chris botti's trumpet national anthem

birdog1960

This http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24783507/chris-bottis-national-anthem-brought-reggie-wayne-to-tears made news especially for reggie wayne's reaction to it. but i thought it was an excellent pre sporting event anthem version rivaling marvin gaye's. what other anthem versions do you all find memorable? (by the way, check out the tweets from the cbs reporter about wayne and the old man's wisdom)

Not to toot the guy's horn, but that was one of the most beautiful renditions of the Anthem I've ever heard.

I completely agree. I was in the kitchen when it started and when I heard the first notes I was floored and raced back to the television to see it. It's spectacular.

I went to the game in Miami about 8-10 years ago where the Bills went up 21-0 in the first 11 minutes of the game (JP had some incredible long pass TD's), but we blew it and lost 24-23.

At any rate, there was a Military trumpet player performing the national anthem. It was so incredible the hairs on my arms stood. That was followed by a flyover that was about the closest I could ever imagine to being to fighter jet - they seemed like they were literally 10 feet above the stadium.