OT - Anyone here involved with oversea's shipping

I am looking for info about shipping costs for 20 or 40 containers from Europe to here in San Diego assuming maximum weight allowed will be met. I want to get a general idea of the costs involved without contacting a dozen companies to get the needed info. I am doing a feasibility analysis and trying to get my arms around the costs involved.

I am looking for info about shipping costs for 20 or 40 containers from Europe to here in San Diego assuming maximum weight allowed will be met. I want to get a general idea of the costs involved without contacting a dozen companies to get the needed info. I am doing a feasibility analysis and trying to get my arms around the costs involved.

226967[/snapback]

Need to know the contents at least in General terms.

It can be very very expensive... Unless you are saving enormous amounts of money on the product you are importing, it sometimes does not pay to purchase, ship, then store the materials, and then pay the fees. I imported one container in 01 from china to Ny. It cost me about 2500 to get the stuff door to door. You can save money if u can arrange to pick up the containers yourself once they clear from customs i.e. finding a driver willing to haul the containers for you for a fixed amount. I used www.clearedanddelivered.com when i did mine. They made it pretty easy. They make most of their money getting it from the US port to your door, so try and avoid that cost if possible. Remember quotes are negotiable too.

Need to know the contents at least in General terms.

226970[/snapback]

Well, you got to figure you can fit about 20 Russian hookers in each container. Each peostitute weighs on average about 110 lbs........I don't friggin know, you do the math!