Manziel files for trademark "Johnny Cleveland"

YoloinOhio

You should be the last one to highlight a double standard given the way you contort yourself to support Manziel in every way as if he is flawless. OTOH, you take every opportunity crap on EJ. Hypocrisy at its height. You should check yourself 1st before trying to point out any double standard by anyone else.

Maybe, but the difference is I just proved your double standard with evidence in a polite manner. Something you and Biscotti have failed to do, but act as though it's so obvious and easy.

Viva La Johnny!

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You proved nothing. You simply offered a differing opinion.

With evidence. Where's yours about my alleged double standard? And maybe your stance on my double standard is a differing opinion.

Sorry, but your reasons for loving Namath and hating Johnny are mired in hindsight and arbitrary distinctions. You might as well have said Namath was allowed to be cocky because you loved his hairstyle.

You should be the last one to highlight a double standard given the way you contort yourself to support Manziel in every way as if he is flawless. OTOH, you take every opportunity to crap on EJ. Hypocrisy at its height. You should check yourself 1st before trying to point out any double standard by anyone else.

so many pro johnny's... how many of them are anti drug?

I'm pro drug and don't care if he does.... You just don't brag about it.

With evidence. Where's yours about my alleged double standard? And maybe your stance on my double standard is a differing opinion.

Sorry, but your reasons for loving Namath and hating Johnny are mired in hindsight and arbitrary distinctions. You might as well have said Namath was allowed to be cocky because you loved his hairstyle.

Facts: One is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. One is a rookie backup who is behind the immortal Brian Hoyer, How's that for a distinction? :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Facts: One is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. One is a rookie backup who is behind the immortal Brian Hoyer, How's that for a distinction? :lol:

Oh, was he inducted out of college? Because that's what we were talking about.

These comparisons between Namath and Manziel begin and end with both being dynamic college QBs. There is simply no other comparison to be made. Level of brashness? Really? LOL.

GO BILLS!!!

Maybe not exactly the same, but to act like Namath was cocky only after dominating in the AFL is wrong. He was cocky and wild before he played a professional down.

Coiming out of College, one was the prototypical professional QB prospect with every attribute a scout could possibly dream of. One is anything but that.

Humor me and take a wild guess as to which prospect fits each of the above descriptions.

Coiming out of College, one was the prototypical professional QB prospect with every attribute a scout could possibly dream of. One is anything but that.

Humor me and take a wild guess as to which prospect fits each of the above descriptions.

So he was a great QB prospect? That's why it was okay for him to be arrogant?

Maybe not exactly the same, but to act like Namath was cocky only after dominating in the AFL is wrong. He was cocky and wild before he played a professional down.

Except he wasn't. Bear Bryant simply didn't tolerate that. Namath was known as a humble kid from modest beginnings in an integrated community in Beaver Falls, PA. And he was considered almost shy his first year in New York at least when dealing with the media. But he came into that locker room and made it his by demonstrating an uncommon command of the game, unseen arm strength, and rare leadership abilities in such a young QB. Weeb Ewbank would have had a mutiny on his hands if he didn't get him in the starting line-up as soon as he did.

Namath's "cockiness" was more confidence than anything else. And he really didn't start exhibiting that until he had proven some things in the league.

GO BILLS!!!

Except he wasn't. Bear Bryant simply didn't tolerate that. Namath was known as a humble kid from modest beginnings in an integrated community in Beaver Falls, PA. And he was considered almost shy his first year in New York at least when dealing with the media. But he came into that locker room and made it his by demonstrating an uncommon command of the game, unseen arm strength, and rare leadership abilities in such a young QB. Weeb Ewbank would have had a mutiny on his hands if he didn't get him in the starting line-up as soon as he did.

Namath's "cockiness" was more confidence than anything else. And he really didn't start exhibiting that until he had proven some things in the league.

GO BILLS!!!

If you have HBO access, I highly recommend their documentary on Namath: http://www.hbo.com/sports/namath#/

If you have HBO access, I highly recommend their documentary on Namath: http://www.hbo.com/sports/namath#/

That's a nice piece. A couple former "mentors" were consulted in the making of that documentary.

I'll freely admit my bias towards Namath. He was, afterall, a childhood hero. But there have been numerous people over the years who were expressely looking to write scathing exposes who came away with a new respect for him as a player and person. Especially when they learn of his pro-African American positions during his turbulent college years at Alabama, not exactly a bastion of liberal thinking back then.

GO BILLS!!!

"I can't prove anything, and I'm totally not biased even though every JFF post I have is filled with deep seated anger. He definitely did coke, seriously."

That's, um, exactly what I said.

Deep seated anger? For this clown?

I hope he stays around long enough to keep the hits coming. It's entertainment, baby.

In the blood very short, in the hair? You tell me. Unless the CBA does not allow that.

Would have to read up on the CBA.

In the urine, up to 5 days.

That's, um, exactly what I said.

Deep seated anger? For this clown?

I hope he stays around long enough to keep the hits coming. It's entertainment, baby.

Multiple posters have gone far past, "this clown," and have expressed what one could call hatred.