Matt Miller hates the Bills - Update: just hates EJ

YoloinOhio

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Watkins makes that catch, and you couple it with the amazing throw/catch to Chandler, only a few homers would be critical of EJ today. The Sammy throw was just terrifically defended or it's six.

And I'm not a big fan of "If you just change this/that, then the game ends differently," because that's not what I'm really saying. But that was a damn good throw.

Actually he was good most of the game but awful in the second quarter. Three bad redzone throws that ended two drives and then two awful throws in succession to kill another drive....one to Woods that was wildly inaccurate and nearly intercepted(if not for Woods grabbing the defender) and another on the next play to Watkins that was very late to an open Watkins that allowed the boundary corner to come off of his man and nearly intercept that pass.

To me the most impressive aspects of his game to this point are not turning the ball over (a strongsuit of his to start with) and throwing the intermediate and deeper routes MUCH better than last year. The pass to Chandler lands 5 yards out of bounds last year.

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

Wouldn't that be a byproduct of his low pass attempts overall though? And wouldn't a better stat be the % of pass attempts 20+ yards? Because I'm willing to bet that EJ has thrown a high percentage of his throws that distance.

Right on, EJ has been efficient in that range.

congratulations!

I am also not related to him. I just you know...avoid people if I dislike their writing (Mike Harrington and Mike Rodak for example) instead of getting all twisted up over it.

I am also not related to him. I just you know...avoid people if I dislike their writing (Mike Harrington and Mike Rodak for example) instead of getting all twisted up over it.

yes, I can tell. That is a characteristic I do not have. I stopped following rodak, miller and some others in the last month or so and it has been nice.

If Watkins makes that catch, and you couple it with the amazing throw/catch to Chandler, only a few homers would be critical of EJ today. The Sammy throw was just terrifically defended or it's six.

Yeah, the play to Watkins starts at the Miami 45 Watkins runs a go route EJ throws the pass when Watkins hits the 30-31 yard line and the pass is money. On Chandlers catch the play starts at the 29 1/2 . Chandler runs an out and up, at the 23-24 yard line he starts his break up the field. EJ was throwing the ball as Chandler was starting his break up field. He doesn't deliver those throws especially Chandlers last year.