Gameplan against the Jets

Someone please call Chan Gailey. They need to go four and five wide all game and throw it quick. Their D-line will sack Orton 8 times if they call a traditional game. They need multiple WR and TE screens to the wide side of the field. Don't let their D-line get back in the play. I think this is the week a reverse or two should be called. Even a WR sweep to get outside the d-line quickly.

On defense, status quo. Geno will beat himself. Rush three and four. They don't have any weapons even with Harvin. Geno can move and if they lose contain could hurt you. Drop 7 or 8. A well timed nickel DB blitz from the blindside with a LB or DE dropping into zone could cause some havoc. Otherwise just keep everything in front of you and wait for the Geno mistake.

Yes, we all know how good Gailey was against the Jets. I'm sure he never got blown out by 30 by Sanchise, or managed to only put up 11 with his vaunted O or go 1-5 against them in his tenure here, with the one win coming in week 17 with both teams out of playoff contention.

Call him up!

Edited by FireChan

Lol. Whatever game plan we had in the second game last year should do. Their DBs are bad. We can get a lot done in the passing game. I am excited to see what Bryce Brown can do, too.

I think those guys went all out to best the Pats and just missed it. Hopefully they will be morally deflated for us.

Yes, we all know how good Gailey was against the Jets. I'm sure he never got blown out by 30 by Sanchise, or managed to only put up 11 with his vaunted O or go 1-5 against them in his tenure here, with the one win coming in week 17 with both teams out of playoff contention.

Call him up!

My god I forgot just how bad they have been. How would you attack them and keep Orton upright?

Lol. Whatever game plan we had in the second game last year should do. Their DBs are bad. We can get a lot done in the passing game. I am excited to see what Bryce Brown can do, too.

I think those guys went all out to best the Pats and just missed it. Hopefully they will be morally deflated for us.

Agree they went for broke and are only a couple weeks away from letting Rex go. Don't see Harvin changing that but I could be wrong.

I think pounding the rock against a pretty stout front will get the Bills

Nowhere. I know Hackett doesn't like going spread with four wide but he should consider it as Orton can find the man match up he likes and hit quick slants and work the short underneath game. This will loosen up the D and then pound the Rock with Booby. This game is winnable as the D will keep us in it. I just hope he doesn't go run up the gut on first down from the start because it could become a very long afternoon for this Offense. They will have to carry Orton off the field in a bucket cause this O line is just awful.

We have to stick with the run even if at times it is frustrating. Open up the play action to attack the Jets dodgy DBs deep. I am one of those fans who isn't obsessed with going deep every series like it is a Madden game, but next Sunday I want to see them take shots deep early and often and if they can establish even the basics of a running game the opportunities on play action should be there to do so.

The closest Gailey was to beat the Jets was when he used 2 backs in the backfield and froze the LBs with lots of PA,

Every time he opened up the playbook and tried to spread their defense we lost badly, we couldn't run the ball and every time Fitz went empty backfield he took a beating because their CBs were so good that there was rarely some one open.

This time around they have really bad CB play, so you put the ball on Orton's hands and challenge their CBs by throwing to the WRs.

We need to stop the run. Yes our D is good at that but the Jets are a great running team. Get some turnovers and we will win. Orton has shown he can pick up some big chunks when he gets time. He will get good protection on a few plays and thats enough.

Why we havent signed incognito and given Urbik a chance at G is astounding to me. Our Gs may cost us the playoffs and with it, both Doug's jobs. The stubbornness is astounding.