Are you ready to admit Orton's the problem yet?

Oberyn

Never seen such blind devotion in my life to a mediocre journeyman qb who won 3 games by the skin of his teeth as bills fans to King Orton. I hope you are all FINALLY ready to admit that he was put in by a coaching staff desperate to save their own jobs at the expense of the future growth of this franchise.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I got flamed all week for being critical about him. I was told by several people that I don't anything about football because I was critical over Orton. Outside the Jets game, he has led this team to 15 points per game in the other 5 games against Det, NE, Minn, KC, and Miam with 6 TDs and 5 Turnovers.

I am used to it...I got flamed by most the same people when I was critical about Trent after a 4-0 start and Fitz when he took over for Trent the next year, and again the following year when he was 4-2.

Now today its all en vogue to complain about Orton as if everyone knew all along lol.

Trust me bro, i've been against him since day one. Not that I have anything against Orton but after being discarded by 4 teams, you know he probably isn't a long term answer. It seemed obvious to me that the better long term solution for this team was to find out what they had in EJ so they know how to approach the 2015 draft rather than finish 8-8. But unfortunately the coaching staff decided that at 8-8 they might be able to save their jobs.

If you doubt it you can check out my tweets to bills media figures complaining to them about how their analysis pinned blame on everyone but Orton whereas even when EJ was 2-0 at the beginning of the season they would kill him with every review they wrote.

I trust a HOF player over Oberyn everyday and twice on Sundays.

Ok, so whats Deions excuse for Orton against KC? How about Det where his pick 6 almost lost us the game? Or NE where his INT did lose us the game? Or Minn where he was subpar until the last drive against a 2-4 team and a rookie QB making his first road start?

I think I will trust my eyes, his 15 pts per game average outside the Jets game, his 6 TDs and 5 Turnovers in the 5 games outside the Jets game. The stupid Jets game inflates his numbers and people look at his stat line and think he's doing great and also carefully ignores his fumbles and sacks.

People see near 300 yards and think he had a great game. 300 yards is not a big deal in todays NFL, you can get 60% of that on 2 good drives then suck the rest the game and still get to 300. Its the most over inflated stat in all football.

He has not been good, and was at worse against the good teams...just like I predicted after the Minn game. We WONT beat good teams with the level of play by him and the offense...and we haven't.

There is a reason coming into tonight he was the TWENTY NINTH rated QB using the more accurate QBR score. He will be even lower come Monday. There is a reason we are worse this year in every meaningful offensive category than last year despite having more talent and experience with less injuries. And Orton has started 60% of the season and the offense decent week 1 and good week 2 before Orton.

Edited by Alphadawg7

He wasn't the savior. He was our best chance to win. He still is. He's not great, and hasn't been good lately. But he's still better than EJ. You have to go with your best chance to win while you are in it. Now, after these past few weeks and now that we are out of it. I don't know that I don't know if EJ doesn't get another chance so we know for a fact that we have to find a QB somehow, some way in the offseason

Ok, so whats Deions excuse for Orton against KC? How about Det where his pick 6 almost lost us the game? Or NE where his INT did lose us the game? Or Minn where he was subpar until the last drive against a 2-4 team and a rookie QB making his first road start?

I think I will trust my eyes, his 15 pts per game average outside the Jets game, his 6 TDs and 5 Turnovers in the 5 games outside the Jets game. The stupid Jets game inflates his numbers and people look at his stat line and think he's doing great and also carefully ignores his fumbles and sacks.

People see near 300 yards and think he had a great game. 300 yards is not a big deal in todays NFL, you can get 60% of that on 2 good drives then suck the rest the game and still get to 300. Its the most over inflated stat in all football.

He has not been good, and was at worse against the good teams...just like I predicted after the Minn game. We WONT beat good teams with the level of play by him and the offense...and we haven't.

There is a reason coming into tonight he was the TWENTY NINTH rated QB using the more accurate QBR score. He will be even lower come Monday. There is a reason we are worse this year in every meaningful offensive category than last year despite having more talent and experience with less injuries. And Orton has started 60% of the season and the offense decent week 1 and good week 2 before Orton.

Who is the only QB to have back to back single digit QBR games?

:thumbsup:

In case you are to lazy to click the link.

Dion Sanders states after the game. The play calling was horrible, it had nothing to do with Orton! :worthy:

Phil Simms "i don't care who's quarterbacking he has no chance"

this is how you know who watched and who just wants to blame

Edited by CardinalScotts

You seem to be comparing Orton to the rest of the league instead of who's on the roster. We cannot acquire any other active QB. Thus, Orton is our best option at QB. So what's your point?

What does any of that have to do with the questions I asked you?

You seem to be comparing Orton to the rest of the league instead of who's on the roster. We cannot acquire any other active QB. Thus, Orton is our best option at QB. So what's your point?

The option is #3 or #18.

My question is pointing out that you may have forgotten that #3 was playing at a historically horrible level.

Where #18 is playing at a bad in the range of normal outcome level.

If you would've asked me after the first half, I would've said Orton was playing much better than Tannehill. But that was partly because our D line didn't pressure him once in the first half.

The second half was like an entirely new ballgame. He got rattled early and often, and you could just tell he wasn't the same QB after that. His throws became increasingly inaccurate as he anticipated the pressure more and more.