Bet the Eagles

Pete

dont bet what you cant afford to lose but I am betting the Eagles.  Go ahead and use me as a contrarian bet but Philly is gonna cover IMO

227866[/snapback]

I am hoping they win straight up, but I do think they will cover.

The thing that scares me now is this deal with Brady's grandmother dying 3 days prior to the game. TB could have the game of his life and the Pats may end up crushing the Eagles. God I hope that is not the case.

I got 2 1/2 to 1 on the Eagles moneyline, and I'm half tempted to place a small bet.

Frankly, I like the over in the fourth quarter: 13 1/2.

229878[/snapback]

All solid bets IMO. Everybody is gushing over marsha and the pats- it makes them ripe to get beaten. It is always good to be underestimated. Always be wary of the opponent with nothing to lose and that would be Philly. I love them today!

Who the hell is stupid enough to bet on the Super Bowl?

229915[/snapback]

I don't understand that post... we're gamblers. This is the one of the most entertaining game to bet on, as most books let you bet whatever the hell you want.

I'm taking the money line on the Eagles (I believe it pays $210 right now).

I'm taking a teaser: Eagles + 13 and under 54.

I'm taking the under in the 4th Q (14).

I bet one guy 3-1 on $25 that the Eagles would win.

I bet another guy even money on $50 that the Pats would win.

Either way, I win $25.  0:)

229923[/snapback]

Maybe i need to stop betting through my book, and find "a guy" or "another guy".

And by "a guy" and "another guy" I obviously mean "a frigging idiot" and "some moron".

I mean, why would someone give you 3-1 when the money line is around 210?

I don't understand that post... we're gamblers. This is the one of the most entertaining game to bet on, as most books let you bet whatever the hell you want.

I'm taking the money line on the Eagles (I believe it pays $210 right now).

I'm taking a teaser: Eagles + 13 and under 54.

I'm taking the under in the 4th Q (14).

229919[/snapback]

The meaning of the post is that a smart gambler picks his spots. I can understand betting on key games during the season, but when you've only got one game, unless you see something special in the one game it's called unbettable. Just because it's the Super Bowl doesn't mean that you have to bet on it.

The meaning of the post is that a smart gambler picks his spots.  I can understand betting on key games during the season, but when you've only got one game, unless you see something special in the one game it's called unbettable.  Just because it's the Super Bowl doesn't mean that you have to bet on it.

229946[/snapback]

I agree somewhat with what you're saying. I'm betting far, far less on today's game than I did on others (eg.the Pats-Colts game)... but you have to bet something on the SuperBowl, come on! 0:)

The meaning of the post is that a smart gambler picks his spots.  I can understand betting on key games during the season, but when you've only got one game, unless you see something special in the one game it's called unbettable.  Just because it's the Super Bowl doesn't mean that you have to bet on it.

229946[/snapback]

I pick my spots and love this game. I bet maybe 4 or 5 games a year. I havent lost this year. Anyways it is fun to make a bet on the Superbowl regardless if you lke to gamble. I hate both teams but it makes the game more interesting. I usually go 20 times on the cointoss. Heads won 4 years in a row. Tails has won the last couple though