(OT) Found my old NINTENDO system.

PIZ

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the LOVE... it's  UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT BA SELECT START

(I guess I'm just used to playing with somebody else).

223848[/snapback]

dude, there's TWO b,a

it's:

up up down down left right left right b a b a start

(select before start for two players)

I remember Bruce Smith being pretty dang good.  But I could get a sack on each play with the nose guard.  Jeff Wright rocked it up for me!

223844[/snapback]

I used to get a sack with bruce any play i wanted just by stunting him up in between the NT and the other end, it was money in the bank.

My nephew got this integrated game/controller for christmas and it's got 1200 CLASSIC retro games, including super mario.

Man, playing mario was a blast, finding warp world and getting to level 8!

223924[/snapback]

How much did that cost? Where do I get something like that? Any links?

Me and my old man used to play the original Tecmo Bowl all the time when I was growing up...until we fired up the NES one Saturday morning and he beat me with the Cleveland Browns 42-0. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Kevin Mack on Tecmo Bowl. That was the last time we ever played it. I tried to get him into the Madden type games, but it takes way too much effort to have the same amount of fun we had playing the original Tecmo Bowl. 4 Play Playbook, 2 run plays, 2 pass plays and the defense just took a guess at what the offense was going to call. :rolleyes: NES was good times for the 2 player games.

I gotta add my vote for Super Tecmo Bowl....the greatest football game I've ever played.

Bo Jackson was a personal favorite.  Together with Marcus Allen, they were unstoppable.

224101[/snapback]

Bo was great, of course, especially in the playoffs when all your opposing running backs seemed to get a speed boost and you couldn't catch them from behind.

But I was also very afraid of Christian Okoye because I usually tried to play with the bad teams like Indy and New England and their defenses had low hitting power. So a RB like Okoye with high hitting power would just run over my defenders if I couldn't personally get there in time to make a play.

Another thing about Punch-Out...

Remember that Russian guy "Soda Popinsky"?  He was always drinking "soda" in between rounds?  Although I was too young to realize it at the time, what a hilarious character that was. 

I guess the conservative climate of the Cold War made it ok to be non-PC.

223834[/snapback]

The funniest part was in the version of the game they had in arcades, his name was Vodka Drunkenski.