Aikman 1-15 in his first year.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't ask how I know, but it isn't too hard to tell a Ford Granada from a Mercedes. I don't need Ricardo Montalban to try and convince me otherwise.

;-P

Am I officially IN? :-)

Yes... I am purposely butchering my pop culture references. Still do we want a Mercedes or a Chrysler Cordoba? ;-P

But what about the fine corinthian leather?

All kidding aside, I wouldn't compare him to Rivers, but even Geno who I don't like is showing some improvement. Cousins and Foles look significantly better.

Now if he comes back and has two very good games, ok, he earns the right to keep playing. If he is terrible after two more games, it's time to swap for Ortin and see if after 5 1/2 weeks, he can run the offense.

Look, some time on the bench as a 2nd stringer wouldn't kill EJ Manuel.

We need to win now....

Now? are you off your meds?

2-1 isn't bad in Sept, finishing 2-2 won't be horrible either (but somewhat depressing).

The Bills lost to a better team last Sunday. Now we need to see if Houston is a better team or not this Sunday.

and if they lose hope that Tom Terrific keeps sucking.

You may not have noticed but we actually have won 2 out if 3. If memory serves me correctly EJ was the QB.

If you have a stud up and comer like Kyle Orton, you have to play him. His upside is tremedous. If he was our QB, we would be 3-0 and probably won every game by 50 points. Those are just facts.

If you have a stud up and comer like Kyle Orton, you have to play him. His upside is tremedous. If he was our QB, we would be 3-0 and probably won every game by 50 points. Those are just facts.

The facts actually are that Orton was last a starter in 2010 where he racked up a 3-10 record in his 13 starts. Orton was first drafted in 2005 and really is a well respected back-up who left his last gig in Dallas threatening to retire.

Look at his stats for the last three years and tell us whether his losing record as a back-up are the "facts" you site that make him an up and comer.

The facts actually are that Orton was last a starter in 2010 where he racked up a 3-10 record in his 13 starts. Orton was first drafted in 2005 and really is a well respected back-up who left his last gig in Dallas threatening to retire.

Look at his stats for the last three years and tell us whether his losing record as a back-up are the "facts" you site that make him an up and comer.

Cite

Sarcasm

Haha. It was totally tongue in cheek. If we are going to Kyle orton to save the season, we're screwed anyways. Love him as a backup, hate the idea of him starting.

EJ needs more time to develop, but there has been improving from last year to this year.

That said, Aikman was the 90's era Eli Manning. What QB makes the Pro Bowl with 11 touchdown passes or more picks than TD's? He averaged a TD/ game for his career. The fact that he is a hall of famer is a joke. The stars of that offense was everyone but him. Those teams won with Steve Beuerlein, Jason Garrett and Rodney Peete filling for Aikman and in some cases did better in relief than Aikman. That line plus Irvin, Harper, Novacek, Moose, and Emmitt were more important than Troy.

Also, Aikman was 0-11 his rookie year. Steve Walsh got the win that season.

EJ needs more time to develop, but there has been improving from last year to this year.

That said, Aikman was the 90's era Eli Manning. What QB makes the Pro Bowl with 11 touchdown passes or more picks than TD's? He averaged a TD/ game for his career. The fact that he is a hall of famer is a joke. The stars of that offense was everyone but him. Those teams won with Steve Beuerlein, Jason Garrett and Rodney Peete filling for Aikman and in some cases did better in relief than Aikman. That line plus Irvin, Harper, Novacek, Moose, and Emmitt were more important than Troy.

Also, Aikman was 0-11 his rookie year. Steve Walsh got the win that season.

You're right. aikman's stats didn't look that great. He was great in big games though.