Marrone playing the sympathy card

Niagara Dude

Actually the Bills offense in bottom 3 in every offensive category except average field position where they are first. That is a problem. We have all this talent yet we are bad. We have a rookie WR who people are questioning because they can get the ball into his hands. No player is excelling. Why is that?

No they're not.

Look, again, I'm not saying they're good. I'm not saying what you're implying is wrong, it's not. But making up phony stats to make your point is bush league. And it's been happening in A LOT of criticisms of this team.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Hackett will most likely will be shown the door. However this could very well be a Crossman situation. The Bills need to improve their o-line considerably and as with any other team they will only be as succesful as their QB. Orton sucks to me. The all 22's seem to show a lot of open players (which would speak to proper play calling/design) that are being missed (which would speak to poor play/execution). So if 8-8 is acceptable to you why are you banging the drum for Marrone to be fired when that goal is well within reach?

For one thing on the 8-8, we're not there yet. We might get there. We'll see. Even the most rabid Bills fan has to be concerned though after the last 2 losses.

I don't like Coach Marrone because he has a bad football philosophy for getting Buffalo over the hump. I've heard him say it several times. He wants to play good D, good kicking teams, kick FGs and have the D keep us in games. He wants the offense to score 21 points. The problem with this is they will be close games. As any Bills fan should know, in close games we often get mysterious late game flags like in the Fish game for example. This is a given. If you're playing close games you leave yourself no margin for error. Also if a player makes a mistake like Bryce on the 1 vs the Cheaps, it blows the whole thing.

Easier said than done I realize, but if the Bills are ever going to get over hump they need a team that scores points to get ahead and hold a lead or be able to come back if behind. Obviously the D will need to still be good too.

Really, Coach Marrone is just playing Dick Ball.

Edited by reddogblitz

With all the talent they brought in, yes. I expected 10-6. This team was 5-3 and then faced two teams that were asking to be beat, yet the offense did squat in both of those games and we lost. Pre-season predictions be damned. They were in position to succeed and failed.

2 teams begging to be beat?!?!? You mean the KC team that went out and beat the reigning SB Champs the very next week?!?!? The same KC team that was in the playoffs last year? Or the Miami team who played the AFC SB representative to a fg? The same Miami team that beat the Pats* this year? Road teams are 4-8 this year on Thursday night football. Please don't give me that BS. Just because you wanted them to win doesn't mean they were easy games to win.

Using the current seasons records the Bills have played the 3rd toughest schedule in the AFC and the 7th toughest in the NFL. To be 5-5 at this point is nothing to sneeze at. Put it in perspective. The darling Browns who people want to rave about have played the 15th easiest in the conference and 30th overall. Do you think the Bills might look better if they played that schedule? As it is I think they are doing quite well.

I want edit this as well:

With all the talen they brought in? Preseason EVERY prognosticator, including many on this board, bemoaned the loss of Kiko and Byrd. Most thought that the off season additions were a net loss.

For one thing on the 8-8, we're not there yet. We might get there. We'll see. Even the most rabid Bills fan has to be concerned though after the last 2 losses.

I don't like Coach Marrone because he has a bad football philosophy for getting Buffalo over the hump. I've heard him say it several times. He wants to play good D, good kicking teams, kick FGs and have the D keep us in games. He wants the offense to score 21 points. The problem with this is they will be close games. As any Bills fan should know, in close games we often get mysterious late game flags like in the Fish game for example. This is a given. If you're playing close games you leave yourself no margin for error. Also if a player makes a mistake like Bryce on the 1 vs the Cheaps, it blows the whole thing.

Easier said than done I realize, but if the Bills are ever going to get over hump they need a team that scores points to get ahead and hold a lead or be able to come back if behind. Obviously the D will need to still be good too.

Really, Coach Marrone is just playing Dick Ball.

To your bolded I agree. That said the o-line, qb, and rb situation do not lend themselves to this. The style of ball the Bills are playing is the style necessary when your team doesn't have the same talent as other teams and this team doesn't. Players on this team are routinely overvalued by fans. The receiving corps while good is not in the top echelon as many say, the o-line is bottom tier, the rbs are 3rd/4th string, the qb is a career backup and .500 starter, the lb corp is missing it's best player. All teams have holes but that is a lot of holes to cover up. IMO the Bills are doing a good job of doing just that and that is why they have to play the style they do.

The losses aren't concerning to me. They suck but losing to a playoff team from last year and losing on the road on a short week to a division rival are things that happen to every team. Freak snow storms costing home games and practice time aren't so I will be interested to see how the team responds.

Edited by section122

No they're not.

Look, again, I'm not saying they're good. I'm not saying what you're implying is wrong, it's not. But making up phony stats to make your point is bush league. And it's been happening in A LOT of criticisms of this team.

Yds per drive - 25.73 (30 Rank)

pts per drive - 1.57 (26 Rank)

Plays per drive - 5.37 (29 rank)

TOP per drive - 2:23 (29 Rank)

Drive Success rate - .619 (31 Rank)

TD's per drive - .148 (29 rank)

FG's per drive - .180 (5 Rank)

TD's per field goal - .082 (32 Rank)

Pts per red zone trip 4.06 (31 Rank)

I can keep going....

