Chalk one up for the good guy's

erynthered

Please stop watching cable news.

226535[/snapback]

haha. typical Alaska Darin answer.

Give me access to your "secret tap on the truth" and maybe I'll be more informed. For now, like the rest of America, I'm stuck with newpaper, internet, and TV for my news. But you really should charge a subscription to your "fountain of truth" line you have to the government.

I love when you PPP guys have nothing to say so you make statements like "Please stop watching cable news."...

oh lord, get over it.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me access to your "secret tap on the truth" and maybe I'll be more informed.  For now, like the rest of America, I'm stuck with newpaper, internet, and TV for my news. But you really should charge a subscription to your "fountain of truth" line you have to the government.

I love when you PPP guys have nothing to say so you make statements like "Please stop watching cable news."...

oh lord, get over it.

226537[/snapback]

It has nothing to do with secret tap on the truth. There are plenty of good sites with significantly more accurate reporting than you'll see from big box cable news.

Jesus Christ, even Green Day friggin' gets it - and they've admitted to being addicted to heroin.

Three cheers the police officers that protect and serve.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/02/02/Hillsbor...ds_ordeal.shtml

226257[/snapback]

No, I would rather give three cheers to you personally.

Were it not for supportive, law abiding citizen like yourself, police departments around the country would have a much harder time being able to do their jobs, and things are bad enough. :(

I consider YOU a hero for posting something like this, and I assure you that I speak for thousands of police officers.

Be well, and God Bless.

Simple. You bloviate to garner attention.  Evidently your upbringing seemingly told you that you were special, hence, the required occasional down-to-Earth slap on your psyche.

226541[/snapback]

dude. settle down. Don't get all upset and make me verbally B word slap you around this board like i did yesterday. Darin and I are having a conversation. Go sit down, when we're done, I'll deal with you.

By the way, how long you been keeping "bloviate" in the tank, just waiting for the chance to use it. Congrats on that, putz.

It has nothing to do with secret tap on the truth.  There are plenty of good sites with significantly more accurate reporting than you'll see from big box cable news.

Jesus Christ, even Green Day friggin' gets it - and they've admitted to being addicted to heroin.

226544[/snapback]

Good to know you like to aspire to the likes of guys whose biggest hit was a song about masturbation on an album named "dookie"...

No, I would rather give three cheers to you personally.

Were it not for supportive, law abiding citizen like yourself, police departments around the country would have a much harder time being able to do their jobs, and things are bad enough.  :( 

I consider YOU a hero for posting something like this, and I assure you that I speak for thousands of police officers.

Be well, and God Bless.

226546[/snapback]

Thanks Bill. I started this thread because of the idiots who said they hated cops in another thread. And it pissed me off. They complain all the way up until they need a cop.

Thank you for you service :(

My point wasn't that it has NEVER been worse. My point is, I don't feel anyone else could have taken the current situation and done any worse with it. What could we have done WORSE than what we did in Iraq?

Bush attacked a country that didn't attack us first (I'm almost sure there is international law against that). Now, I'm not saying we should wait to be the victim before striking back. What I am saying is we should have some proof that they may, or even have the capacity to do so. We went it with the purpose of finding WMD. When we found there weren't any, did we leave? Or even stop sending troops? Nope, we sent more, and for what? So the Iraqis could vote? Fantastic.

How could anyone else done worse? Went in ever EARLIER than bush did without UN support?

226521[/snapback]

Have you given any thought to what role an independent Iraq, as an ally of the United States, plays in the full scope of the Middle East? Or even in the world? Have you looked at a map of the Middle East lately? Do you see where Iraq is located? Can you not connect those dots?

Please do not denigrate this country and the efforts of our president or our troops by minimalizing what took place in Iraq this week simply because it doesn't matter to you and your immediate gratification world.

It's one thing when you spew off about mindless drivel from the Tom TV world of yours. But in matters like this, if you don't know what the hell you're staying, then do us all a favor and stop trying to say it.

Give me access to your "secret tap on the truth" and maybe I'll be more informed.  For now, like the rest of America, I'm stuck with newpaper, internet, and TV for my news. But you really should charge a subscription to your "fountain of truth" line you have to the government.

oh lord, get over it.

