First Post - Reviewing Pass Interference Calls

Billsfan1972

My mistake..... Only 3 Penalties Bufffalo has been the benficiary of (0 Pass Interference). Of interest New England's mediocre receiving core (+ great qb) somehow have had 10 called in their favor. As far as the defence Buffalo has been called for PI 7 times but for 160 yards (nearest is 128).

Edited by Billsfan1972

Someone should pose this question to Marrone and get his reaction. I'm sure he doesn't know this. He gets caught off guard all the time with statistics

No surely not? I thought we were going to have an industry leading analytics department? What exactly are they analysing?

Gilmore's teammates question call: Cornerback Stephon Gilmore was also on the receiving end of a questionable call in the fourth quarter, a 24-yard defensive pass interference penalty as Gilmore was trying to break up a pass intended for Mike Wallace. Asked how his teammates reacted to the play, Gilmore said, "Everybody [was] telling me it was a bulls--- call," Gilmore said. "So it is what it is. They made it. Gotta live with it." Gilmore added that he didn't know how else to play the pass.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/15236/jerry-hughes-not-pleased-with-walt-colemans-crew

Have Bills receivers been called for more offensive PI penalties than defensive PI has been called against opposing defenses? Now that would be an amazing stat, if true.

We know the answer is yes. Scott Chandler vs. KC on a crucial third down comes to mind (barely a nudge). The count on Offensive PI is 3..... Surprisingly 3 have also been called on the opposition.

Bad news is they are 4th in the league in penalties and (22nd in terms of beneficiary of penalties vs. opposing teams).

Last Stat.... Buffalo is LAST in Drawing Defensive Penalties as only 15 Have been called all season.... 5 were for roughing the passer and not a single Personal Foul called against opposing team.....

So yes something is going on....

Due to concerns of slowing the games way down, I would be shocked if that ever happened. However, it might be reasonable to suggest that any penalty yielding a net yardage change in excess of 15 yards be reviewable.

That would cut back on the number of game changing erroneous calls that we have to deal with.

I would rather have a fair game than a quick one.

Penalties are usually the result of undisciplined players, which come from undisciplined/bad coaching.

I doubt the league is all "LOL LETS SCREW THE BILLZ HURR HURR"

In fact, a Bills Cinderella story this year would be huge ratings.

Not so fast. The Kansas City Royals and their Cinderella story yielded lower ratings than last year. In fact, if you take a look at most Championship matchup ratings you'll see a pretty big spike when the Powerhouse teams and markets are involved and lower ratings for Cinderalla's pretty much across the board. That's why NFL does not, in fact, love the Bills or any small market team.