Still in first place

Three weeks into the season and we're 2-1 and in 1st place. I'm willing to bet most people here would've been happy with that start if polled at the beginning of the season. I like our odds next week and I like our schedule. The sky's not falling, yet.

Let's get a grip.

I'm on board with this. Prior to the season I had us at 1-2 with a win vs Miami and losses vs. Bears/SD. Being 2-1 and seeing the Pats struggle the way they have and Miami/Jets not looking very impressive at all is a big bonus.

If we're going to lose a game guys, losing to a non division team is the way to go. Lets face it, SD looks like a top 3-5 team in the NFL right now.

Things that we need to improve however: EJ needs to complete on the deep passes. He had multiple WR open on deep routes and he completely overthrew them. You need to hit those.

Also, we need more consistent pass rush. Our pass rush kinda sucked vs. the Bears but Cutler still found a way to blow it. Our pass rush showed up big time vs. Miami but then disappeared again (for the most part) yesterday vs SD. Unlike Cutler, Rivers will destroy you if he has 6 seconds to throw the ball.

Prior to the season I had us beating Houston. We need to win that game. Losing vs a superior team like SD doesn't kill me, but we need to beat the average teams if we want a shot at 9-7 or the wild card.

Three weeks into the season and we're 2-1 and in 1st place. I'm willing to bet most people here would've been happy with that start if polled at the beginning of the season. I like our odds next week and I like our schedule. The sky's not falling, yet.

Let's get a grip.

You're right. But...

While I'm not solidly in the sky-is-falling camp, what bugs about yesterday's loss is how bad we looked. Our Pass D had problems. Our entire O had problems. And we were undisciplined, committing 100+ yards of infractions which kept SD drives alive and ruined the rhythm of our offense. In sum, we didn't look like a 2-1 team.

Hopefully yesterday isn't a harbinger of what's to come.

But right now we're tied with the Pats for first place. Our record is the same as the SB Champions. The skies ought to be sunny today.

We need momentum. We need to hit the end of the season with some wins because:

Dec

@Peyton Manning

vs. Green Bay

@Oakland

@NE

We might go 2-2 at best in this stretch.

Oakland sucks. Green bay looks like crap. New England appears to be struggling.

Why all this wringing of hands about games that are months away? Every year the league changes, some teams get better, some get worse. There are injuries, suspensions, rookies developing, veterans getting old fast....all kinds of different variables at play.

That stretch is no more daunting than any other 4 game slice.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Oakland sucks. Green bay looks like crap. New England appears to be struggling.

Why all this wringing of hands about games that are months away? Every year the league changes, some teams get better, some get worse. There are injuries, suspensions, rookies developing, veterans getting old fast....all kinds of different variables at play.

That stretch is no more daunting than any other 4 game slice.

where's Ice Bowl?

looking to wk 4 and being a homer bold wins - the way the Putz are playing on O, it still looks like they could retain a 1st place tie.

Buffalo at Houston - Fitz forgets and throws to the Bills defenders all day !!!

Miami at Oakland - are the fish really that bad?

Detroit at NY Jets - the Lions surprised me v GB

New England at Kansas City MNF Upset Special

We need momentum. We need to hit the end of the season with some wins because:

Dec

@Peyton Manning

vs. Green Bay

@Oakland

@NE

We might go 2-2 at best in this stretch.

you're freaking 0-2 and about to stop me. not cool

Green Bay and New England are showing major weaknesses this year... and Oakland is Oakland. 3-1 is a very real possibility.

where's Ice Bowl?

looking to wk 4 and being a homer bold wins - the way the Putz are playing on O, it still looks like they could retain a 1st place tie.

Buffalo at Houston - Fitz forgets and throws to the Bills defenders all day !!!

Miami at Oakland - are the fish really that bad?

Detroit at NY Jets - the Lions surprised me v GB

New England at Kansas City MNF Upset Special

miami plays Oakland in London. Good luck getting the Brits to want an NFL team after that showcase.