Bills Fans?

bonechiller

I was under the assumption this was a forum for "Bills Fans"

It seems as though most of the people on here have turned into the national media, just continually down talking this team as if they don't care about them!

All the focus is on trashing a second year QB that we should be supporting. There is very little talk about how good the defense could be, or the entire receiving corp., or anything positive. I mean EJ has only started a handful of games and all the focus is on how soon he must go, or where his replacement will come from.

Damn, we are less than a week from the start of a new season! when I come on here it all seems negative! We should be excited and support who we have. Not every QB has the accuracy of a Drew Brees or Brady.

Just my thoughts.

(We must dance with the girl we brought!)

19 and 0 BABY!

I was under the assumption this was a forum for "Bills Fans"

It seems as though most of the people on here have turned into the national media, just continually down talking this team as if they don't care about them!

All the focus is on trashing a second year QB that we should be supporting. There is very little talk about how good the defense could be, or the entire receiving corp., or anything positive. I mean EJ has only started a handful of games and all the focus is on how soon he must go, or where his replacement will come from.

Damn, we are less than a week from the start of a new season! when I come on here it all seems negative! We should be excited and support who we have. Not every QB has the accuracy of a Drew Brees or Brady.

Just my thoughts.

(We must dance with the girl we brought!)

19 and 0 BABY!

Umm 14 years and no playoffs. .. kind of hard to get excited. We've been hurt before. I'll still be excited when kickoff happens, but I'm tempering expectations. The D looks good, maybe great! There's a thread on that already. We focus on what's broken not what works.

We dance with the girl we brought ... well we're bringing two to the ball.

Fan does not equal Pollyanna. Okay, some are Pollyannas and some are pessimists, but some are realists. I try to stay (as firmly as possible) in that last group so I need to see actual reasons to get excited or bummed about something. The Bills haven't given me much. Also I'd note that there are many who bounce between Pollyanna and pessimist depending upon the last game or two. That would make my stomach sick so I try to stay off that ride.

Cool, dance with both! hahaha

I understand the frustration, but I don't want to criticize pre-season too much. They did what they needed to to get the 53 they think are the best, now lets see!

Here's how it works:

"Nobody will remember me saying they suck if they're doing well and if they falter, I can tell everyone how smart I was because I told them it would happen."

Edited by Campy

Umm 14 years and no playoffs. .. kind of hard to get excited. We've been hurt before. I'll still be excited when kickoff happens, but I'm tempering expectations. The D looks good, maybe great! There's a thread on that already. We focus on what's broken not what works.

then go away. You want playoffs, root for the Defending champ whoever it is that year

But you act or post like we don't know our history. We.do and we still support the team. The negativity is not needed on a.fan site.

then go away. You want playoffs, root for the Defending champ whoever it is that year

But you act or post like we don't know our history. We.do and we still support the team. The negativity is not needed on a.fan site.

So you can only support the team by saying nice things about them? OK, EJ is the best quarterback in the league! ... funny, saying it doesn't make it true.

How about don't read the posts if they upset you so much?

I believe there are two distinct themes expressed by fans on this message board regarding the past 14 years of ineptitude. The first, in my opinion, is a fairly reasonable approach to the season that I see in the first sentence of your post: "I'll still be excited when kickoff happens, but I'm tempering expectations." The second is this approach by a small number of posters of beginning virtually every post with "They have sucked for 14 years" and ending with "They will suck again this year" - and, in between, giving reason after reason (usually beginning with EJ) why the team will suck. There is no optimism, no hope....only pure cynicism. Again, in my opinion, I just cannot see the fun of being a fan when, before the season even starts, you are already tossing it on the scrap heap of past failures.

But, to each their own.

My dog loves to roll in crap. Some fans here seem to like it as well. Maybe they like the stink of failure so much they want to smell it all the time. Personally I prefer to be upbeat. It's a game, after all. Enjoy it. And if we fall short, shake it off and move on.

Here's how it works:

"Nobody will remember me saying they suck if they're doing well and if they falter, I can tell everyone how smart I was because I told them it would happen."