Starting field position - 31.03 (2 Rank)

Edited by CountDorkula

Yds per drive - 25.73 (29 Rank)

I can keep going....

You obviously missed the point.

Also, the team is one game behind all but three others. Let's look at those rankings tomorrow, please.

You obviously missed the point.

Also, the team is one game behind all but three others. Let's look at those rankings tomorrow, please.

Actually no, you called me bush for making up stats, I proved to you that I was not, and the team is that bad offensively.

And no those stats are for all team through week 11. That does not count for any week 12 games played.

Edited by CountDorkula

Actually no, you called me bush for making up stats, I proved to you that I was not, and the team is that bad offensively.

And no those stats are for all team through week 11. That does not count for any week 12 games played.

So...I called you bush league for saying they're bottom three in every stat and you respond by posting the stats that have them in the bottom five? I'm confused. Are you crazy or am I?

And if you would have read what I posted, I said I'm not disagreeing with the implication (offense = bad).

So again....

You posted 10 stats. In three of those 10 they are bottom three.

Yds per drive - 25.73 (30 Rank)

I can keep going....

To all Marrone/Hackett supporter who say they are doing a fine job: Is this all we should be able to expect from our offensive talent? This after adding Sammy, Big Mike, and Bryce Brown?

To me, that's the indictment. We've added quite a bit of talent with nothing to show for it.

Edited by reddogblitz

To all Marrone/Hackett supporter who say they are doing a fine job: Is this all we should be able to expect from our offensive talent? This after adding Sammy, Big Mike, and Bryce Brown?

To me, that's the indictment. We've added quite a bit of talent with nothing to show for it.

Who's saying the offense is doing a fine job?

So...I called you bush league for saying they're bottom three in every stat and you respond by posting the stats that have them in the bottom five? I'm confused. Are you crazy or am I?

And if you would have read what I posted, I said I'm not disagreeing with the implication (offense = bad).

So again....

You posted 10 stats. In three of those 10 they are bottom three.

its actually 7 out of 10 (29th or worse), but who's counting. The main stat is Drive start which is 2nd in the league, and we are doing squat with it.

Also, not for nothing, the Bills have played against top 15 defenses in 8 of their 10 games.

And they won the other two (NYJ, CHI).

its actually 7 out of 10 (29th or worse), but who's counting. The main stat is Drive start which is 2nd in the league, and we are doing squat with it.

I'm !@#$ing counting. That's the whole point. You made some **** up, and I called you out on it.

The offense is bad enough, we don't have to exaggerate quantifiable stats to make our point!

Also, not for nothing, the Bills have played against top 15 defenses in 8 of their 10 games.

And they won the other two (NYJ, CHI).

I'm !@#$ing counting. That's the whole point. You made some **** up, and I called you out on it.

The offense is bad enough, we don't have to exaggerate quantifiable stats to make our point!

What did I make up? The offense is bad, very bad, I showed you jsut how bad without exaggerating. Exaggerating would be me saying this is the worst offense in the history of the NFL.

What did I make up? The offense is bad, very bad, I showed you jsut how bad without exaggerating. Exaggerating would be me saying this is the worst offense in the history of the NFL.

You said they're "bottom three in every offensive category." And then you posted stats disproving that. Am I being trolled?

Who's saying the offense is doing a fine job?

My question was not if the offense is doing a good job or not.

My question was not if the offense is doing a good job or not.

Of course we should expect more production. My point this WHOLE TIME is that the lack of production does NOT fall squarely on the coaches, that the players share some of the blame, and IMO, a larger portion of it than the coaches.

Of course we should expect more production. My point this WHOLE TIME is that the lack of production does NOT fall squarely on the coaches, that the players share some of the blame, and IMO, a larger portion of it than the coaches.

Yup :beer:

I have no idea where people got this idea that the team is uber talented. They are still deficient at the most important position in SPORTS.

Yup :beer:

I have no idea where people got this idea that the team is uber talented. They are still deficient at the most important position in SPORTS.

And when you can isolate five plays from that position alone that cost us TWO games this year (Hou/KC), two games that would have us leading the WC race, how we immediately hop on the fire-all-the-coaches bandwagon is simply beyond me.

And when you can isolate five plays from that position alone that cost us TWO games this year (Hou/KC), two games that would have us leading the WC race, how we immediately hop on the fire-all-the-coaches bandwagon is simply beyond me.

How about just mis-managing game situations, player personnel decisions, scared coaching. and playing for field goals. Along with having a team who again is going to miss the playoffs.

How about just mis-managing game situations, player personnel decisions, scared coaching. and playing for field goals. Along with having a team who again is going to miss the playoffs.

How about them? I'm curious as to which game situations--specifically--that you're referring to.

You think that having Craig Urbrik in the lineup would have had the same impact as Kyle Orton NOT winging the ball over his open receivers heads in the endzone? You're welcome to debate that, but I find it highly unlikely.

Scared coaching? Can you give a clear cut example like Kyle Orton winging the ball over his open receivers heads in the endzone? I doubt it.

Playing for field goals? Can you be more specific about this?

And again, we're back to a sweeping generalization. I've given you specific example where players have failed and you come back with "it's the coaches fault we're not going to make the playoffs."

Unbelievable.