Other news

VABills

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quagmire?  Anyone?  Quagmire?

How about exit strategy? No mention of exit strategy.

Let's see, what is another soundbite I can toss in here...Ooooh

This is another Vietnam!!!!

221031[/snapback]

sorry to say that but it's much worse than Vietnam, once the US finally decided to stop the Vietnam fiasco they left and Vietnam became a communist country like the others, nothing really dangerous. Today the US can not leave Iraq even if they wanted to do so because Iraq 'd immediatly become the most dangerous place for World peace. (well some think it is yet the case...). The Iraq situation is a Vietnam war you can not stop...

sorry to say that but it's much worse than Vietnam, once the US finally decided to stop the Vietnam fiasco they left and Vietnam became a communist country like the others, nothing really dangerous. Today the US can not leave Iraq even if they wanted to do so because Iraq 'd immediatly become the most dangerous place for World peace. (well some think it is yet the case...). The Iraq situation is a Vietnam war you can not stop...

221281[/snapback]

And thankfully the rest of the world "leadership" recognizes this and is stepping in to assist. Because doing the right thing is important to Europe.

Oh that's right, it's only OK to do business in poor countries if you're screwing them over. :P

Wanna bet?

220669[/snapback]

I seriously doubt it...  You clearly don't know the history or caliber of a good many of the people that post here.

220852[/snapback]

The topic of this thread being media, PR and how they operate, yeah, I'd fairly send you packing. :P

Conversing with a brick wall, tho, is neither my wish nor inclination.

The topic of this thread being media, PR and how they operate, yeah, I'd fairly send you packing. :)

Conversing with a brick wall, tho, is neither my wish nor inclination.

221294[/snapback]

That's based on your experience in the real world, not what you learned in college, right? :P

And thankfully the rest of the world "leadership" recognizes this and is stepping in to assist.  Because doing the right thing is important to Europe. 

Oh that's right, it's only OK to do business in poor countries if you're screwing them over.  :P

221289[/snapback]

Darin i agree we should all hope the US can get out of this and restore order in Iraq but we will not help you (even if we SHOULD) , you went there in spite of our warnings you'll get out of it by yourselves!

Darin i agree we should all hope the US can get out of this and restore order in Iraq but we will not help you (even if we SHOULD) , you went there in spite of our warnings you'll get out of it by yourselves!

221309[/snapback]

Well la de da. Who really gives a f*ck what Jaques Chirac and his froggy friends think anyway?

The French are an AFTERTHOUGHT in history. A has-been nation.

Don't presume to come here and scold US like we're five years old, you fruity, cheese-eating, chain-smoking, Jerry Lewis film-watching, croissant-eating, faux-romantic surrendermonkey!

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Yes I did forget that.  That those who are "capable" of college should have it paid for becuase it makes sense.  But for everyone else they should be your servants and slaves, changing your oil, shining your shoes because obviously they are too stupid to serve any other function.  Oh I remember those discussions.  I thought you were being funny, because it sounded too much like Hitler and the Aryan Nation to be have me honestly believe it.

220541[/snapback]

Pell grants were designed to give a leg up (read: nowhere near the free ride you're imagining) for people who come from "servants and slaves" background. What would I know, I only delivered papers and cleaned houses during high school and the first three years of college. Every job is important in this country and a hard worker deserves respect whatever the occupation. Where do you get off talking to someone like this? You don't even know me. Democrats see the value of PG, Republicans see the value of PG to generate more money into the economy rather than trying to make something out of nothing. You've said before that it should be done by individual states. With 60% of college grads moving to the states where they go to school, what state in their right mind is going to want to do this unless there's a mandate that it only applies to State U? There's a reason why things are set up the way they are. Not perfect, but what is? Economic girliemen like yourself have your only venue in a sounding board like this.

If you ever see someone at RWS wearing a UConn wool cap, and feel the inclination to walk up and ask if their name is James, do me a solid and walk on by. I don't usually wish harm on others, but if I wake up one morning and read something that you've been shot by a disgruntled co-worker who's sick of your crap or that you've got Ebola, I won't be particularly saddened. You don't need to bother with a reply. I'm done w/ PPP and this site.

Pell grants were designed to give a leg up (read: nowhere near the free ride you're imagining) for people who come from "servants and slaves" background. What would I know, I only delivered papers and cleaned houses during high school and the first three years of college. Every job is important in this country and a hard worker deserves respect whatever the occupation. Where do you get off talking to someone like this? You don't even know me. Democrats see the value of PG, Republicans see the value of PG to generate more money into the economy rather than trying to make something out of nothing.  Economic girliemen like yourself have your only venue in a sounding board like this.

If you ever see someone at RWS wearing a UConn wool cap, and feel the inclination to walk up and ask if their name is James, do me a solid and walk on by. I don't usually wish harm on others, but if I wake up one morning and read something that you've been shot by a disgruntled co-worker who's sick of your crap or that you've got Ebola, I won't be particularly saddened. You don't need to bother with a reply. I'm done w/ PPP and this site.

