Article on Fox News ranking tailgating cities.

CodeMonkey

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first time I heard of "Buffalo Wings" is when I went away to college. My college friends were giving me crap about Buffalo, saying the city had nothing to offer. Then one kid said there was ONE thing good from Buffalo: Buffalo Wings. At that time (1977), no one knew what he was talking about - including me.

You ever been asked how you wanted them, and you say hot/medium/mild. Then they ask if i wanted them traditional and naked? I had know idea what the hell was going on. Apparently, they bread wings outside of Buffalo.

Gee so you don't like Fox News? I won't debate you on the merits of various news outlets because this is a Buffalo Bills forum, but your response made me laugh. It sounds like a talking point from the Democratic party. And like I said, I knew that there would be at least one person that had to disparage Fox News instead of enjoying the #2 ranking.

And there should be more.

plenty to do in Buffalo

I read that a certain RB with the initials Willis McGahee disagrees. Buffalo is not South Beach, and Willis is not a genius. (But at least he didn't use Canadiens as speed bumps.)

Edited by Augie

I can't read the article.

My religion (and every bit of common sense) forbids me to read, watch or listen to publications of Fox News.

I was always that in mixed company (outside of family) to never discuss politics or religion (....or football, for that matter)

I almost hate to ask what religion would compel you to offer such a corrosive opinion of a particular news outlet - I thought (most) religions were supposed be tolerant of differing trains of thought/opinion? Or maybe I shouldn't ask the question???

I would rather keep the conversation to the Bills, as this is a Bills message board, but you dangled some pretty low-hanging fruit - :wallbash:

I was always taught that in mixed company (outside of family) to never discuss politics or religion (....or football, for that matter)

I almost hate to ask what religion would compel you to offer such a corrosive opinion of a particular news outlet - I thought (most) religions were supposed be tolerant of differing trains of thought/opinion? Or maybe I shouldn't ask the question???

I would rather keep the conversation to the Bills, as this is a Bills message board, but you dangled some pretty low-hanging fruit - :wallbash:

I have a serious question. What exactly do you "do" in cities that have a lot to "do" in? Go to night clubs? Attend a Broadway show? play volleyball on the beach? When I was in WNY I had no problem entertaining myself with the great hunting and fishing there, but maybe that's just me.

guessing the people looking for things to do and common there isn't a lot to do are complaining about the club scene. Buffalo actually has everything else one could want.

Summer- beaches, lakes, fishing, baseball, waterfront, concerts, parks, hiking, bike paths

Fall- football, hockey, hiking, hunting

Winter- skiing, football, hockey, hunting, snowmobiling, ice skating

Spring- hiking, baseball, waterfront

In top of all that, which may be duplicated a few times is restraints galore. They don't call people from Buffalo more obese for nothing. Bars all over the place. NT is in the Guinness book of records for christs sake for bars on a single street. Wing joints. Pizza. Beef on Weck. You name it for food. There's the theatre district. There's parties almost every night of the week in some part of the city. Thursday night is a hot at the waterfront. Pegulaville will be huge once it's complete. Some huge malls. Niagara Falls. Canada working rock throwing distance. Toronto nearby.

Honestly, those people that say there's nothing to do here just got bored of those things and thought a pool party in Las Vegas would be more fun. I know becaise I was one of them. I'm back after spending a few years away from home. I spent 2 years in Vegas and got sick of that too.

guessing the people looking for things to do and common there isn't a lot to do are complaining about the club scene. Buffalo actually has everything else one could want.

Summer- beaches, lakes, fishing, baseball, waterfront, concerts, parks, hiking, bike paths

Fall- football, hockey, hiking, hunting

Winter- skiing, football, hockey, hunting, snowmobiling, ice skating

Spring- hiking, baseball, waterfront

In top of all that, which may be duplicated a few times is restraints galore. They don't call people from Buffalo more obese for nothing. Bars all over the place. NT is in the Guinness book of records for christs sake for bars on a single street. Wing joints. Pizza. Beef on Weck. You name it for food. There's the theatre district. There's parties almost every night of the week in some part of the city. Thursday night is a hot at the waterfront. Pegulaville will be huge once it's complete. Some huge malls. Niagara Falls. Canada working rock throwing distance. Toronto nearby.

Honestly, those people that say there's nothing to do here just got bored of those things and thought a pool party in Las Vegas would be more fun. I know becaise I was one of them. I'm back after spending a few years away from home. I spent 2 years in Vegas and got sick of that too.

good post but your not going to convince the fools that live in a flat, humid and hot hell hole like Florida that Buffalo is not locked in snow and ice 10 months of the year.

good post but your not going to convince the fools that live in a flat, humid and hot hell hole like Florida that Buffalo is not locked in snow and ice 10 months of the year.

yeaj. I know. Still annoying that many, even here, that call themselves Bills fans yet have never stepped foot in the city and they talk about it like they know.