Oil prices, not Obama’s veto, may block Keystone

I've never been more sure, than in this thread, that gatorman has zero understanding of annual business cycles, reporting, forward capital investment modeling, or anything else related to business.

LOL, you get into a huffy little snit over me simply posting an oil related article? Ya, there's an oil glut, I get that and people are losing their jobs because of it in the field

If anything their motives wouldn't be to hurt the American's but rather the Iranians.

Their motives are too control oil prices. They can't control the high end of the price like they used to be able to do, but they can obviously still control the low end.

With global production levels where they are, the Saudis can't close the tap to spike prices anymore. They can open their taps, flood the market, and lower production by making the price low enough to force these newer producers, not just American companies, to close their taps.

Everyone knows the world has more oil than it needs right now. The Saudis are saying !@#$ you to everyone, and trying to force production cuts from everywhere else. By bringing production levels to where they want, they can regain better control of the total price.

But we'll have to see who can weather these prices better. OPEC countries rely on oil to fund their govt programs. From what i understand, most of those countries, Saudi Arabia included, need $90+/barrel to keep their govt programs up. The prices stay low enough long enough, and laid off American workers will pale in comparisons to the uprisings and revolutions that will take place in other countries.

I've never been more sure, than in this thread, that gatorman has zero understanding of annual business cycles, reporting, forward capital investment modeling, or anything else related to business.

I've always been sure.

Think about it. He's getting a free education + the experiene of all of us, and what is he paying? Taking a beating every day. That's why he keeps coming back for more. Compared to the cost of college, and experience he couldn't get anywhere else, I'd say he's making out.

But, so are we. We get a cathartic liberal rag doll to throw around this board. If nothing else, it's stress relief. It's almost: symbiotic.