Score one for crap beer

Where is it manufactured? Is it available nationwide? I don't remember ever seeing it in the premium beer section.

225345[/snapback]

Belgium. I have found it various places around the country and the world.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm surprised no one has brought up the most inexplicably stupid ad campaign in the history of mankind:

"Coors - the coldest tasting beer in the world"

:D:angry::angry:

i'm surprised no one has brought up the most inexplicably stupid ad campaign in the history of mankind:

:D  :angry:  :angry:

225354[/snapback]

well, it simply can't be argued... some people will fall for anything..

It's like saying "Ford - The fastest smelling car in the world"

Levis "The coolest sounding jeans. EVER!"

etc, etc...

Yup. It is considered one of the best beers in the world by most beer critics.

225341[/snapback]

KRC -Have you tried Ommegang's Witte beer? They brew it in Cooperstown and I see it in a lot of beer store here in NY but I'm not sure if it's available out-of-state.

Very refreshing, tastes great. Nice summer beer.

Yup. It is considered one of the best beers in the world by most beer critics.

225341[/snapback]

I thought so too, but some uppity Beligian corrected me and it's pronounced

"who-garden." I'd also recommend some other Belgians, like Leffe, Kwak, Triple Karmel (pretty sure it's Belgian) and Chimay (Blue is the best).

As for Coors Light, it's my beer of choice for all landscaping activities and post hockey game.

When I went to Disney, one of the waitresses (at EPCOT's England restaurant) said that Stella Artois, a Belgian beer, is the best-selling beer in England.  I found that interesting.

225360[/snapback]

I had stella Artois beer when I was there, its good beer. :D

KRC -Have you tried Ommegang's Witte beer?  They brew it in Cooperstown and I see it in a lot of beer store here in NY but I'm not sure if it's available out-of-state.

Very refreshing, tastes great.  Nice summer beer.

225369[/snapback]

I live in Philly, and have not seen it but I will look out for it.

I thought so too, but some uppity Beligian corrected me and it's pronounced

"who-garden." I'd also recommend some other Belgians, like Leffe, Kwak, Triple Karmel (pretty sure it's Belgian) and Chimay (Blue is the best).

As for Coors Light, it's my beer of choice for all landscaping activities and post hockey game.

225370[/snapback]

I love Chimay. All three are good, but like you said the blue (Grande Reserve) is the best.

Microbrews and homebrews are often stereotyped as being heavy and dark, but you can homebrew any style of beer you want. Hell, I could easily clone Coors or Budweiser if I wanted to, I'd just substitute about half of my grain bill with corn and rice and voila!.... you have your typical American style light beer. I just brewed a Hefeweizen for my wife, it's a very light German wheat beer, lightly hopped. The yeast strain unique to the style produces clove & banana-like flavors, thus it's often popular with the ladies.

Another great beer review site:

http://beeradvocate.com/

Microbrews and homebrews are often stereotyped as being heavy and dark, but you can homebrew any style of beer you want.  Hell, I could easily clone Coors or Budweiser if I wanted to, I'd just substitute about half of my grain bill with corn and rice and voila!.... you have your typical American style light beer.  I just brewed a Hefeweizen for my wife, it's a very light German wheat beer, lightly hopped.  The yeast strain unique to the style produces clove & banana-like flavors, thus it's often popular with the ladies.

Another great beer review site:

http://beeradvocate.com/

225391[/snapback]

A friend's dad was big into brewing his own beer. No matter what I tried that he and his son said were "great" were always very bitter or just seemed "off". Sorry, but I just like the mass produced, know-what-I'm-getting beers. I like consistancy.

I don't get the appeal of the "...and TWINS!" marketing campaign.

Someone explain why imagining yourself in a threeway involving incest is attractive, let alone helps sell beer.

Talk about appealing to the lowest common denominator.

I don't get the appeal of the "...and TWINS!" marketing campaign.

Someone explain why imagining yourself in a threeway involving incest is attractive, let alone helps sell beer.

Talk about appealing to the lowest common denominator.

225394[/snapback]

You need someone to explain why having sex with two amazingly hot chicks would be a good thing?

I think you've been listening to the beatles a bit too much....

:D  :angry:  :angry:

225354[/snapback]

Actually, this is some (deceptive) truth in advertising, because coldness and Coors have about an equal level of taste to them. :(

I thought it was very Heineken-like, which to me is kind of skunky.  My favorite beer is Bass ale.  I occasionally go to the local liquor store where they have virtually every brew and "microbrew" available, and keep coming back to Bass.

225411[/snapback]

You know what the skunkiness is is the green bottles. Stella and Heineken on tap are much more tolerable (but not worthy of raves if you ask me).

I will agree that there have been moments where Bass has been the best beer I've tasted.

Generally my favorites are some of the Brooklyn Brewery offerings (Weisse, Pennant Ale), Saranac (Caramel Porter when they had it was great, and their Pilsner is tasty but light enough), and Bass.

If I've gotta drink a light beer, it's Yuengling Light or Blue Light.

You know what the skunkiness is is the green bottles.  Stella and Heineken on tap are much more tolerable (but not worthy of raves if you ask me).

I will agree that there have been moments where Bass has been the best beer I've tasted.

Generally my favorites are some of the Brooklyn Brewery offerings (Weisse, Pennant Ale), Saranac (Caramel Porter when they had it was great, and their Pilsner is tasty but light enough), and Bass.

If I've gotta drink a light beer, it's Yuengling Light or Blue Light.

All good beers. The best I ever had was a chocolate (yes, real chocolate) porter than I brewed with my bro back about 10 years ago. I've GOT to get back into brewing.