Brady in politics?

coltrane34

Just because someone can play football does not translate to being a leader in this country. Brady's intelectual values have never been tested. Who cares if he has won some games, is that going to help him balance a budget or determine the best way to fix social security? Name recognition should no longer be the primary basis for getting into office in this country. What are all of our future leaders going to be groomed in Hollywood or the NFL? Maybe I will push for Vin Diesel the congressman.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/columnists/n...orts-columnists

Just because someone can play football does not translate to being a leader in this country.  Brady's intelectual values have never been tested.  Who cares if he has won some games, is that going to help him balance a budget or determine the best way to fix social security?  Name recognition should no longer be the primary basis for getting into office in this country.  What are all of our future leaders going to be groomed in Hollywood or the NFL?  Maybe I will push for Vin Diesel the congressman. 

http://www.newsday.com/sports/columnists/n...orts-columnists

227073[/snapback]

Brady doesn't come off as the sharpest tool in the shed in interviews either.

This explains why Brady is so beloved by WEEI...he's apparently a Republican, being invited to last year's State of the Union address to sit with Mrs. Bush. Boston may be a liberal town, but most of the hosts on WEEI are staunch, on-the-GOP-payroll, right-wing, Bush-lovin', mink-wearing, Republicans.

PTR

Brady doesn't come off as the sharpest tool in the shed in interviews either.

227076[/snapback]

Well, our current president uses words that don't exist, and the one before him was getting blown in the oval office. The standard isn't what it used to be.

This explains why Brady is so beloved by WEEI...he's apparently a Republican, being invited to last year's State of the Union address to sit with Mrs. Bush.  Boston may be a liberal town, but most of the hosts on WEEI are staunch, on-the-GOP-payroll, right-wing, Bush-lovin', mink-wearing, Republicans.

PTR

227090[/snapback]

Yeah, it's tough to get away from that Republican political machine in Massachusetts. :doh:

Brady is still playing QB. He is certainly a number of years away from running for a high office like senator. Just because he's not qualified right now doesn't mean that in ten years he won't be a lot more qualified. I would also want to know what his college major was. Basket weaving? then no, I wouldn't want him in politics. Economics? Political science? Government? Well then he just might have a foundation on which to build. To judge his qualifications and abilities now is just WAY too premature.

I would also want to know what his college major was.  Basket weaving? then no, I wouldn't want him in politics.  Economics? Political science? Government? Well then he just might have a foundation on which to build.

A quick google search led me to this page, which reveals Brady's major in colege to be "organizational studies." Not entirely sure what that, but I imagine it might involve studying organizations. :doh:

A quick google search led me to this page, which reveals Brady's major in colege to be "organizational studies."  Not entirely sure what that, but I imagine it might involve studying organizations. :doh:

227224[/snapback]

Yeah maybe. And maybe it just involves things like:

Unit I: The Trapper Keeper

Unit II: The Filing Cabinet

Unit III: Manila Folders vs. Colored Folders

and so on...