fred Jackson 1582 touches averaging 5.2 yards per touch, 15.07 touches in 105 total games with 60 games started. 197.75 touches per season.

Jackson has had 6,846 yards in the since 2009 on 1,335 touches. 5.13 ypt. Lynch 9,102 yards on 1,660, 5.48 ypt. Lynch touched the ball 325 more times then Jackson and got 2,256 more yards. Fred Jackson has 25% more in 20% of the touches that Lynch had. In other words, if Jackson got those touches he would have over 11,500 yards from scrimmage in the same time Lynch had his 9,102 yards.

Jackson began as a Bills player in 2006 via the NFLE at the age of 25. 4 years later then the average player and only got better.

This will be his 5 season combing for over 1,000 yards from scrimmage if he gets 36 yards on Sunday. He missed the first two years splitting time and one year to injury when he only accumulated 654 yards.

Of course, this is just comparing the Jackson to Lynch, who is arguably the best back in the NFL and a likely HOF'er.

Also, start here. http://forums.twobil... +jackson +back

That is from Oct 2013, but it will at least get you up to that point and we can go over the last 14 months from there. Go slow, sound out the big words.

yeah, pretty much, poor guy has never seen me go all out and I have yet to even get warmed up.

That was my concern for T. Bob.

I am glad you are the one defending the subject for us who have watched what Fred has done for this team through thick and thin. Mostly thin BTW

Our beloved Fred, that is.

No one i would rather have in his corner then yourself , here abouts !

Edited by 3rdand12

there's this thing called a wheel route, where the running back circles wide around the end and is wide open. maybe next year. of course, that takes more than 1 second to develop, which means Orton has already either hit the ground or thrown the ball away assumed the fetal position.

fixed

Also, start here. http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/162858-fred-jackson-is-a-stud-top-5-back/page__hl__%2Bfred+%2Bjackson+%2Bback

yeah, pretty much, poor guy has never seen me go all out and I have yet to even get warmed up.

Lol. Poor guy? Pretty full of yourself, huh?

Your fake stats surely make you feel good about fred, but how can you claim that someone is a HOFer and the best player at his position over a 7 year period when the player has never even made the pro bowl and has one mediocre season to his credit? Is it a secret that that only 2 buffalo fans know that he is one of the all time greats?

Our debate is that he is a HOFer and the best player at his position over the past 7 years. It is NOT that he is a solid all around player because yes, he is that. He is not great, he is solid.

Just for fun...off the top of my head:

Lynch

Child abuser

Foster

Charles

McCoy

Forte

Gore

Chris Johnson

Morris

Murray

Above, you have 10 guys off the top of my head who are light years better than fred. Johnson and Gore are slowing down, but their careers blow his away. All the others have been better consistently and still are better. There are surely others as well.

Lol. Poor guy? Pretty full of yourself, huh?

Your fake stats surely make you feel good about fred, but how can you claim that someone is a HOFer and the best player at his position over a 7 year period when the player has never even made the pro bowl and has one mediocre season to his credit? Is it a secret that that only 2 buffalo fans know that he is one of the all time greats?

Our debate is that he is a HOFer and the best player at his position over the past 7 years. It is NOT that he is a solid all around player because yes, he is that. He is not great, he is solid.

Just for fun...off the top of my head:

Lynch

Child abuser

Foster

Charles

McCoy

Forte

Gore

Chris Johnson

Morris

Murray

Above, you have 10 guys off the top of my head who are light years better than fred. Johnson and Gore are slowing down, but their careers blow his away. All the others have been better consistently and still are better. There are surely others as well.

Stats and reasoning why they are better, and we can continue. Otherwise, opinions do not matter. Murray has had one great year let's watch him next year. Last year we came in the season saying alfrd morris is better then Fred. How's that working out?

Lynch was outgained in production by Jackson 25% despite 20% less touches and a different scheme.

Stats and reasoning why they are better, and we can continue. Otherwise, opinions do not matter. Murray has had one great year let's watch him next year. Last year we came in the season saying alfrd morris is better then Fred. How's that working out?

Lynch was outgained in production by Jackson 25% despite 20% less touches and a different scheme.

Actual production (ya know multiple 1,000 yard seasons and a couple 2,000 yard seasons mixed in there). Oh and public/colleague perception about the league's best - pro bowls/all pros. All of those guys have made at least one. How many for fred? I'm done with this. I'm not sure what you are even talking about regarding fred outperforming lynch. I think you are confused between a madden season and real life? That would actually make sense to me based on your outrageously ridiculous claim that fred is a HOFer and the best RB in the NFL. Let's just let the HOF committee settle this one for us.

Actual production (ya know multiple 1,000 yard seasons and a couple 2,000 yard seasons mixed in there).

29. 29 modern era RB's in the HOF. 16 in the pre-modern era. That's like 45 if you put them together. 3 of them are members of the 2,000 yard club. Those other 42 guys don't deserve it. Tony Dorsett - total bum. Franco Harris - completely terrible. Gale Sayers - pff yeah, sucks a hard one.

OJ Simpson

Eric Dickerson

Barry Sanders

The only members in the HOF who have rushed for 2,000 yards in a season. IMO, the only ones that deserve it, because you really need to have 2,000 yards in one season to make you, like, really super awesome-o good. I mean, 2,000 yards, that's like 6,000 feet! That's how you measure a man. Look at this list of losers who ran like Gump and haven't made it - first rate losers:

Terrell Davis

Jamal Lewis

Chris Johnson

Adrian "The Switch" Peterson

2,000 yards but they don't have a HOF ring yet because they're still playing or they're just not Frank Gifford kind of cool.

