In the midst of the unlikelihood of a postseason berth, consider this.

The 2014 version of the Buffalo Bills have not been below .500 all season. I know this is little consolation to us fans considering Buffalo currently owns the leagues longest playoff drought, however, should we sign some pivotal players on this vicious, relentless defense, add a few more pieces at key positions via the draft and free agency, I believe this team will be a force to be reckoned with within the next few years.

The biggest priority (as it has been since, well...forever!) is finding a franchise Quarterback. Something we seemingly can just never get right.

Go Bills!

Quite honestly, I came into this season just hoping for an 8-8 or 9-7 season. It's been a decade since we've had that! Yeah, a playoff spot is what we all want, but when you've been a losing franchise for as long as we have, you have to crawl before you can walk. It seems like the Bills are slowly crawling out of their losing ways.

Yes, I know a playoff spot was in their grasp this season. But, when I think back to July, this is about where I thought the team would be. So, I try to temper my despair with the notion that this team is finally playing hard and looking more and more like a team that wants to compete each week.

I give a lot of credit to Marrone and Whaley for that. I'm not nearly as certain as some are that Pegula should clean house. With that said, our biggest weakness is the Offensive Coordinator position. Marrone and company have to see that and make a change. Yes, we have QB and line issues. But a good OC can scheme around alot of that and at least make them look respectable. All too often our offense has looked high schoolish. And that's not on the players, it's on the scheme that's been implemented by our OC.

IMO, this team is really close. Make one big change (OC) and a few smaller ones, and we're a team that should be seen as a post season contender. (Oh yeah... do whatever it takes to keep this defense together.. Hughes and Dareus need to be re-signed!)

Quite honestly, I came into this season just hoping for an 8-8 or 9-7 season. It's been a decade since we've had that! Yeah, a playoff spot is what we all want, but when you've been a losing franchise for as long as we have, you have to crawl before you can walk. It seems like the Bills are slowly crawling out of their losing ways.

Yes, I know a playoff spot was in their grasp this season. But, when I think back to July, this is about where I thought the team would be. So, I try to temper my despair with the notion that this team is finally playing hard and looking more and more like a team that wants to compete each week.

I give a lot of credit to Marrone and Whaley for that. I'm not nearly as certain as some are that Pegula should clean house. With that said, our biggest weakness is the Offensive Coordinator position. Marrone and company have to see that and make a change. Yes, we have QB and line issues. But a good OC can scheme around alot of that and at least make them look respectable. All too often our offense has looked high schoolish. And that's not on the players, it's on the scheme that's been implemented by our OC.

IMO, this team is really close. Make one big change (OC) and a few smaller ones, and we're a team that should be seen as a post season contender. (Oh yeah... do whatever it takes to keep this defense together.. Hughes and Dareus need to be re-signed!)

I think most people that are being honest with themselves thought the same thing in regards to the win total. Somehow though that will not be enough anymore to save Marrone's job. I wouldn't mind Hackett coming back again but I also wouldn't mind him being shown the door. I hope that the Bills have seen the success a former hc can give you in a coordinator position and bring one on if they do indeed fire Hackett. This team is close imo. 3 glaring areas all on the offensive side of the ball; both guards, te, and most importantly qb. If they can improve those areas next year without taking a hit at any of their current strengths I would expect more next year.

Good, proven, starting quarterbacks rarely get traded. It does happen but our best bet is to go after a free agent or someone who could really be good with experience but is sitting on a bench. Perhaps Johnny is no longer worth a first rounder, especially if you give the Browns a package. Other options are low value guys who, at this point, wouldn't cost you much but could develop because they have good skills, such as Kirk Cousins. Cousins has real potential but needs to learn to stop pouting when he makes a mistake. That is likely correctable, perhaps even with some therapy (ala John Smoltz). What free agent QBs will be available?