Packers at Bills Postgame

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle was really fired up and I hope this Packer win takes them through the rest of this season. Hopefully it culminates with an ass kicking of the Patriots in Foxboro.

Yeah he and Freddy deserve it. He almost got choked up talking about "I've been on other teams" and then trailing off. Love that they are playing for each other and the results are evident on the field.

The Bills' secondary was key in shutting down Rodgers today. They were very physical to disrupt the routes and did a good job in coverage downfield also. They deserve a great deal of credit.

Garafolo's Sunday Wrap: Rambo's emergence assists Bills' D

B433vDHIIAEiNUX.jpg

Sure:

Step 3: Have your DBs rape the Packers WRs and not get any flags.

I'm going to completely disagree with this. We have an average QB, and the O-line looked utterly horrible. I just don't know how better QB play is going to elevate these guys. Maybe if we had a QB who was the slightest bit mobile, and could run away when the pocket falls apart after 2.2 seconds, we wouldn't notice just how bad they played today, but probably not. Our O-line is a mess!

The O Line would have easier job with a QB that can sense a rush and not immediately hunch over and wait for the sack. Knowing that you are rushing a qb that cannot move let alone escape make the pass rushers job a lot easier.

The O Line would have easier job with a QB that can sense a rush and not immediately hunch over and wait for the sack. Knowing that you are rushing a qb that cannot move let alone escape make the pass rushers job a lot easier.

Sure. But, the speed at which that pocket often collapsed on Sunday had nothing to do with Orton's mobility, or lack thereof. Also, I think it's unfair to characterize Orton as "immediately hunching over and waiting for the sack." He has actually been pretty good at getting rid of the ball without intentional grounding.

Chris Brown: Packers at Bills Game Recap (16:18)

Chris Brown sits down on The John Murphy Show to recap the Bills win over the Packers. He talks about the defensive performance and why the team needs to continue to run the ball effectively.

11 fast facts from the Bills win over the Packers

Eleven notes and highlights you may have missed from the Bills upset win over the Green Bay Packers.

Fred Jackson over 70 percent snaps for third consecutive game

Taking a closer look at offensive snaps played by the Buffalo Bills in Sunday's 21-13 win over the Green Bay Packers:

Jerry Hughes plays season-high snaps in Bills' win

Taking a closer look at defensive snaps played by the Buffalo Bills in Sunday's 21-13 win over the Green Bay Packers:

Bills beat Packers despite Kyle Orton's struggles, and 5 observations from stats and snap counts

The Buffalo Bills' upset win over the Green Bay Packers on Sunday inspired hope. It gave the fans something to get excited about in the home finale, put the Bills at eight wins for the first time since 2004 and kept the Bills' playoff hopes alive for another week.

But the Bills' 21-13 win makes one wonder where the Bills would be with even an average quarterback. Kyle Orton again struggled, and outside of two games against the Jets, he hasn't looked like a starting quarterback in the NFL.

For the seventh time in his 10 starts, Orton received a negative grade from Pro Football Focus. He completed just over 50 percent of his passes for 158 yards and an interception and was sacked three times. He's part of the reason why the Bills' offense has been stagnant in recent weeks. In fact, he's the main reason.

The Bills are winning despite Orton's poor play, but they need to upgrade that position in the offseason.

Here are a few other notes from the stats and snap counts.

Sure. But, the speed at which that pocket often collapsed on Sunday had nothing to do with Orton's mobility, or lack thereof. Also, I think it's unfair to characterize Orton as "immediately hunching over and waiting for the sack." He has actually been pretty good at getting rid of the ball without intentional grounding.

agree but Orton also doesn't want to get hit. He sometimes gets rid of the ball too quickly instead of giving the receivers a chance to get open.