Oh and public/colleague perception about the league's best - pro bowls/all pros.

#PublicOpinionMeansEverything!

#WhitnerForProBowl

#ThePublicIsStupid

Colleagues... yeah, let me take some time on this one:

I think you are confused between a madden season and real life?

David at the Dentist is confused what is real life. I know this is Madden. up up down down left right left right b a start

Lets roll!

That would actually make sense to me based on your outrageously ridiculous claim that fred is a HOFer and the best RB in the NFL.

I never said point blank the best in the league, I have maintained he is the best back in the league over the last ten years. The guy has shown dependability, toughness, heart, integrity and that X-factor of just being a great guy and teammate to his team and the community. What he puts on the field stat wise is only half of that mans heart. He and Jimmy Stewart are two of the men I look up to in life.

Let's just let the HOF committee settle this one for us.

The HOF committee is a ridiculous group. There are dozens who do not deserve it and they're in. Howie Long, Terry Bradshaw, several others. There are several who do deserve it, too.

Pomp and circumstance, pop culture meets popularity... the NFL HOF doesn't truly measure the best players in the game. No matter what they decide I believe Fred Jackson deserves his name in the HOF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4Kc_mB9N_M

<drops the mic>

Edit: I lost some of the reply because of the quotes but had a bunch of other players and coaches commenting on Jackson. Edit, holy **** I lost a lot. I spent an hour plus replying. Took everyones stats and broke them down, basically showing that if Jackson had Gore's carries he'd have bettered Gores yards, etc etc.

god damn it i am pissed.

Edited by jboyst62

29. 29 modern era RB's in the HOF. 16 in the pre-modern era. That's like 45 if you put them together. 3 of them are members of the 2,000 yard club. Those other 42 guys don't deserve it. Tony Dorsett - total bum. Franco Harris - completely terrible. Gale Sayers - pff yeah, sucks a hard one.

OJ Simpson

Eric Dickerson

Barry Sanders

The only members in the HOF who have rushed for 2,000 yards in a season. IMO, the only ones that deserve it, because you really need to have 2,000 yards in one season to make you, like, really super awesome-o good. I mean, 2,000 yards, that's like 6,000 feet! That's how you measure a man. Look at this list of losers who ran like Gump and haven't made it - first rate losers:

Terrell Davis

Jamal Lewis

Chris Johnson

Adrian "The Switch" Peterson

2,000 yards but they don't have a HOF ring yet because they're still playing or they're just not Frank Gifford kind of cool.

#PublicOpinionMeansEverything!

#WhitnerForProBowl

#ThePublicIsStupid

Colleagues... yeah, let me take some time on this one:

David at the Dentist is confused what is real life. I know this is Madden. up up down down left right left right b a start

Lets roll!

I never said point blank the best in the league, I have maintained he is the best back in the league over the last ten years. The guy has shown dependability, toughness, heart, integrity and that X-factor of just being a great guy and teammate to his team and the community. What he puts on the field stat wise is only half of that mans heart. He and Jimmy Stewart are two of the men I look up to in life.

The HOF committee is a ridiculous group. There are dozens who do not deserve it and they're in. Howie Long, Terry Bradshaw, several others. There are several who do deserve it, too.

Pomp and circumstance, pop culture meets popularity... the NFL HOF doesn't truly measure the best players in the game. No matter what they decide I believe Fred Jackson deserves his name in the HOF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4Kc_mB9N_M

<drops the mic>

Edit: I lost some of the reply because of the quotes but had a bunch of other players and coaches commenting on Jackson. Edit, holy **** I lost a lot. I spent an hour plus replying. Took everyones stats and broke them down, basically showing that if Jackson had Gore's carries he'd have bettered Gores yards, etc etc.

god damn it i am pissed.

All I saw there was gibberish. I'm guessing that you were pretty proud of your response because you dropped the mic like you crushed it or something. If you spent an hour on that response, then you really pissed away an hour.

Anyways, I am done. It is impossible for you to win this. You did say he is a HOFer and the best back in the league. He is clearly neither and everybody on the planet knows that...except for you.

All I saw there was gibberish. I'm guessing that you were pretty proud of your response because you dropped the mic like you crushed it or something. If you spent an hour on that response, then you really pissed away an hour.

The part that was erased was worthwhile. I basically took everyones stats and compared them to Jacksons. Only Morris has a chance to approach Jacksons numbers down the line, the rest did not because they did less with more then Jackson had.

Anyways, I am done. It is impossible for you to win this. You did say he is a HOFer and the best back in the league. He is clearly neither and everybody on the planet knows that...except for you.

Of course, that is YOUR opinion, so you can call this a victory if you want, I call this a victory by submission. He is a HOF'er and the best back in the league over the last 10 years. Not this year, not last year, but combined, over the last 10 years he has been the best back to play the position.

Here let me do this...

Anyways, I am done. It is impossible for you to win this in my opinion. You did say he is a HOFer and the best back in the league. He is clearly neither in my opinion and everybody on the planet knows that in my opinion...except for you.
Opinion. funny things aren't they? so, continue with yours, because you're not stating fact, and even if he does not get in to the HOF it does not discredit my opinion and the information I have provided and can continue to provide showing you that he is wrong with my information to determine my opinion.