NFL had tapes in April

bonechiller

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't think the first three words are some of the most important, if not the most important as I would argue, then you are mistaken. And what do you want me to explain? This isn't a course on the constitution.

So far you've said the preamble makes the constitution inconsistent with Tom's statement. That strikes me as laughably retarded, but out of fairness (and my own personal amusement) I thought I'd give you a chance to explain.

Edited by Rob's House

So far you've said the preamble makes the constitution inconsistent with Tom's statement. That strikes me as laughably retarded, but out of fairness (and my own personal amusement) I thought I'd give you a chance to explain.

I said with his poor understanding of the government he should read the constitution, and you don't have to get more than three words into to realize how he doesn't understand things well. Anything else you think I said, came from your assumptions (you shouldn't do that)

Edited by Crayola64

And what have i said wrong about the constitution?

You've said that the first three words of the preamble are the most important words in the document. That's...pretty !@#$ing wrong. :lol: Like arguing that guns should be illegal based only on the twenty-seventh word of the Second Amendment.

No, there's usually one mob. Mob mentality is a real thing and historically a primary concern for keeping domestic order was subduing mobs. One of the primary reasons why we have criminal trials with set procedures and protections was to avoid mob justice. Because the mob is not rational.

You can scoff at it all you want, but just because you agree with or are part of the mob doesn't make it any less real. Now it's tweets, emails, and blogs rather than pitchforks and torches, but it's still a group of irrational people calling for someone's head. And you not worrying about it doesn't change the fact that one day it could be you or someone you care about in those crosshairs.

And yes, people have always had their words held against them, but the situation as it exists today where everything is public, narcissism is at an all time high and growing, and political correctness has become de facto law (and a strict one at that) where saying something mildly controversial off hand, in public or private, can bring a media firestorm down upon he who dares question convention, that's relatively new in America.

Galileo would probably chuckle at western society and say we've come full circle.

If you're equating social media consensus with "mob mentality," and tweets, emails (who emails anymore?), and blogs with "pitchforks and torches," then you are patently wrong that there is "usually one mob." This debate is evidence. I'm not even sure which mob you represent.

And stop trying to pigeon-hole me into agreeing with some cross-section of some mob. I'm not even sure who you're defending. Honestly, there is so much that is hypocritical in your posts, that it matters little. I haven't been defending, or attacking anyone on this issue.

And that is about all I have for you. If you would like the last word, feel free to take it.

You've said that the first three words of the preamble are the most important words in the document. That's...pretty !@#$ing wrong. :lol: Like arguing that guns should be illegal based only on the twenty-seventh word of the Second Amendment.

I understand you don't grasp the importance of the preamble, that's fine. Thats why we pay people a lot of money to deal with it

If you're equating social media consensus with "mob mentality," and tweets, emails (who emails anymore?), and blogs with "pitchforks and torches," then you are patently wrong that there is "usually one mob." This debate is evidence. I'm not even sure which mob you represent.

And stop trying to pigeon-hole me into agreeing with some cross-section of some mob. I'm not even sure who you're defending. Honestly, there is so much that is hypocritical in your posts, that it matters little. I haven't been defending, or attacking anyone on this issue.

And that is about all I have for you. If you would like the last word, feel free to take it.

There is usually only one mob. It's the one that's the loudest.

I understand you don't grasp the importance of the preamble, that's fine. Thats why we pay people a lot of money to deal with it

Show me the Supreme Court decision confirming the precedence to the first three words of the Preamble over the rest of the Constitution. I'll wait.

Show me the Supreme Court decision confirming the precedence to the first three words of the Preamble over the rest of the Constitution. I'll wait.

Where did I say the preamble can be used in court? You shouldn't assume, you look stupid when you do

Two your question is also very stupid

Edited by Crayola64

I'd like you to point out one, just one thing I've said that's hypocritical. And you can't figure out who I'm defending because I'm not defending anyone. I'm appealing to logic. Whenever one of these outrage incidents arises I encourage people to think and act logically. That this offends you says a lot more about you than it does me.

Where did I say the preamble can be used in court? You shouldn't assume, you look stupid when you do

Two your question is also very stupid

Then how can it be the most important part of the Constitution, if it has no legal standing?

It's like arguing law with a fish. :wacko:

Then how can it be the most important part of the Constitution, if it has no legal standing?

One, we aren't arguing law. Two, use google if you really want to find out the importance of the preamble.

(I know you are trying to contradict everything I say, but you look incredibly stupid for not understanding the importance of the preamble. At some point during an argument, you should realize what you are saying is very dumb. The preamble is incredibly significant, amazing, and unprecedented. Its remarkable, but I guess you have to have an understanding of the constitution to recognize that)

I'd like you to point out one, just one thing I've said that's hypocritical. And you can't figure out who I'm defending because I'm not defending anyone. I'm appealing to logic. Whenever one of these outrage incidents arises I encourage people to think and act logically. That this offends you says a lot more about you than it does me.

Nothing? Didn't think so. In my mind a guy that writes a check his ass can't cash is a !@#$ing kitty.

Yeah, the meaning of the Constitution has nothing to do with law.

You're an idiot.

where have I argued about the meaning of the constitution? You just aren't good at this. But if we were to argue about the meaning of the constitution, do you know where the best starting point would be to understand the purpose, scope, and context of the constitution? The preamble dufus

Whoooooooosh (some things go over your head, but luckily you aren't smart enough to usually notice im sure)

On a side note: Do you really think the preamble isn't extremely significant and arguably one of the most important phrases in the entire constitution? Or you just going to be so dense and try troll?

Edited by Crayola64