The Sad State of the Left

ubhockey

I'm only 24 years old but I have enjoyed politics for as long as I can remember. Yesterday's State of the Union address was the best one that I ever remember watching.

I am so glad that we have a President that represents the entire United States of America not just the vocal minorities. I understand why he is so easy to hate since he is so strong in his beliefs. However, that is the reason I love W. sh-- I got thrown out of a liberal bar two weeks ago because I put all these Bush-bashing libs in their place with intelligent agruments. All they could conjure up is Bush is a moron, Bush wants oil. But that's why they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I watched the Democratic response and what a joke that party is. Did those two democratic "leaders" -- and I use that word loosely -- listen to a word the President said. They had a pre-canned response that complete made no sense at time. I wish I tivo-ed it because I could have a field day with what they said.

Anyway, it seems a lot of people - including those on my side -- don't want to see Social Security as a disaster waiting to happen. But sh-- -- I have too. The system cannot support me when I retire unless it isn't changed radically for the younger generation.

p.s. Is it me or those Kerry always look like a jackass even when he just sits there.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm only 24 years old but I have enjoyed politics for as long as I can remember. Yesterday's State of the Union address was the best one that I ever remember watching.

I am so glad that we have a President that represents the entire United States of America not just the vocal minorities. I understand why he is so easy to hate since he is so strong in his beliefs. However, that is the reason I love W. sh-- I got thrown out of a liberal bar two weeks ago because I put all these Bush-bashing libs in their place with intelligent agruments. All they could conjure up is Bush is a moron, Bush wants oil. But that's why they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I watched the Democratic response and what a joke that party is. Did those two democratic "leaders" -- and I use that word loosely -- listen to a word the President said. They had a pre-canned response that complete made no sense at time. I wish I tivo-ed it because I could have a field day with what they said.

Anyway, it seems a lot of people - including those on my side -- don't want to see Social Security as a disaster waiting to happen. But sh-- -- I have too. The system cannot support me when I retire unless it isn't changed radically for the younger generation.

p.s. Is it me or those Kerry always look like a jackass even when he just sits there.

227168[/snapback]

To the current generation of new workers: Please plan NOW for your own retirement. The government has actually done some decent things for the individual to assist you in that endeavor. If you want some information on this stuff, PM me and I'll point you in the right direction, or you can call Toll Free to an investment advisor at virtually every major financial company (Vanguard, Fidelity, etc). Don't be embarrassed about your lack of knowledge - the time to learn is now while you have time on your side.

If you wait for the government to fix it, you'll be on the outside looking in.

P.S. Kerry IS a jackass.

P.S.  Kerry IS a jackass.

227210[/snapback]

Why doesn't Kerry do what all presidential election losers do and just go away for a while? He didn't do his job before the election. Is it necessary for him to keep opening his mouth?

Hey Kerry! We heard you once. It didn't stick. Let someone else talk.

Why doesn't Kerry do what all presidential election losers do and just go away for a while? He didn't do his job before the election. Is it necessary for him to keep opening his mouth?

227244[/snapback]

Because as a Massachussetts intellectual liberal he just can't fathom how he lost to a Texas Redneck who can't pronounce "nuclear."

227244[/snapback]

He probably still thinks that he would have a chance in 2008.

To the current generation of new workers:  Please plan NOW for your own retirement.  The government has actually done some decent things for the individual to assist you in that endeavor. 

227210[/snapback]

Anyone who doesn't take advantage of a Roth IRA is nuts.

I listened to the address on a variety of Sirius channels on my way home from class last night. All were doing commentary. Talk Right had on Michael Savage and as often as I think he's a wacko, he made some good points. Talk Left probably had the best commentary. A show called Young Turks. Not sure of their names, but these guys gave Bush credit for things they agreed with and bashed him on things they didn't. Probably the most level headed and bipartisan commentary on. They also ripped the Dem who did the post speech rebuttal...Rep from Nevada I believe. Air America was like listening to a bunch of screaming children. Same things ubhockey ran into "Bush is a moron...He's a jerk....etc. etc.." I was waiting for them to call him a "poopiehead." About as constructive as criticism can get.

As for SS, a lot of people are taking the platform that the gov't shouldn't mess with it, because it is guaranteed. As someone in their early thirties, all I can say is how can they guarantee money that you eventually won't have? I for one look at SS as gravy if I ever recieve it.

I have to say if I were in charge of the Democratic strategy I don't know if I'd be wheeling out Nancy Pelosi displaying her newly discovered ability to use the word God in public, or the one that strikes me as even more confusing: Dem threats to hijack the Gonazalez nomination for AG based upon Abu Ghraib. I can't believe anybody in this country actually thinks Abu Ghraib is anything more than a blip on the screen to the American public right now.

