"Depth Heroes"

Every year fans talk about "improved" depth. I can't remember a single year in the last 10 years that I heard anyone say "our depth is down this year". I personally can't tell you the difference in talent level between a Stefan Charles and a Landon Cohen.

Depth heroes from yesterday year like Alan Branch (demoted to "bum"), Alex Carrington (demoted to bum) or Searcy (now promoted to replace a pro bowl safety) are now replaced by this years depth heroes like Stefan Charles and Duke Williams.

Seems to be that teams that win playoff games have certifiable stars, and good starters in many positions. Other than the Green Bay team that rode Aaron Rodgers to Super Bowl victory a few years ago, I can't think of any time a teams "depth" actually made as big of a difference as everyone wants to believe. Does anyone else think "depth" is something fans agonize over unnecessarily? Does it really matter if we have an extra kicker rather than a roster spot for Landon Cohen for example?

The cutting of Cohen once again shows that the front office is living in another planet. I am so mad for him because the guy just did all he was asked to do. All the FO has to do is to let him start the Lions game and let him show you he can play. I think one of the reason we haven't made the playoff is our front office. I hope the new owner can see that and clean house when he gets the team.

The cutting of Cohen once again shows that the front office is living in another planet. I am so mad for him because the guy just did all he was asked to do. All the FO has to do is to let him start the Lions game and let him show you he can play. I think one of the reason we haven't made the playoff is our front office. I hope the new owner can see that and clean house when he gets the team.

You do realize this wasn't some rookie UDFA right? That he in fact even has history with our coaching staff (and like a quarter of the teams in the league?)?

All I have to say about this is Justin rogers. Because we were not deep at cb last year he pretty much lost us a game (or two, who's counting??) Depth is December football when most of your starters are playing hurt.

Nuff said. This should answer the OP'S question.

All I have to say about this is Justin rogers. Because we were not deep at cb last year he pretty much lost us a game (or two, who's counting??) Depth is December football when most of your starters are playing hurt.

Amen. Justin Rogers last year is the easiest, and most glaring, example of depth hurting a team. He had no business being on the field, and it showed, considering he was burnt for like 200 yards and 2 TDs by a guy WHO WAS JUST CUT YESTERDAY.