University of North Carolina Scandal - fake classes for athletes

The exact details of this are a little surprising but the whole cheating by UNC going back to Dean Smith is not a surprise to anyone who followed basketball in this state. A family member of mine was very close with several NCAA turned NBA players who went to UNC (and other schools) and UNC was among the worst spoke of the family member said. Big 12 schools are also pretty bad, they said.

It makes me happy to see this exposed and hope that other schools get outted for this, too. I moved to this state as a fan of UNC but have since grown to hate the school. The fans of UNC are the most unrealistic and bias people to ever walk the Earth.

There are a lot of cheating scandals going on in the NCAA but this one here tops the list because it was enabled on so many levels by the NCAA. The amazing thing will be how this is treated in comparison to the Sandusky Scandal because this is every bit just as bad, if not worse. The school had multi level corruption for decades and was extremely powerful during that time.

the nfl and nba should run their own minor leagues just like mlb. big time "college" sports are largely a lie. restrict it to true student athletes.

I think just alter NCAA football and basketball into more of a CHL mold. You can draft guys early, but they still can still play NCAA. Players get a stipend. "Minor League" football as a pro league doesnt work IMO