With no #1 pick next, will Buffalo spend more money on the DL?

Tipster19

Dareus and Hughes are both very important but there are others to consider before Dareus and Hughes right now.

2015 Free Agents:

Jerry Hughes

Erik Pears

Brandon Spikes

Da'Norris Searcy

Chris Hairston

Marcus Easley

Lee Smith

Jarius Wynn

Stevenson Sylvester

Frank Summers

Larry Dean

Chris Hogan

Corbin Bryant

Jordan Gay

Nick Sukay

On that list I am interested in working out a deal with Gay, Hogan and Wynn before the season is over if they continue to show potential and improve. Searcy, Summers, Pears and Hairston will need to get better and show they cannot be replaced or upgraded.

Lee Smith may not even make it to the end of the year the way people make it sound on here but until we have someone to replace him I want to try to keep him at the table until supper is finished.

Brandon Spikes, Marcus Easley and Jerry Hughes are 3 players that I feel must be resigned. Hughes is the most interesting signing because he will have influence over the Dareus situation. As of right now I am ready to sign Spikes - 4 years and Hughes - 3 years. In week 10 at their continued level of play currently exercised I would extend Gay and Wynn. At the end of the season I look back on Pears and Hairston season to see if an upgrade is possible. Searcy and Easley get an offer before week 16 - they both contribute to special teams.

Can't extend Spikes in season, he's a vested veteran. First crack the Bills will have at resigning him is opening day of Free Agency.

With the new Rookie pay scale - I don't think the lack of having to pay a first rounder is that huge. Frankly, we won't be throwing big money at Manuel or Spiller, so we will have money to pay our free agents (ones we want at least). I think they will look at free agency for QB, DE, TE...