A picture's worth 1,000 words

The Big Cat

Look how over his head Hackett is, everybody!

I assume KTD hasn't responded yet because he's still typing up a preposterous 3,000 word tome to justify his confounded neuter-theory. :flirt:

You really think this proves that Hackett should is doing a good job? This doesn't prove anything, except Orton isn't good. We knew that. If you think we're going to magically find a good QB and plug him in here next year, good luck. It's probably not going to happen. Our QB will probably suck and will need to be coached up and put in position to excel. If you think Hackett is the guy to do that because of that screenshot or any amounts of screenshots, good for you. He has done nothing to show me that he is capable of running a good offense.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tired of seeing screen grabs like this one:

hbmyFrW.jpg

Im tired misleading screenshots but it doesn't seem to stop the from doing it .

What this screen shot doesn't show is that its a 1st down play after they had just picked up a first down . The reason everyone comes open like that is because the receiver is running a out and up and Orton throws a pump fake on the out that draws everyone and then then tries to him down the sideline which is how the play was drawn up .

Now if you want to talk strategy you could say that the OC or someone in the booth should see that on film and try and come back to something similar if the Raiders are biting on the pump fake that hard. You could show them the same look and use that pump fake again and then try and come back Sammie on the post .

But then if people were not simply looking at this stuff to try and justify there hate they could see that on the very next series after that they start using the pump fake one way trow another one and fake hand offs and move the ball with the ease . On that Chandler td the very next series was a fake pass to the right side and throw it right back up the middle for the td . So while this play was not successful they used what they saw in it to score a td the next series

There were issues but this play wasn't it and is more indictment of the people who want to bash people based on wild assumptions.

Sorry. Nate Hackett is still a joke. Glad you found a picture that shows that Orton missed some potential completions. I think everyone agrees he's not a great quarterback. Apparently where we disagree is that the boy wonder could be putting him in more favorable situations. Additionally, Nathaniel Hackett has put one of the worst offenses in the NFL on the field for two years running now, with several different quarterbacks at the helm. The offense has gotten worse under Marrone/Hackett tutelage, not better. At some point, the final responsibility rests with what the coaches are able to get out of the team they have. Other posters have pointed out on here correctly that Chan maximized little talent in his offense, while neglecting the defense entirely that suffered mightily under Wanny.

I'll give Marrone some props for this defense, even though I mostly believe he's hands off with them and the credit should primarily go to the coordinators. The area he and Hackett control, however, has been amateur. Just an absolute disgrace. It's such a timid brand of football. They, as coaches, own that.

Thanks for saving me a few minutes of typing. My sentiments exactly. Not going to wade through the rest of this thread and laugh at people trying to justify our OC as worthy. He is not. Sorry Big Cat. Sorry FireChan. We are not in the playoffs this season because our offense was a failure.

Not really a curious hire when you think about it. Marrones an offense guy, he hired a stooge to run his offense. Payton did it, McCarthy did it, Reid did it, etc... All the big offensive minded coaches hire stooges to run their offense. Even Arians did it, he hired his old OL coach Harold Goodwin who had no OC experience. These guys want someone who shares there philosophy and will implement it. This is Marrones offense.

I did not write that you can't find arguments to try and support the hire. Obviously, one can and you did.

I wrote curious because Can't Hackett is a very inexperienced coach period and an objective mind would wonder about the decision process.

Bills fans are aware of straw-filled shirts being hired as the OC in Buffalo. Chan Gailey did exactly that. But it was also very clear that Gailey was calling all the offensive plays himself. Is that what we are supposed to think Marrone is doing too?

Short version. Pic is bad, but not as bad as it seems from that one screenshot.

But GG if you have watched the games in real Time , and I know we all have , it has been that bad.

And i have been digesting this whole thread. Good points made for sure, both hopeful and some less so