Sickening to be a Bills fan

I hate this time of year. I hate it because I start reading what happened years ago about our Bills and the 4 superbowls we lost, and the way we lost them.

It brings back tears of a fourth grader watching Superbowl 25 and the missed kick, and having his mom tell him the game was fixed...It brings back humialtion of going to school the next day after getting blown out by the home team Redskins...It brings back the numbing feeling watching the cowboys steam roll us for our 3rd loss....and finally, it brings back the memory when my uncle called me during half time of the 4th loss against Dallas yelling "I'm telling you! we're going to win this one!!"

i need a beer, God Bless

I remember watching the third one and seeing Thurman go in for the first score.....I thought for SURE we'd have won that one. I was even hoping the Cowboys would win the NFC Champ. game because I thought we'd be better off against them than the 49ers. Those losses were tough, frustrating, and heartbreaking..........but I still wouldn't trade that run for anything (aside from a win or two, that is). It was awesome watching the team kick the crap out of the rest of the league year in and year out. I used to be able to look forward to watching the Bills play almost every sunday when I lived up there.....now I'm lucky to see them once or twice a year. Man, I was literally excited all week when I knew we were playing Miami that Sunday.......those were the days.

I remember watching the third one and seeing Thurman go in for the first score.....I thought for SURE we'd have won that one. I was even hoping the Cowboys would win the NFC Champ. game because I thought we'd be better off against them than the 49ers.

What got me was the NFCCG between the Giants and 49'ers in 1990. The Giants had knocked Montana out of the game and were ahead and trying to run out the clock, and Craig fumbles, which the Giants recover and go onto score and win. Had the Bills played the 49'ers with Young (who wasn't that good at the time, and it took him the 1st half of 1991 to get used to the WCO) starting for Montana, the Bills would have rolled on the 49'ers.

I think most of us carry this bagage. I'm old enough to remember our 60's AFL championships, but that was an eon ago. This may help:

The Eagles are going to only their second bowl 0-1

The Panthers only once 0-1

The Falcons only once 0-1

The Chargers only once 0-1

The Titans/Oilers only once 0-1

The Bengals 0-2

The Vikings are also 0-4

The Saints

The Texans

The Browns

The Cardinals

The Seahawks

The Jaguars

The Lions -all have never gone!!

It is worse in other areas including some teams who left their cities..

Buck up, soldier! :w00t:

Yeah, in my school, they started making us watch the news every morning for 15 minutes before the start of each class. I remember the morning after the 4th superbowl loss, the whole time the TV was on, thats all they talked about. Right before the TV went off, the newscaster made some kinda joke about the Bills, and the whole class looked at me and laughed. I was one pissed off 8th grader the rest of the day. :w00t:

I hate this time of year. I hate it because I start reading what happened years ago about our Bills and the 4 superbowls we lost, and the way we lost them.

It brings back tears of a fourth grader watching Superbowl 25 and the missed kick, and having his mom tell him the game was fixed...It brings back humialtion of going to school the next day after getting blown out by the home team Redskins...It brings back the numbing feeling watching the cowboys steam roll us for our 3rd loss....and finally, it brings back the memory when my uncle called me during half time of the 4th loss against Dallas yelling "I'm telling you! we're going to win this one!!"

i need a beer, God Bless

221401[/snapback]

The worst is Super Bowl Day - ESPN usually shows all the 1/2 NFL films specials for each game, right in a row. 2 hours of stomach punches - but I usually watch it all anyways...and feel sick

As I make my way through middle age(45 years old), I continue to hold out hope that either the Bills and/or the Sabres(if there is still an NHL :w00t:) will win a championship at some point in my lifetime.    Am I really asking to much?? :D  :D

221582[/snapback]

I hear ya, bro.. I hope it isn't too much to ask as I too have spent 40+ years lovin and dying by these guys BUT.... tick tick tick tick tick... :lol:

I feel your pain. It will all be worth it one day when we reach the promised land.

:D

221407[/snapback]

I keep telling everyone....if the Red Sox can do it, so can the Bills.

It will happen. I think Mularkey has this team on the right track to do so.

But I agree - every year around this time is a punch in the gut. Makes it worse when your boss is a Dallas fan and won't let you forget about SBs XXVII & XXVIII, how Jimmy Johnson is the only college coach to have real success in the pros, blah, blah, blah..... :w00t:

I've grown philosophical about it over the years and look at it this way: It takes something special to be a true Bills fan, and most rank and file NFL fans aren't up for the task. We will win a Super Bowl someday - and it will be the sweetest victory in all of sports, and only true Bills fans will be able to savor it!!!

:w00t:

That said, I simply do not subject myself to watching the end of Super Bowl XXV. What's the point?