T.Y Hilton - Round 3 (92)

Golden Tate - Round 2 (60)

Jordy Nelson - Round 2 (36)

Julio Jones - Round 1 (6)

Emmanuel Sanders - Round 3 (82)

Dez Bryant - Round 1 (24)

Jeremy Maclin - Round 1 (19)

Desean Jackson -Round 2 (49)

Just another reason you don't waste exorbitant resources on WR's especially those that hinder future decision making. You waste those resources to find the QB.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool story bro.

Antonio Brown - Round 6 (195)

Demaryius Thomas - Round 1 (22)

Just another reason you don't waste exorbitant resources on WR's especially those that hinder future decision making. You waste those resources to find the QB.

Why is Julio jones on the list ? Are you arguing with yourself ?

Antonio Brown - Round 6 (195)

Demaryius Thomas - Round 1 (22)

So I count:

4 First rounders

3 Second rounders

2 Third rounder

1 Later round selection

It looks to me like the higher the selection, the greater chance they'll be in the top 10 at their position. That really is fascinating! :rolleyes:

Cool story bro.

Why is Julio jones on the list ? Are you arguing with yourself ?

Um, yeah.

Top 10 in what way?

So I count:

4 First rounders

3 Second rounders

2 Third rounder

1 Later round selection

It looks to me like the higher the selection, the greater chance they'll be in the top 10 at their position. That really is fascinating! :rolleyes:

Um, yeah.

Top 10 in what way?

Like the obvious, the game is about putting resources in the QB, the o-line and the defense.

I see what the OP is talking about...sometimes I feel like the Bills are a Ford Focus decked out with fancy pin striping, gold rims and a Jaguar hood ornament. All the fancy parts are great, but the engine is still a 4 cylinder. You need an 8 cylinder to keep up with the big boys.

But I do like Sammy...a lot. It wasn't a wasted pick if we had above average QB play.

Julio Jones - Round 1 (6

http://thebiglead.com/2013/10/10/did-the-falcons-give-up-too-much-for-julio-jones-in-the-2011-draft-day-trade/

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Exactly you call the Sammy trade dumb then list Julio in the positives.

Sorry for catching you out there with that contradiction.

Flame away troll it's the day after a loss, time for you to shine!

My point is that you don't need to even draft high in the 1st round to get viable WR's and that WR's are not the thing that leads to winning in the NFL. QB's make the best WR's in the game. WR's are an area like running backs, you don't make myopic front office moves to improve those positions. The Falcons are currently learning that lesson.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I see what the OP is talking about...sometimes I feel like the Bills are a Ford Focus decked out with fancy pin striping, gold rims and a Jaguar hood ornament. All the fancy parts are great, but the engine is still a 4 cylinder. You need an 8 cylinder to keep up with the big boys.

But I do like Sammy...a lot. It wasn't a wasted pick if we had above average QB play.

but you likely need a first round pick to get a top qb :doh: . i just don't get the love for whaley here. he swung and missed big time with manuel. it's the most important position and people are blaming orton for not being what he never was. and the oline is in shambles and has been for years.

but you likely need a first round pick to get a top qb :doh: . i just don't get the love for whaley here. he swung and missed big time with manuel. it's the most important position and people are blaming orton for not being what he never was. and the oline is in shambles and has been for years.

The list of the current top QB's and where they were drafted certainly holds that to be true. While you can hit on a QB after the 1st round (Brady, Wilson), statistics and history has shown it is the least probable out of all the positions.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Flame away troll it's the day after a loss, time for you to shine!

Simply brilliant!! I love how certain people are excluded to prove his point. He conveniently left Calvin Johnson and AJ Green off the list as if we wouldn't notice. I believe that the 6 best WR in the league (in no particular order) are: Calvin, Julio, AJ Green, Demaryius Thomas, Dez and Antonio Brown. 5 of those guys were 1st round picks and 1 a 6th. There are plenty of other 1st round WR that have had a big impact (Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Roddy White, etc..).

This is a dumb post that tries to twist facts to prove their point. I could make the same argument that you should wait until the 6th round to draft a QB because Brady has gone to 5 Super Bowls and won more than any other active QB. We know too much about football to be presented with a post that is clearly slanted. If you want to prove the point then show the whole picture and make your case.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Casuals and their love for WR's.

I love how you keep trolling me by calling me a casual fan. I have forgotten more about this team than you will ever know. That's totally irrelevant though. You are making yourself look like an idiot (again) by trying to prove a point by leaving out material facts. You can't present the whole picture and make your case because it will get ripped apart (as pretty much everything that you put on this board does).

If you want to be a contrarian you should take a page from Mr. Weo. He often takes an opposing viewpoint of the masses but presents thoughtful, articulate arguments. He would never try to make a case that the best WR aren't drafted in the 1st round by excluding the best guys. He would make his case around the production of others compared to those guys. QB play would be factored in as well.

Calvin Johnson, Aj Green, Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Roddy White = 0 superbowls

Casuals need to learn that "high impact" WR's are not the answer to championships.

Thanks!! I'm learning so much from you. Thanks for teaching a casual football fan like myself so much about the game. TBD is so lucky to have you and all of your knowledge. I can't wait to learn more. I learned something from you in another thread too! I didn't realize that it was important to have a good QB? It's that kind of profound thought that gives you such a strong reputation around here. You are certainly one of the most respected posters on here but I'm sure people tell you that all the time.

Thanks!! I'm learning so much from you. Thanks for teaching a casual football fan like myself so much about the game. TBD is so lucky to have you and all of your knowledge. I can't wait to learn more. I learned something from you in another thread too! I didn't realize that it was important to have a good QB? It's that kind of profound thought that gives you such a strong reputation around here. You are certainly one of the most respected posters on here but I'm sure people tell you that all the time.

he actually lists "serious football fan" on job applications.