Bills looking at options after snowstorm Slams region

HOUSE

We got flooding coming up next.

First thing I checked when I saw the news of the storm was what the weather was going to be over the weekend. Anyone who thinks the snow is the biggest problem isn't looking far enough ahead.

On the other hand, I'd love to see that game played in eight inches of standing water. :w00t:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and then a refreeze and more snow next week. This is a very serious situation.

Rochester NY has had its share of major events in my life time here. Another lake affected city/area.

Years ago and for many a year i was driving plow trucks and boy we had some dandies. Being in the truck for days , not hours.

But when i first move up north from Miss. via Binghampton to Rochester back in the early 70s. We had snow up to the second story windows. Being a kid i thought it was the coolest thing ever.

now ? not as much.

There is going to be the problem. Thaw and then "re-knit" together. It's only Novemeber and these arctic blasts seem to be in a hell of a pattern. Good luck!

On the other hand, I'd love to see that game played in eight inches of standing water. :w00t:

Cleveland game? Thaw and then cold? What's the forecast for the weekend of the 30th?

There is going to be the problem. Thaw and then "re-knit" together. It's only Novemeber and these arctic blasts seem to be in a hell of a pattern. Good luck!

Cleveland game? Thaw and then cold? What's the forecast for the weekend of the 30th?

suppose to have precipitation of some sort all week long. I have not seen this kind of weather before. The warmish temperature of the Great lakes is the biggest contributor to lake effect snow this time of year Edited by 3rdand12

suppose to have precipitation of some sort all week long. I have not seen this kind of weather before. The warmish temperature of the Great lakes is the biggest contributor to lake effect snow this time of year

Yep!

But water temps have been surpressed all summer with the last cold winter. BFLO needs The Lake to freeze hard and fast early! This cold snap took them down... Ponds here have been freezing. In my 20+ years here, I have never seen skim ice form this early... Last year, I thought the start of December was early! There were some winters I didn't see skim ice all but a few times up through March!

Yep!

But water temps have been surpressed all summer with the last cold winter. BFLO needs The Lake to freeze hard and fast early! This cold snap took them down... Ponds here have been freezing. In my 20+ years here, I have never seen skim ice form this early... Last year, I thought the start of December was early! There were some winters I didn't see skim ice all but a few times up through March!

stupid polar vortex made me miss the Jets game. first game i was going to attend in about two decades.

cursed I tell ya !