221324[/snapback]

Bye. Bye Jimmy.

BTW, you ever watch Eddie Murphy. He has a part in his stand up comedy about te "know it all" who goes to the Chinese restaurant. He thinks he is cute and orders wonton soup, with an obvious mocking of the waiter. Well the waiter goes out back and Eddie does the mimicking like he is jacking off in the soup, saying "Yeah I give you special won ton soup". Trust me, with your attitude towards people, I guarentee you have already had special won ton soup and spt burgers.

Respect goes beyond saying it. It is actually showing respect for everyone from the guy who changes your oil, to doing the laundry, to the service men and women protecting your ass. Have you ever bought a military guy a drink when you saw him in the bar, paid for their lunch at the deli? Didn't think so. I have. I have also when I was in the service had people do the same for me. That is respect. Not saying that everyones job is important. Treating people like they are your friend is.

Trust me, I would never ever consider stopping and talking to you. You obviously wouldn't have the time of day for someone like me. Of course, others around here have met me, and know now what I do for a living. And trust me, my feet are firmly planted and love most people around me regardless of their job or politics. I however hate "stupid people".

BTW, you should consider politics, because your attitude sure fits with the typical North East politician.

Pell grants were designed to give a leg up (read: nowhere near the free ride you're imagining) for people who come from "servants and slaves" background. What would I know, I only delivered papers and cleaned houses during high school and the first three years of college. Every job is important in this country and a hard worker deserves respect whatever the occupation. Where do you get off talking to someone like this? You don't even know me. Democrats see the value of PG, Republicans see the value of PG to generate more money into the economy rather than trying to make something out of nothing. You've said before that it should be done by individual states. With 60% of college grads moving to the states where they go to school, what state in their right mind is going to want to do this unless there's a mandate that it only applies to State U? There's a reason why things are set up the way they are. Not perfect, but what is? Economic girliemen like yourself have your only venue in a sounding board like this.

221324[/snapback]

We'll truly miss your "other worldly" condescension. Coming from me that should have an effect. You should start your own business now, while you still know everything.

Damn, what the hell are we going to do now? Does anyone else here know everything? We have to find a way to survive this crisis. Everyone start listing things you know about and maybe together, as a team, we'll know as much as UJ did.

he JSP it' s not my ego or the ego of frenchmen in general i'm talking about , it's the fact that politically the french government can not tell french taxpayers: "He guys we told the US not to go but now we gotta go there to help them , well it's gonna cost a few billions but i think you'll understand!"...

Damn, what the hell are we going to do now?  Does anyone else here know everything?  We have to find a way to survive this crisis.  Everyone start listing things you know about and maybe together, as a team, we'll know as much as UJ did.

221559[/snapback]

We have to collectively know as much as he's forgotten first...

he JSP it' s not my ego or the ego of frenchmen in general i'm talking about , it's the fact that politically the french government can not tell french taxpayers: "He guys we told the US not to go but now we gotta go there to help them , well it's gonna cost a few billions but i think you'll understand!"...

221636[/snapback]

Well, DUH, we all KNOW that.

You need to work on your tone a bit, you were sou-nding like the typical French cultural snob there.

Well, DUH, we all KNOW that.

You need to work on your tone a bit, you were sou-nding like the typical French cultural snob there.

221644[/snapback]

well i can be a cultural snob! especially if my good old JSP from TBD call my country an afterthought! but you know i'm not and you know that deep inside you like cheese, croissants and Jerry lewis too JSP!

well i can be a cultural snob! especially if my good old JSP from TBD call my country an afterthought!  but you know i'm not and you know that deep inside you like cheese, croissants and Jerry lewis too  JSP!

221653[/snapback]

I like Swiss Cheese best. Croisssants are okay, but prefer a hearty bagel better. I do like the Jerry Lewis from his younger days. :w00t:

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Well la de da. Who really gives a f*ck what Jaques Chirac and his froggy friends think anyway?

The French are an AFTERTHOUGHT in history. A has-been nation.

Don't presume to come here and scold US like we're five years old, you fruity, cheese-eating,  chain-smoking, Jerry Lewis film-watching, croissant-eating, faux-romantic surrendermonkey!

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

221315[/snapback]

We wouldn't even BE A NATION if it wasn't for the French!!! WE'd be licking the boots of the English like my Scottish ancestors had to, and my French-Canadian ancestors had to!!! We owe them a large debt for saving us... calling them a has-been nation is not cool. Calling them blind, or ignorant of the facts, or salfish is one thing; but to deride their past is totally unfair! Why do you THINK the Statue of Liberty is there in New York??????? Come on now!

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
well i can be a cultural snob! especially if my good old JSP from TBD call my country an afterthought!  but you know i'm not and you know that deep inside you like cheese, croissants and Jerry lewis too  JSP!

221653[/snapback]

And you DID cross the line a lil bit with your snobbery too...I think you realized that thank goodness!! :D

Sorry, but you guys need to bring back the monarchy! :w00t: