Which way do you see the season going from here?

LA Grant

Same place where all Bills seasons end up in November. Self inflicted death. I think they will be very lucky to win 7 games. Anyone says that is an improvement, technically correct but not in reality. Wasted two seasons of a truly dominant D line. They fall back into beating themselves. Should win at least 6 of your home games if you want to be a playoff team. They may win 4 at home. Not anywhere close to good enough.

100% agree - seven wins is what I see as well.

This is why the loss today crushed my hopes for the first time this season.

Record and Conference records of AFC teams in the hunt:

Bengals - 5-3 (conf 4-3)

Steelers - 6-4 (conf 5-3)

Ravens - 6-4 (conf 3-4)

Miami - 5-4 (conf 4-2)

Houston - 4-5 (conf 3-2) w/ head-to-head win against Bills

Chiefs - 6-3 (conf 5-2) w/ head-to-head win against Bills

Chargers - 5-4 (conf 4-3) w/ head-to-head win against the Bills

Bills - 5-4 (conf 2-4)

That doesn't even include the 4 current division leaders that could get knocked out of the lead and compete with us for a WC spot who have conference records of 5-2, 4-3, 5-2, and 4-1.

We're now basically dead last in the WC race with Green Bay, Denver(AFC), and New England(AFC) still on the schedule. Even if we win all our other AFC games this season except for IN Denver and IN New England our conference record will end up being 5-6 with head-to-head loses with 3 WC contenders. So don't be surprised when the "playoff odds" comes out this week and the Bills' chances are listed at like 10%.

Edited by TheBillsWillRiseAgain

No worse then 8-8. Marrone, unless it is just unbearable returns next year.

Could be 9-7.

I read that they were hiring a consultant like Wolf, Accorzi or Holmgren. That suggests to me that Marrone is gone because his only shot was to get this team in the playoffs and that's not going to happen (unless a miracle happens and they somehow managed to go 5-2 the rest of the way).

While Marrone is a good guy, I think that he dropped the ball with the Hackett hire. The problems on offense just continue to go on and on and on, so there's no real reason to believe he would get it right if given another chance to hire an OC. He's probably better suited for the college game. In the pro game as a head coach you have to be involved on game day. AlI I see him doing is standing there and just staring intently. Also, I would have liked to see the guy show some emotion in a game that was honestly a "must win" for his team's playoff chances.

I think the 2015 Bills head coach will be a big name and a Superbowl winning guy like Mike Holmgren or Tom Coughlin (if the Giants let him go).

We will know more Thursday night. I have always thought it would come down to the final game of the season against NE. They are only 2 losses behind NE. They need wins against Miami and the Jets. If they did win those games and go to New England 1 loss behind, a win would win the Division. I know New England looks unbeatable, but so did Pittsburgh. GO BILLS!!!!

Edited by OldNMBillsFan