National Recognition for the Bills' Defense

26CornerBlitz

MMQB gives Bills ‘D’ MVP honor

Buffalo’s defense handed Aaron Rodgers the worst single game performance of his career. Their play also earned them an MVP nod from Monday Morning Quarterback from the early games on Sunday.

Here’s what MMQB’s Chris Burke wrote about the Buffalo performance.

MVP: The Buffalo defense

Not often does a quarterback like Aaron Rodgers, with an offense as potent as Green Bay’s, look as out of sync as he did Sunday. Several times, Rodgers fired to … well, nobody in particular, with his receivers going anywhere but where thePackers’ quarterback expected. Even Jordy Nelson dropped a couple balls, including one that may have gone for a 94-yard touchdown.

What they're saying: National media weigh in on the Bills defense

Media members from around the nation comment on the Bills dominant defensive performance in the win over the Green Bay Packers.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I'm not saying he dropped it because of AW, but I did notice Nelson briefly peek over at him just before the ball bounced off his hands.

It pays to play physical in the secondary.

Was there even a defender around him? I feel like on that play and the Rambo pick that Nelson was left alone streaking down the sideline like he was the 1st read and Rodgers gave up on it.

Was there even a defender around him? I feel like on that play and the Rambo pick that Nelson was left alone streaking down the sideline like he was the 1st read and Rodgers gave up on it.

Oh, he definitely was wide open, but Aaron Williams was closing in quickly from center field. I'm sure he was making his presence known. Again, I'm not saying that Nelson dropped the pass b/c of Aaron Williams, but he definitely noticed that he was coming.

I just hope to God the front office recognizes that this Defense ( in it's current state that means signing hughes etc.)

is absolutely playoff ready and that they build on this end of season momentum playoffs or not and fix this Offense. We need a consistant accurate veteran QB as well as an athletic guard in draft/free agency. If those things happen I think the playoff drought ends next year ( unless we buy a miracle this year) this defense will only get better and the Offense has enough pieces to be productive.

I just hope to God the front office recognizes that this Defense ( in it's current state that means signing hughes etc.)

is absolutely playoff ready and that they build on this end of season momentum playoffs or not and fix this Offense. We need a consistant accurate veteran QB as well as an athletic guard in draft/free agency. If those things happen I think the playoff drought ends next year ( unless we buy a miracle this year) this defense will only get better and the Offense has enough pieces to be productive.

If we get in this year it won't be a miracle, We will have earned it.

Last night at the end of the MNF game Tirico and Gruden started talking about how good the Bills defense is. It was surreal seeing positive Bills news that organically happened. It wasn't highlights of the game or a show where they talk about all of the teams. It was just them talking football and how good that defense was.

Last night at the end of the MNF game Tirico and Gruden started talking about how good the Bills defense is. It was surreal seeing positive Bills news that organically happened. It wasn't highlights of the game or a show where they talk about all of the teams. It was just them talking football and how good that defense was.

OT...but god bless for watching the beginning of that game...let alone the end! Did you have 5 dimes on it or something?

Oh, he definitely was wide open, but Aaron Williams was closing in quickly from center field. I'm sure he was making his presence known. Again, I'm not saying that Nelson dropped the pass b/c of Aaron Williams, but he definitely noticed that he was coming.

Nelson and the other GB Wr's saw film of the Jets and Dever games. They no doubt saw the big time hits and it really got in their heads. I truly believe this as to why there were so many drops and botched routes. That's what they mean by out of sync. A passing team like that just doesn't mysteriously get out of sync. It's for a reason