226537[/snapback]

Darin does have a point here. It is a little difficult to debate someone who regurgitates sound bites. Any mainstream news source (albeit TV, newspapers, internet) is going to be biased and is going to slant the news to gain the most readership/viewership. If you want to know what is truly going on in the world, you need to look outside of the mainstream press.

Frankly, Darin cannot debate you on this, because you have not shown that you are:

1) willing to hear other POV’s

2) willing to listen with an open mind

3) have an honest debate without using the typical sound bites you get from the political parties.

While I felt that the war was just, I did not support it for the reasons given by the administration. There were plenty of other reasons for going to war (violation of Resolution 687, repeated violations of subsequent resolutions which specifically state that Iraq is in violation of 687 including the terrorism clause, humanitarian reasons, etc). According to the Deulfer Report, the inspections were not working and the sanctions were not working. Implementation and enforcement of the no-fly zones was illegal. Other than military actions, what other solutions would you suggest when all of the other options failed?

Have you given any thought to what role an independent Iraq, as an ally of the United States, plays in the full scope of the Middle East? Or even in the world? Have you looked at a map of the Middle East lately? Do you see where Iraq is located? Can you not connect those dots?

Please do not denigrate this country and the efforts of our president or our troops by minimalizing what took place in Iraq this week simply because it doesn't matter to you and your immediate gratification world.

It's one thing when you spew off about mindless drivel from the Tom TV world of yours. But in matters like this, if you don't know what the hell you're staying, then do us all a favor and stop trying to say it.

226558[/snapback]

oh, please education me... for once will one of you give your opinion instead of just telling someone else how dumb they are... you're too much...

dude. settle down. Don't get all upset and make me verbally B word slap you around this board like i did yesterday. Darin and I are having a conversation. Go sit down, when we're done, I'll deal with you.

By the way, how long you been keeping "bloviate" in the tank, just waiting for the chance to use it. Congrats on that, putz.

226549[/snapback]

I give up giving you the benefit of the doubt - you are truly an infant. Derby would be very ashamed.

See ya...Ignore.

Frankly, Darin cannot debate you on this, because you have not shown that you are:

1) willing to hear other POV’s

2) willing to listen with an open mind

3) have an honest debate without using the typical sound bites you get from the political parties.

226563[/snapback]

Could that have anything to do with people like labillsfan who does nothing but rip on others, all the while not saying anything himself. Unlike him, I respect your opinions, as you know what the hell you are talking about, so thank you.

I give up giving you the benefit of the doubt - you are truly an infant.  Derby would be very ashamed.

See ya...

226567[/snapback]

You're just pathetic, man... really. Give it up. I'm talking here. When I'm done, I'll get to you. I told you that already. Go play - I'll be done in a minute.

oh, please education me... for once will one of you give your opinion instead of just telling someone else how dumb they are... you're too much...

226566[/snapback]

I just gave you my opinion. My opinion is you don't know sh-- about world events and shouldn't comment on them as though you do. If you would say something beyond "Oh look, we let Iraq vote. Fantastic." then quite possibly a conversation could ensue. But unfortunately in matters political you pull a BF by making some outrageous comment, and then not backing it up, and then yelling at people because THEY won't back up your crazyass statements.

Tell me, oh wise one, exactly why you see no value in a free Iraq. Only then can I argue the counterpoint.

Could that have anything to do with people like labillsfan who does nothing but rip on others, all the while not saying anything himself. Unlike him, I respect your opinions, as you know what the hell you are talking about, so thank you.

226568[/snapback]

Nice job not answering his question, BF.

226568[/snapback]

Thanks. Well, there are a lot of other people on this board who know a hell of a lot more about this stuff than me, but they are dismissed. It gets quite irritating seeing their POV's dismissed by the (yes tater, I am going to say it) Hot Pockets crowd who do not want to take the opportunity to just shut up for a minute and listen to what is being said and listen with an open mind. I have learned a HELL of a lot from these people, and they are drowned out by people whose only knowledge is what is spoon-fed to them by the mainstream media or politicians.