Anyone know if Rich Gannon is available?

1billsfan

Drew is at his worst in big games. You and I both know this for a fact. Gannon has a recent history of providing Superbowl/MVP caliber QB play. I don't understand what the hangups are with Gannon. I know he's not the same player he was a couple of years ago, but I think if healthy he's a much better option than Bledsoe.

As for the ol' biddies shaking their fingers at me. Get over it or go somewhere else. Just because something was posted here before doesn't mean it can never be approached again. Who the veteren QB is challenging JP in training camp is the single most important topic facing the Bills in the off season.

221104[/snapback]

agree, if he's healthy enough to play ball, he had neck problems this season, he'd be a hell of a back-up, better than Drew actually.

Drew is at his worst in big games. You and I both know this for a fact. Gannon has a recent history of providing Superbowl/MVP caliber QB play.

221104[/snapback]

You're right. Except for that big game that Drew played in and got New England into the Super Bowl a couple of years back. And except for the fact that Gannon and Drew both have played well enough to win the same number of Super Bowls.

Not that I disagree with you, or anything. I'd like to see Gannon here as the backup. I think he and Bledsoe are a toss-up for the #2 spot if they come at the right price. Edge to Bledsoe since he knows the offense already.

You and I both know this for a fact. Gannon has a recent history of providing Superbowl/MVP caliber QB play.

221104[/snapback]

Yes he is...until he gets to the Super Bowl and throws five picks, three of which are returned for TDs. And they say Bledsoe is no good in a big game.

Are we so desperate to replace Bledsoe that we'd consider Gannon? Or Feeley?

I understand you're looking for someone as a backup, but I just can't imagine a world where using Gannon over Bledsoe is a good idea for a backup, provided Bledsoe stays.

Plus, the way I read the comments from OBD, you may as well get used to Bledsoe being around because he WILL challenge JP for the starter position, he WILL beat JP for the starter position, and after two losses, JP WILL taken over and the changing of the guard will have taken place. Next year JP gets his reps, Bledsoe has time to find another deal or retire, and THEN we find a backup for when JP comes in as a full-fledged starter in 2006.

I'm not saying that's exactly what will happen. It just wouldn't surprise me. Bledsoe has worn out his welcome with the fans. It really came down to one game, and he blew it. Beating Pittsburgh and getting to the playoffs was going to be his mulligan, and he got the yips.

But nobody of worth would really pick him up after this. Some say Chicago. Which sounds as awful as Emmitt is going to Arizona. That reeks of "What the hell do you think you're going to prove THERE? That you're still a great player or that you had a chance to grab a couple quick million before you hang it up?"

I feel a bet coming on. Will he stay or will he go?

if Bledsoe is involved in open competition he will lost his starting job. He was handed the keys to the car every year since his rookie year, with no exception.

He's not used to battle for something he believes it his by default, by being the 1st overall pick in 1993.-

Drew goes with the motions and never puts extra work to get better (from Patsies fans) he does everything by the book or what is requested of him but that never was enough and will never be enough.

But I hope they cut him before March 2.

if Bledsoe is involved in open competition he will lost his starting job. He was handed the keys to the car every year since his rookie year, with no exception.

He's not used to battle for something he believes it his by default, by being the 1st overall pick in 1993.-

221189[/snapback]

See, I absolutely agree with this statement, but my conclusion is much different than yours.

I think if Bledsoe is truly challanged for the job, he will elevate his game.

Think about it. The first half of the 2002 season, Bledsoe was pretty close to flawless. He was on pace to put up numbers comparable to what Manning did this year. While it is true that Bledose had no challanger waiting behind him that season (or as you correctly point out, has never had until Brady came along), his ego and pride were damaged by the Patriots. He played at another level, on a team far less talented than the one we have now, I believe, because he was out to prove that he wasn't washed up, like the folks in New England were letting on. He proceeded to probably have the greatest 8 game stretch by any QB in Bills history, and wiped Jim Kelly's name out of a fair amount of the team record books.

I honestly believe that Bledsoe returning to the Bills, with a chip on his shoulder, would be the best thing for him, JP Losman, and ultimately the Bills.

Drew is at his worst in big games. You and I both know this for a fact. Gannon has a recent history of providing Superbowl/MVP caliber QB play. I don't understand what the hangups are with Gannon. I know he's not the same player he was a couple of years ago, but I think if healthy he's a much better option than Bledsoe.

As for the ol' biddies shaking their fingers at me. Get over it or go somewhere else. Just because something was posted here before doesn't mean it can never be approached again. Who the veteren QB is challenging JP in training camp is the single most important topic facing the Bills in the off season.

I

Bledsoe is a perfectly viable backup for the bills. Don't worry, i agree that bledsoe can't win the big game and he's lost a step... However, he is the best backup for this team. He knows the offense, would be driven if put in a game, and would provide consistency with JPL. Lets just say that JPL gets us to the playoffs next year... Then he gets hurt in a 7 point divisional game next year. I'd take bledsoe off the bench over gannon. I really hope he restructures, then comes back and does the open competition thing next year in camp. That's the best option for the bills. He HAS TO RESTRUCTURE though.