Bills have two of the biggest dead money players of 2014

boyst

http://www.si.com/nf...-desean-jackson

Below are snippets of the article.

It's worth looking at in comparison.

8. Ryan Fitzpatrick, former Bills quarterback

2014 Cap hit: $7,000,000

Leading up to Fitzpatrick’s first season as Buffalo’s full-time starter in 2011, he had compiled a mediocre 32-25 TD-INT ratio across two years as the Bills part-time first-stringer. But when he helped the downtrodden franchise jump out to a 4-2 record, Fitzpatrick was handed a six-year, $59 million extension midseason.

2014 Cap hit: $10,225,000

Even after a few clashes with former Bills head coach Chan Gailey, Johnson’s future with Buffalo seemed bright after signing a five-year, $36.25 million deal with the team in March 2012. He went on to have another stellar year, becoming the only player in franchise history to record three consecutive 1,000-yard receiving campaigns.

But things quickly deteriorated last year, as Johnson caught just 52 passes out of the 100 thrown his way for 597 yards. The Bills drafted Johnson’s heir, Sammy Watkins, in the NFL draft in May before trading Johnson to the 49ers just one day later for a conditional mid-round pick in 2015.

And the best part:

]Amazingly, two of Buffalo’s top three highest-paid players (Mario Williams, Johnson and Fitzpatrick) don’t even play for them anymore.

Also Check out this link for an amazing analysis of a lot of stuff.

Edited by jboyst62

Cool website you found there. :thumbsup:

It really is, there is every detail you need to know about the team there. From finances of the organization, to pie charts showing touches per player, to the cost of a beer at the stadium.

How much cap room will we have next year?

That's another site, but just as amazing. The Jets fan, forgot his name, but he is a member here, but look here:

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/buffalo-bills

I don't have the number for next years cap just yet, but know we are going to be under the cap by more next year then we were this year.

Dead money top 3 for 2015, as of now. Alan Branch $1,550,000 T.J. Graham $167,813 Dustin Hopkins $56,000

I'm not an expert at the cap, but I think we're going to be about $25-30mm under the cap as is...

30 million is good. Probably will be 13-15 after Hughes and Darius. I hope Mario restructures

Fun tidbit, if I am reading it right we could cut Dareus at the end of the season and not take a hit on his 2015 salary, his cap money is 0.

30 million is good. Probably will be 13-15 after Hughes and Darius. I hope Mario restructures

i would never assume anything but it seems like Mario is very good friends with Hughes and he tweets about how he thinks he is a great player. I can see him restructuring if if means keeping this DL together. Again I don't want to assume things for other people but he's a single guy, no kids, with a mega deal, he will still get his money just at a different timing.

i would never assume anything but it seems like Mario is very good friends with Hughes and he tweets about how he thinks he is a great player. I can see him restructuring if if means keeping this DL together. Again I don't want to assume things for other people but he's a single guy, no kids, with a mega deal, he will still get his money just at a different timing.

Wouldn't that be sweet, and not outside the realm of possibility.

Say...Mario, it's going to be unfortunate if we can't keep Hughes, huh? Well, I mean it can't be that bad you still got all that big money and 8 more years here. We're excited for that! Wish we could keep you longer, you're only 29, bro!

Hey, how about that! How about we give you an extra two years on a reworked plan, not just front loaded, either - we'll spend some of that extra stuff on your boy and we'll let you retire a Bill.

Say...Mario, it's going to be unfortunate if we can't keep Hughes, huh? Well, I mean it can't be that bad you still got all that big money and 8 more years here. We're excited for that! Wish we could keep you longer, you're only 29, bro!

Hey, how about that! How about we give you an extra two years on a reworked plan, not just front loaded, either - we'll spend some of that extra stuff on your boy and we'll let you retire a Bill.

throw in a new mini fridge and that's a deal!

http://www.si.com/nf...-desean-jackson

Below are snippets of the article.

It's worth looking at in comparison.

And the best part:

Also Check out this link for an amazing analysis of a lot of stuff.

They were Dead on Arrival Money players.

Nothing like a WR that can't catch clutch passes and a QB that can't throw clutch throws … and you wonder why the Bills lost about ten 1 score games during their reign.