Sammy Watkins Voted NFL Rookie of the Week

johnwalter

sammy or telvin, sammy may win because he's the bigger name, but whenever a defender forces 2 turnovers in a winning effort IMO that beats 100 yards receiving and 2 TDs

If it were a mediocre 100 yards receiving game, I might agree with you. But Watkins made a number of key catches (game tying touchdown, just to name 1) to help win the game. I have to give the nod to Sammy.

Edited by FLbills

Idk if id go that far. If he had at least the chandler or hogan catch too, perhaps.

Guys made plays but he took over the game. They are supposed to make plays. LeBron takes over games too but that doesn't mean that he scores every basket. Watkins had 9 catches, 7 of which went for 1st downs and 2 for TDs. He was the best player on the field, certainly when the Bills O & Vikes D were on the field anyways. He was dominant (again).

I think it let me vote about 20 times....

think is the key word. not sure if all of them count.

I voted 10 times. I'll vote later from a different IP and add a "few" more

Sammy was open a lot against Revis. Orton just didn't throw it his way enough.

are you saying KO was afraid of Revis Island?

LOL

are you saying KO was afraid of Revis Island?

LOL

That was key matchup I watched form the first snap and Sammy was getting separation. Idk if Orton was afraid or the game plan wasn't to challenge him, but they waited too long. When they finally went that way it was too late on the scoreboard.

Looking at the candidates for this week I will be disgusted if Sammy doesn't come away with it.

Not included in the stats is the fact that be prevented an INT on the final drive by getting a hand on the ball going toward 2 defenders.

Bingo. Posted that in the game thread that he proved every single clutch aspect during that final drive. Even more so with getting that left hand on the poorly thrown ball.

Not included in the stats is the fact that be prevented an INT on the final drive by getting a hand on the ball going toward 2 defenders.

I mentioned that in a different thread. If not for that attempt at the ball, the Vikes most likely had the INT GAME OVER.

Bills lose 16-10

If it were a mediocre 100 yards receiving game, I might agree with you. But Watkins made a number of key catches (game tying touchdown, just to name 1) to help win the game. I have to give the nod to Sammy.

I just think that's what your #1 WR should do. We haven't had a true #1 in a while so we're not used to it. Granted he's a rookie doing it so that makes it notable. But telvins effort, even for an established star, would be outstanding

I just think that's what your #1 WR should do. We haven't had a true #1 in a while so we're not used to it. Granted he's a rookie doing it so that makes it notable. But telvins effort, even for an established star, would be outstanding

When looking at the Rookie of the Week though you have to ask, "Whose effort was more impressive? Who had a bigger impact on the result?" We can't factor in where a guy was drafted or what he was supposed to do. Watkins was supposed to be a star and he is. Brandon Oliver has been the Rookie of the Week the last 2 weeks and he wasn't drafted. There is not a rookie in the league that played a bigger role than Sammy this past week.