As CaveManMike said...Just Chill

I don't post much, if at all, but a read a fair amount of the threads. I understand the ups and down (mostly downs for the past 14-15 years) the Bills had, but we can't call for a QB's head after every lost. No one is going to be perfect. Moreover, its only his 2nd game and we had a chance win the game. I think we closed the gap between us and the Pats and we are still are in an good spot to make a playoff push. Before we call for his head, let see what happens over the next 6 games.

Edited by BaltimoreFanBills

I don't post much, if at all, but a read a fair amount of the threads. I understand the ups and down (mostly downs for the past 14-15 years) the Bills had, but we can't call for a QB's head after every lost. No one is going to be perfect. Moreover, its only his 2nd game and we had a chance win the game. I think we closed the gap between us and the Pats and we are still are in an good spot to make a playoff push. Before we call for his head, let see what happens over the next 6 games.

It isn't that the Bills lost. Its how they lost. This team talks like they are a playoff team and when the two biggest challenges have come to the Ralph, the entire team wilted, tucked their tales between their legs and slunk away. This was such a key game to the season. The Pats come to town, dominated us for 15 years and we have the talent to beat them and they just got handled.

I'm usually the most positive Bills fan, but this team isn't ready for primetime. They went all in and are failing. I see us at 7-5 at Best going to Denver, GB, Oak, and NE

Looks like 8-8 to me. Hardly an improvement.

It didn't seem to me as if the gap has closed at all. The Pats continue to own this team, and the AFC east. We were out coached, out played and the fact that the ref's are in the Pats back pocket played a pretty big role as well. This issue is, how to deal with it. We do have some talent on this team, unfortunately years of neglect in the front office and coach staff is not so easy to undue. I know Pags implied everyone is safe. However, until we have professional quality people in the management and coaching positions, we will continue to be irrelevant in this league. Trust me, we are irrelevant. Brandon is not a football guy, Whaley is over his head, Marone is, at best, a medium college coach, Hacket is inept. I honestly don't know much about our scouting staff, but a honest review of our drafts that last 5 years shows that they have been below average.

Just my two cents.

It isn't that the Bills lost. Its how they lost. This team talks like they are a playoff team and when the two biggest challenges have come to the Ralph, the entire team wilted, tucked their tales between their legs and slunk away. This was such a key game to the season. The Pats come to town, dominated us for 15 years and we have the talent to beat them and they just got handled.

I'm usually the most positive Bills fan, but this team isn't ready for primetime. They went all in and are failing. I see us at 7-5 at Best going to Denver, GB, Oak, and NE

Looks like 8-8 to me. Hardly an improvement.

The OP's point is valid to me. I'd extend it beyond QB play to the entire team and season. Enough with the rollercoaster reactions after every win or loss. Doomed after a loss, playoff bound after a win. It's totally irrational and ridiculous. And tiresome.

Related to that, shouldn't we keep our expectations for this team realistic? Did you really, honestly, truly think this team was ready for primetime? Beyond that one game, why would anyone who is thinking clearly go into this season expecting playoffs? The Bills have been a habitual 6-10 team. Until they show us otherwise, I assume they'll finish right around 6-10. And that's okay with me because, well, being a fan is supposed to be fun overall.

Orton looks better than EJ - maybe that's good enough for a few more wins this season. Let's see where the team sits come late November before we **** our pants from either the joy or misery.

It didn't seem to me as if the gap has closed at all. The Pats continue to own this team, and the AFC east. We were out coached, out played and the fact that the ref's are in the Pats back pocket played a pretty big role as well. This issue is, how to deal with it. We do have some talent on this team, unfortunately years of neglect in the front office and coach staff is not so easy to undue. I know Pags implied everyone is safe. However, until we have professional quality people in the management and coaching positions, we will continue to be irrelevant in this league. Trust me, we are irrelevant. Brandon is not a football guy, Whaley is over his head, Marone is, at best, a medium college coach, Hacket is inept. I honestly don't know much about our scouting staff, but a honest review of our drafts that last 5 years shows that they have been below average.

Just my two cents.

i think the point is that this teams ceiling to most people this year was to squeeze into the playoffs as a WC. This would be a monumental accomplishment for a team that hasn't made it in 14 yrs. That is still possible, whether they beat NE this year or not.

It's fun to think about winning the division, I just never got there where I thought it was likely.

Just my two cents.

It's gotten frustrating to even watch. They've been stealing your lunch money for over a decade now. Beat you up a couple times a year behind the school parking lot . Pretty much following the same script each time. You've won a couple battles over the years but that just seems to be the law of averages at work. The Bills have no answer on defense for the 2-TE formations. They play 10 yards off receivers that you know are going to run 5 yard crossing patterns. They don't make a commitment to getting in his face and give Brady all day to throw when everybody and his brother knows he'll pick you apart given enough time in his comfort zone. Which he seems to do every time. They make a living beating you by winning the turnover battle but your offense always makes the critical mistake at the wrong time and they don't take care of the ball against them. And so on..

Yet this team has made incremental progress at best in over 10 years of facing the exact same opponent with the exact same strategy each and every time they've played the Patriots. Its no secret what they are going to do. They don't need to do anything different until you put up a legitimate fight and beat the crap out them 2 times in a season.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

... Enough with the rollercoaster reactions after every win or loss. Doomed after a loss, playoff bound after a win. It's totally irrational and ridiculous. And tiresome.

You are right about the volatility in our reactions, and keeping an even keel would make more sense.

That said, this wasn't just any loss. This was a game that was so much more. The coaching staff and locker room leaders had to have this one circled from the moment the schedule was announced. And everything since has just amplified the importance of the game: the ownership change, the apparent vulnerability of the P*ts, the division there for the taking. Plus the legacy of half a lifetime of getting owned by the smarmiest, slimiest, most unsportsmanlike, cheating-est football team since forever. It all shouted for the team to step up and make a statement, if they executed a solid gameplan and minimized mistakes.

And none of it happened, as everyone knows. The Bills gave away 3 turnovers and 100+ yards in penalties at home, while letting Brady sit comfortably in the pocket and pick apart the secondary, even without the benefit of a run game.

This was a statement game, all right. And the statement was that the Bills showed up small in nearly every way, coaches and players. #1 on the Patri*ts list of points to execute is always "Save the bullets. Cuz the Bills will always shoot themselves in the foot."

So talk of a strong playoff contender was premature for this team. But disgust with that performance was earned.

kj

I hear what you are saying, but I don't think we have closed the gap at the two critical spots of quarterback and coach.

Bingo! I think man-for-man that the Bills have an overall more talented roster. With Bellichick and Brady the Patriots have two guys who are smart, talented, and obsessed with out-working their opponent. They spend countless hours dissecting the opponent's strengths and weaknesses -- and then figure out how to eliminate that strength and highlight the weakness. Note that Watkins was a non-factor mostly and that Duke Williams was picked on early and often. Meanwhile, we have an OC obsessed with running the same play over and over again that never works and illustrates the shortcomings of our offense. Bill B and his coaches are also masters at halftime adjustments. The Bills' coaches, meanwhile, have done a poor job of making counter-adjustments.