Russell Brand. Douche

Dante

So what if he's rich and joining in some cause he believes in about raising rents. That cause may be valid or not but why is his wealth an issue?

I am white. If I'm at a racism protest, does a reporter who asks if I'm white get the board BJ that this reporter is getting from so many posters?

Just surprised so many people find this class warfare so appealing.

Not quite.

What Brand is doing is the equivalent showing up to an anti-racism protest to join them in solidarity, after arriving fresh from a lynching and still wearing his Klan robes.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite.

What Brand is doing is the equivalent showing up to an anti-racism protest to join them in solidarity, after arriving fresh from a lynching and still wearing his Klan robes.

How many times have I told you to wash up after the weekly cross burnings?

Once again his wealth is an issue because they are the ones driving up the rents and forcing middle class people out. See SF. That's the reason my wife and I no longer live there though we liked it. And we're both decently paid professionals. The liberal hypocrisy raises it's ugly head again.

Yup, those evil, evil rich people! :doh:

Not quite.

Oh please.

One person does not a market force make

I'm confused.

Obviously

So what if he's rich and joining in some cause he believes in about raising rents. That cause may be valid or not but why is his wealth an issue?

I am white. If I'm at a racism protest, does a reporter who asks if I'm white get the board BJ that this reporter is getting from so many posters?

I don't know how you don't get this. Brand is protesting the rent in the area increasing as a result of the landlords renting units to rich people for a higher price. Brand is one of those rich people in the area paying the higher rent and driving up the price. He's protesting himself.

To your ridiculous hypothetical, it would be more like if you showed up at an anti-racism event wearing a Klan robe. It's not that complicated. Conner could probably explain it to you (if we told him Brand was a Republican).

Not quite.

Beat me to it.

He's buying up apartment buildings and jacking up the rates??? Wow! :wallbash:

So lets add real estate markets to the list.

Obviously

So how is this rich person who is part of the reason real estate values (which translate into rents) increasing which is hurting the middle class a good rich person? Oh that's right he's protesting.

How do you not hurt yourself breathing?

Sorry for throwing reason onto your anti-liberal hissy fit

So lets add real estate markets to the list.

So how is this rich person who is part of the reason real estate values (which translate into rents) increasing which is hurting the middle class a good rich person? Oh that's right he's protesting.

Ok, so let's stop blaming Obama for high health care costs and blame those that buy health insurance. Duh!

Or can we look at it another way, do you give credit to people that drive fuel efficient vehicles for part of the drop in gas prices? Or not?

How about all those Tea Partiers that are getting government health care complaining about big government. What do you think about them? Don't worry, I know you can't answer that

Ok, so let's stop blaming Obama for high health care costs and blame those that buy health insurance. Duh!

Or can we look at it another way, do you give credit to people that drive fuel efficient vehicles for part of the drop in gas prices? Or not?

How about all those Tea Partiers that are getting government health care complaining about big government. What do you think about them? Don't worry, I know you can't answer that

I don't blame high healthcare costs on Obama. I blame him for putting together a monstrous law that does very little to address them however. To your second question. I give them partial credit but it's a hell of a lot more involved than that. To your third point there is nothing wrong with complaining about the ever growing government but participating in government programs. One can do both I hope your realize. Now to my question which you conveniently didn't answer. How is Brand a good rich person?

Edited by Chef Jim

I don't blame high healthcare costs on Obama. I blame him for putting together a monstrous law that does very little to address them however. To your second question. I give them partial credit but it's a hell of a lot more involved than that. To your third point there is nothing wrong with complaining about the ever growing government but participating in government programs. One can do both I hope your realize. Now to my question which you conveniently didn't answer. How is Brand a good rich person?

So its ok to want to cut government programs for others while screaming they better not cut yours. Gotcha!

I don't know how he is a "good rich person." Did I say he was?

So its ok to want to cut government programs for others while screaming they better not cut yours. Gotcha!

I don't know how he is a "good rich person." Did I say he was?

Of course it's absolutely fine to pick and choose which government programs you want funded/not funded. You most likely do the exact same thing you !@#$ing hypocrite. And what did you mean replying to my post bashing Brand as a rich liberal hypocrite with "those evil rich people :doh: "?

You didn't even approach reason, much less interject it. What you rbought to the table was the polar opposite of reason.

Brand is a self-promoting hypocrite. He's feigning solidarity with these people, while his own actions are the the precise thing that are directly causing their plight. Brand is the posterboy for gentrification. He is the wealthy clientele seeking to rent these properties, which is what drives developers to buy them up, evict the current tennents, and renovate them into high end upscale flats, driving out the neighborhoods former inhabitants, and lease them to folks in Brand's tax-bracket.

Brand is part of the market creating this trend, and he has acted in the trend.

He doesn't get to B word about it after the fact without having his raging hypocrisy pointed out.

JA - I think you're missing the part about Russell Brand just bought (or is renting) an apartment (at, presumably, a very high $$ amount) in the very neighborhood that is experiencing this issue of rising rents forcing out folks who have lived there for a period of time. Renting a fancy apartment doesn't make him a douche, per se, it's his total lack of understanding that he is contributing, directly, to the very thing that he is protesting against that has people laughing at him and calling him names. It's the whole "Do as I say, not as I do" meme.

Edited by jjamie12

Once again his wealth is an issue because they are the ones driving up the rents and forcing middle class people out. See SF. That's the reason my wife and I no longer live there though we liked it. And we're both decently paid professionals. The liberal hypocrisy raises it's ugly head again.

I just saw Dana Stubblefield's house listed for $1.8m. It's like 3500 SF and no land. Gotta love that, eh Bay Area residents? Nothing like paying 5X what an middle/upper middle class house should cost.

So let me get this straight. A rich guy moves into a neighborhood (whether he lives in that neighborhood or not) and then in some other buoilding the rent goes up (assuming that's what happened--seem to be quite a few subject matter experts here). The renters protest the rent going up and the rich guy feels bad and joins the protest...and the rich guy is the douche?

I'm not sure anyone here is the douche except the reporter for pinning the "problem" of rising rents on rich people.

I guess it's not class warfare when you attack rich liberals (no idea if Brand is a liberal) for their money.

So let me get this straight. A rich guy moves into a neighborhood (whether he lives in that neighborhood or not) and then in some other buoilding the rent goes up (assuming that's what happened--seem to be quite a few subject matter experts here). The renters protest the rent going up and the rich guy feels bad and joins the protest...and the rich guy is the douche?

I'm not sure anyone here is the douche except the reporter for pinning the "problem" of rising rents on rich people.

I guess it's not class warfare when you attack rich liberals (no idea if Brand is a liberal) for their money.

You're being intentionally obtuse, right?