The big reason the Pats are almost unbeatable

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8136278

Their play helped the Patriots finish fourth in scoring offense (27.3) and seventh in total offense at 357.6 yards per game. They also helped Dillon finish third in the league in rushing with 1,635 yards and limited the opposition to 26 sacks, the best total in a decade.

Its the reason why Dillion had 1635 yds in 15 games.

Its the reason why Brady passed for 3692 yards and had a 92 QB rating. Time to let the play develop means everything.

Lets hope we put an emphasis on the O line this offseason and stop trying to just get by on whoever we can plug in. Although none of the NE players were bigtime pickups, and most were unheralded coming out of college.

GO Bills.

Their play helped the Patriots finish fourth in scoring offense (27.3) and seventh in total offense at 357.6 yards per game. They also helped Dillon finish third in the league in rushing with 1,635 yards and limited the opposition to 26 sacks, the best total in a decade.

Its the reason why Brady passed for 3692 yards and had a 92 QB rating. Time to let the play develop means everything. 

Lets hope we put an emphasis on the O line this offseason and stop trying to just get by on whoever we can plug in.  Although none of the NE players were bigtime pickups, and most were unheralded coming out of college.

GO Bills.

221790[/snapback]

All lies.  The only reason they win is because they have Tom Brady and not Drew Bledsoe.  :w00t:

There is no question that the Pats' OL is better than most, but that still should not take away from Brady's pocket presence. As much as I hate to admit it, the guy throws great passes at the very...and I mean VERY...last second. His ability to feel the pressure and do something about it is outstanding, and it isn't hard to see how Drew was unable to succeed in that system while Brady could.

I don't put all the winning on Brady, and I don't put all the losing on Drew, but Brady does great things in the pocket when the sh-- is hitting the fan.

There is no question that the Pats' OL is better than most, but that still should not take away from Brady's pocket presence. As much as I hate to admit it, the guy throws great passes at the very...and I mean VERY...last second. His ability to feel the pressure and do something about it is outstanding, and it isn't hard to see how Drew was unable to succeed in that system while Brady could.

I don't put all the winning on Brady, and I don't put all the losing on Drew, but Brady does great things in the pocket when the sh-- is hitting the fan.

221809[/snapback]

True - Brady has the ability to sense the pressure and get rid of it. But most NFL qb's do, or they wouldnt be in the NFL. The Pats O-Line though, amkes a big difference. and Brady never seems to make mistakes at game changing moments. He takes the sack, throws it away, or - mostly - makes a play! But having time to make a play is the difference btwn success and failure.

Plus they're rarely called for holding in key situations.  Not because they don't do it.

221843[/snapback]

It is THE joke of the NFL. Hands outside the shoulders and grasping the back of the defender's jersey.

It makes the NFL laughable.

Holding calls are the MOST SUBJECTIVE CALLS for an official and you will NEVER see it called on a Pat's player on an important play. It is the one surefire way for officials to control games,

Once the oline understands that there will be no holding calls against them.....

Yep, Weis's offense looked great in 2000 when Brady wasn't leading it. :lol:

Oh yes, with that wonderful collection of players on the offense. Care to list them? Care to tell me how Belichick's defense looked that year? Didn't think so.

And oh yeah, how are the Colts and Steelers doing these days?  :lol:  Don't you ever get tired of being dead wrong?

Your team actually won 2 games in the playoffs convincingly and WITHOUT ref help. It's about damn time.

Oh yes, with that wonderful collection of players on the offense.  Care to list them?

Troy Brown in his prime. Terry Glenn (who is more physically gifted than any regular receiver Brady's ever had). Kevin Faulk, who was essentially the Pats' lead back last year (for most of the year, anyway). Hell, Joe Andruzzi was even in there. Suffice it to say, the talent level is not that different, and pre-Dillon, the non-QB offensive TALENT might've been a little better in 2000 than in 2001-2003. All these street FAs and ex-arena-leaguers just look BETTER around Brady. I wonder why? :lol:

Care to tell me how Belichick's defense looked that year?  Didn't think so.

We're talking about the OFFENSE here. Try to keep up.

Your team actually won 2 games in the playoffs convincingly and WITHOUT ref help.  It's about damn time.

Have fun trying to convince yourself of the Pats' illegitimacy. The rest of us don't give a sh--.

8-0 and counting! :lol:

Lets hope we put an emphasis on the O line this offseason and stop trying to just get by on whoever we can plug in.  Although none of the NE players were bigtime pickups, and most were unheralded coming out of college.

GO Bills.

221790[/snapback]

Very good post...the Offensive Line is one of the most important parts of a team yet gets little attention.

Youre right - they have a nice combo of FA pickups and draftees. And their FA's seem to be players who werent great coming out of college, but who have been allowed to get some training/experience with other teams, and time to bulk up a bit. When the Pats pick them up through good scouting, they have players ready to step up. Hopefully McNally can help us do this.

However, if you see their O-line, it has one 2nd round pick a bunch of

4-5th rounders and a bunch of 7th rounders....My point is they are doing all

that without overspending big-bucks on the line.  That is where big-time

coaching comes in to the picture.

Our O-line is currently over-priced compared to the Pats O-line, but much

more under-achieving..

222019[/snapback]

Troy Brown in his prime.  Terry Glenn (who is more physically gifted than any regular receiver Brady's ever had).  Kevin Faulk, who was essentially the Pats' lead back last year (for most of the year, anyway).  Hell, Joe Andruzzi was even in there.  Suffice it to say, the talent level is not that different, and pre-Dillon, the non-QB offensive TALENT might've been a little better in 2000 than in 2001-2003.  All these street FAs and ex-arena-leaguers just look BETTER around Brady.  I wonder why? :lol:

Yep it was SO good that the Pats went out and replaced 6 starters on offense, pre-Brady. Way to use your noggin there bud.

We're talking about the OFFENSE here.  Try to keep up.

This part was obviously lost on you. You see, the "genius" Belichick and Crennel couldn't make chicken salad out of chicken sh--, just like Weis couldn't with the offense and the WHOLE 4 players you mentioned. The bottom line is that Belichick has proven that once his system is in place and his players have bought into it, they can win with ANYONE. Just look at your defense this year.

Have fun trying to convince yourself of the Pats' illegitimacy.  The rest of us don't give a sh--.

Neither do I. Oh and speak for yourself, which is hard enough for you as it is.

Um hello people is anyone there?

Football games are won at the line end of story.

The Patriots win because of their coaching staff. That includes their coaching of said lines, along with the other parts. Just take a look at the Pats' O-line and where the players were drafted (or not). Take a look at their secondary. Their ability to win 2 SB's with Antowain and probably a 3rd with Dillon. Bledsoe leading them to a win in the AFCCG back in 2001. Seymour missing the Colts and Steelers games, and them still having a dominating defense. That is why I'll be happy when Weis and Crennel are gone, because it won't be so easy to replace them.