SB XXV Playing on NFL network right now

i know i am watching it...so many things pissed me off about that game...damn defense cant make a tackle...

and did you know thomas averaged 9.5 yds everytime he touched the ball (rushes + recs)...dammit for not gettin him the ball more often...

i know i am watching it...so many things pissed me off about that game...damn defense cant make a tackle...

and did you know thomas averaged 9.5 yds everytime he touched the ball (rushes + recs)...dammit for not gettin him the ball more often...

223499[/snapback]

I see more and more people have figured out the unfortunate reason we lost that game :lol:

Just think, we may then have had the confidence to win atleast one (maybe two but probably not ) of the other SuperBowls.

It's hard to be a Bills fan at this time of year.

Spent a good part of today watching the SB highlight shows on the NFL Network. It is still tough to watch those four losses. As great a run as it was to just have had one win would have been so deserving for that team and for Buffalo and all the fans. Damn shame....

Just think, we may then have had the confidence to win atleast one (maybe two but probably not )  of the other SuperBowls.

223509[/snapback]

Of course, the opposite may have been true; the team may have become complacent and never gone to another Superbowl.

CW

I can't watch it, too painful.  I almost subconsciencely believe it may turn out different when I'm watching.

223517[/snapback]

Yeh, I got a little fired up today watching the Bills D stuff Emmitt Smith on 3rd down to force a FG :lol:

re: the 1st SB - I remember reading an article about Bellichek telling his players that Kelly was going to want to be the hero in his 1st SB; hence the 2 man front. Generally Kelly was pretty unselfish throughout his career calling plays, but there's no getting around the fact that he f*cked up that game.

Tonight was the debut of the NFL Network on Adelphia and that was the first thing I saw on it. I had to turn it right off. To this day, I have never watched any replays of the game or any highlights of the game except seeing Norwood miss and I still have to turn away when they show that. I still have the tape of the game and it's never been watched or rewound since that night right after the missed FG. It's exactly at the spot where I stopped the tape at the end of the game. The only thing I did was take it out the VCR and put it away in a closet. It stays that way until the Bills win a Super Bowl and then I will rewind it and watch it.

Anyone think the NFL Network knew that it was their debut night on Buffalo cable or was it just a coincidence that they showed the SB XXV highlights?

Which I would have taken in each and every time. One win in exchange for the whole streak.

223662[/snapback]

This topic comes up pretty frequently, and the split seems to be roughly 60/40 in favor of winning one.

I'm part of the 40; nobody remembers the Giants from SB25. And while we were considered losers at the time, history has been very kind and most people point out the resilliency of the team and the fact that nothing like that will ever be duplicated. Think about how "great" the Pats are; they'd have to go to two more straight Superbowls to match what we did. They're only halfway there.

I'll take the 4 losses over one win any day.

Now if I could have one win and three losses..... :lol:

CW

you're kidding right??

223738[/snapback]

No, I'm not. I'd rather be remembered for our resilliancy of winning 4 straight AFC Championships than to be a flash-in-the-pan, winning SB25 and not going back anymore. Think anyone rememebrs the Giants or Redskins all that much? No.

And as I said, I'm not alone. The poll for this question comes up pretty frequently, and it's usually a 60/40 split in favor of winning one. That means roughly 40% are in the boat with me.

CW

Think anyone rememebrs the Giants or Redskins all that much?  No.

And as I said, I'm not alone.  The poll for this question comes up pretty frequently, and it's usually a 60/40 split in favor of winning one.  That means roughly 40% are in the boat with me.

CW

223742[/snapback]

I could care less if anyone wouldn't remember the Bills because they made it to just one SB appearance and won. I would remember and cherish that day for the rest of my life and that's all that matters. Who cares if the national media or fans from any other cities would view us as a flash in the pan?

I could care less if anyone wouldn't remember the Bills because they made it to just one SB appearance and won.  I would remember and cherish that day for the rest of my life and that's all that matters.  Who cares if the national media or fans from any other cities would view us as a flash in the pan?

223750[/snapback]

So you're saying that, had we won the Superbowl in 1999, you wouldn't be complaining that we weren't good a couple of years later? That's BS.

The fact of the matter is, we were the best team in the league for over 5 years. As other teams rose and fell, we were always near the top. I really can't believe the people who say they'd rather win one Superbowl and then go 0-16 for the next ten years (yes, that was one of the polls in the past). Makes no sense to me. But to each their own.

CW

So you're saying that, had we won the Superbowl in 1999, you wouldn't be complaining that we weren't good a couple of years later?  That's BS.

The fact of the matter is, we were the best team in the league for over 5 years.  As other teams rose and fell, we were always near the top.  I really can't believe the people who say they'd rather win one Superbowl and then go 0-16 for the next ten years (yes, that was one of the polls in the past).  Makes no sense to me.  But to each their own.

CW

223760[/snapback]

I'm not saying, I wouldn't be complaining, but I guarantee you that the losing seasons would be easier to take knowing that we have one SB championship in the bag.

In case you can't tell, I'm on the side of 1 SB championship instead of 4 SB losses. :lol:

So you're saying that, had we won the Superbowl in 1999, you wouldn't be complaining that we weren't good a couple of years later?  That's BS.

The fact of the matter is, we were the best team in the league for over 5 years.  As other teams rose and fell, we were always near the top.  I really can't believe the people who say they'd rather win one Superbowl and then go 0-16 for the next ten years (yes, that was one of the polls in the past).  Makes no sense to me.  But to each their own.

CW

223760[/snapback]

That was my poll!

I agree with you. Plenty of teams have won a superbowl, only 1 has gone to 4 straight.

I bet you if we had won that first Super Bowl, we'd have the confidence to win possibly 2 or more to be honest....yeah i know, I've heard that what kept the Bills coming back was the fact they were hungry to win that first one...BUT, I argue around that time teams were kept together and free agency and parity didn't exist, and we had such great players...just food for thought

This topic comes up pretty frequently, and the split seems to be roughly 60/40 in favor of winning one.

I'm part of the 40; nobody remembers the Giants from SB25.  And while we were considered losers at the time, history has been very kind and most people point out the resilliency of the team and the fact that nothing like that will ever be duplicated.  Think about how "great" the Pats are; they'd have to go to two more straight Superbowls to match what we did.  They're only halfway there.

I'll take the 4 losses over one win any day.

Now if I could have one win and three losses..... :lol:

CW

223671[/snapback]

Giants fans remember the Giants of SB25.

And the fact that you could even compare our run to the Pats makes me chuckle. While it's impressive, it's no where near what the Pats have accomplished. Win OR Lose.

I want to add one thing. The Braves get ragged on constantly for their streak. The funny thing is I don't really care what other people say. They still have a ring from 1995 that no one can take away. Call them chokers, but they still won one.

Now, if they didn't have that ring I'd trade the entire streak for it.