It would have been nice if the team bucked that trend in over a decade.

And it isn't the case of coming back to dance on the grave of yet another season, it's pointing out the glaring faults that are seen in preseason, only to be met with the standard response of - it's only preseason so it doesn't matter. Or, these guys are professionals, they know what they're doing. How has that worked out?

Until the team starts playing to the expectations that it sets out (how many times have we heard, playoffs or bust), fans have the right to be skeptical.

My dog loves to roll in crap. Some fans here seem to like it as well. Maybe they like the stink of failure so much they want to smell it all the time. Personally I prefer to be upbeat. It's a game, after all. Enjoy it. And if we fall short, shake it off and move on.

This is a good point. I choose to be upbeat and not temper my enthusiasm, the highs are awesome and the lows suck, but I just wouldn't trade it for anything. I think personally if I get to the point where all I'm seeing is the negative and no longer excited for the season then that will be the time I give up rooting for the Bills. But I don't ever see that happening at all.

There ya go, getting better!

Hey,it ain't a fantasy team where we get the first 22 picks. It's a game where we "root" for our favorite team, with who they have. I personally think they will surprise many. If they can beat Chicago in week one, the first quarter to half of the season looks pretty good. And if they come together, gel, and rack up some big wins before the last 4 games, I could see a shot at the playoffs

This is a good point. I choose to be upbeat and not temper my enthusiasm, the highs are awesome and the lows suck, but I just wouldn't trade it for anything. I think personally if I get to the point where all I'm seeing is the negative and no longer excited for the season then that will be the time I give up rooting for the Bills. But I don't ever see that happening at all.

I don't think I can choose to be upbeat. I am how I am. I get excited not because I want to. It's an emotion. If I "roll around in our own craps" it's because that's my natural response. I can't help it.

And I come to this board not to ruin other people's mood (although some might), but I'm expecting to find others of the same feelings and opinions. It's a support group. Bills Fans Anonymous.

I believe there are two distinct themes expressed by fans on this message board regarding the past 14 years of ineptitude. The first, in my opinion, is a fairly reasonable approach to the season that I see in the first sentence of your post: "I'll still be excited when kickoff happens, but I'm tempering expectations." The second is this approach by a small number of posters of beginning virtually every post with "They have sucked for 14 years" and ending with "They will suck again this year" - and, in between, giving reason after reason (usually beginning with EJ) why the team will suck. There is no optimism, no hope....only pure cynicism. Again, in my opinion, I just cannot see the fun of being a fan when, before the season even starts, you are already tossing it on the scrap heap of past failures.

But, to each their own.

100% agree.

Exactly.

I mean why is it so hard to understand the concept of the negativity?

The team has sucked with pretty much the same !@#$s making the football decisions over the past decade. While I am confident the team has talent they lack respectability in the two most important aspects of the game, the coaching staff and QB position. I have no confidence in the coaching staff and their QB is a huge, huge question mark. The same guy who couldn't stay healthy on 3 separate occasions last year and when he was healthy he was average at best.

They looked awful in the preseason like they have in years past.

I will be watching the games on Sunday like every other Bills fan cheering them on, but until they actually "Show me the baby" I will continue to be negative. Again, why is that so hard to comprehend?

It's not that hard to understand.

Actually it is a choice to be negative, and an individual chooses to either be full of optimism and hope or they don't. I think that is the point the OP is making. Many people on this board continue to be negative and doom and gloom and bash the team, well it would make others pause and wonder, if someone is so down on them so much, what's the point in following or rooting for them? I think there is a middle ground for some and it goes the same for the QB situation, if you root and support for EJ, you're an apologist, and if you criticize, you're a hater. Not everything is so black and white, and I choose to believe that a high percentage of people here are die hard fans, however the perception by skimming through posts is that this is hands down the worst franchise in the league, and one who does absolutely nothing right. The fact is that we as fans have a right to be frustrated, but things could be worse, so what's the harm in getting excited and being optimistic that we can buck the trend and have a good year.

19-0 baby!!!!!!