As for SS, a lot of people are taking the platform that the gov't shouldn't mess with it, because it is guaranteed. As someone in their early thirties, all I can say is how can they guarantee money that you eventually won't have? I for one look at SS as gravy if I ever recieve it.

227251[/snapback]

When I heard this, I realized that the Democratic party absolutely, positively believes that we are all a bunch of freaking morons who either (a) actually believe that SS is guaranteed or (b) don't give a crap what happens as long as it doesn't interfere with the immediate gratifications of their lives at this very moment in time.

Unfortunately, option B is more true than false.

Good to hear your involved though, Kev. You'd be surprised how many 24-year-olds are just too self-absorbed to see that anything is more important than their own existence.

Because as a Massachussetts intellectual liberal he just can't fathom how he lost to a Texas Redneck who can't pronounce "nuclear."

227246[/snapback]

Because he didn't have a plan...

I still can't fathom how the Democratic Party managed to nominate a guy who couldn't beat a Texas Redneck who can't pronounce "nuclear".

227168[/snapback]

I find it amusing that your criticism of the Dems at the bar is their "Bush is a moron" stock answer and then you conjure up Kerry looks like a jackass for your big finale

I still can't fathom how the Democratic Party managed to nominate a guy who couldn't beat a Texas Redneck who can't pronounce "nuclear".

227273[/snapback]

Nothing like hitting that nail on the head.

Yeah, that's a credibile "documentary."  Imagine that, finding a handful of POWs who would do anything to help GWB.

That sentence says alot about you. It's really fun to watch you with your panties in a twist as the reality sets in that your party nominated perhaps the only person running who can't beat the current Administration.

I especially liked that he found guys who spent many years being tortured in the Hanoi Hilton (including a CMH winner) and then showed film of John Kerry making an ass out of himself. I guess that probably has ALOT to do with the tone of desperation in your post.

Circling the drain...

The man won 52-48%, his approval ratings hover in the low 50s, and he represents the entire U.S.?  :doh:  That's some fuzzy math.

227285[/snapback]

IIRC, he's the one president to have won with a true majority in quite some time. And last I checked, approval ratings mean nothing. Only elections do.

I find it amusing that your criticism of the Dems at the bar is their "Bush is a moron"  stock answer and then you conjure up Kerry looks like a jackass for your big finale

227276[/snapback]

Yeah, he definitely favors the equine bundle of DNA strands in my eyes too.

227273[/snapback]

Even if he did have a plan, I would imagine that in the Dems circle he will be remembered as the guy who !@#$ed up by micromanaging his own campaign.

Like Dennis Miller says, "You need to surround yourself with smart people like a hole surrounds itself with a donut."

IIRC, he's the one president to have won with a true majority in quite some time. And last I checked, approval ratings mean nothing. Only elections do.

He won the election, but he doesn't represent the views of a good portion of the country, let alone the entire U.S., as was the original statement. Whoever thinks this guy has a mandate must also think that winning a football game 52-48 is a one-sided blowout.

He won the election, but he doesn't represent the views of a good portion of the country, let alone the entire U.S., as was the original statement.  Whoever thinks this guy has a mandate must also think that winning a football game 52-48 is a one-sided blowout.

227408[/snapback]

Good thing the Republicans didn't increase their margins in Congress and the Democratic minority leader didn't lose his seat...

I am so glad that we have a President that represents the entire United States of America not just the vocal minorities.

227168[/snapback]

I'll be the first to admit the Democratic party really screwed the pooch big time, but I'm getting really tired of this ridiculous argument that Bush somehow now represents the values of this entire country.

Yes, Joe will happily point out that he won a true majority. That doesn't really apply to the issue, however. It just means that, of all the people who voted, the majority preferred Bush. Last I checked, it was a fairly slim majority.

There is a large faction of our society that has a strong distaste for this President. Almost half didn't want him as President. And almost half don't think he's doing a very good job. And this somehow equates to representing the entire country?

Blather all you want in this conservative Republican circle-jerk called PPP about our beloved Bush, but let's face it, you're living in your own reality if you think all of America believes in him. While he may have the everlasting puppy love of many conservatives, he is just as equally despised by a huge portion of this country.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

227168[/snapback]

WOW, quite a lot, considering all you guys could come up with Clinton was Whitewater and Monica, so you're just a different brand of the SAME APPLES. A LOT on intelligent arguments to come up with THOSE excuses! :doh:

I already KNOW our party leadership sucks b*ll$, so that I can agree with you on. Choosing Pelosi to represent the Dems in the House was a HUGE mistake.

You CAN'T CHANGE Social Security when you are running up HUGE deficits and fighting wars that make no sense!! What happened to 'FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY'??? huh? Ohh, that's RIGHT, only when a Dem is President does that matter!!! :D:D

The Democratic PArty isn't just LEFT, you know... or maybe you just don't want to see that, just like all Republicans aren't right-wing conservative extremists!