Other news

VABills

Tell me again why I'm supposed to give a crap about what ANYONE here thinks about my politics?  I'll be anxiously awaiting an answer.  :)

In related news, anyone seen RCow lately?  You know, that doer of good deeds and upstanding Democrat who declared victory about 22.4 seconds after the first poll opened...

224719[/snapback]

he you do what you want Darin! if you don't give a crap fine! but why do you anwser to my posts so?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
he you do what you want Darin! if you don't give a crap fine!  but why do you anwser to my posts so?

224723[/snapback]

Don't waste your TIME! He prefers to stay encased in a thick concrete container, lined with lead, so that no one may see in, and yet is always capable of launching written missiles in seconds!! Don't let this get you in an uproar.. just ignore. :)

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
what does China want? do you really think Taiwan is so important for them? i don't. They want to make business. we'll make business. They want to be heard on the international scene, we'll listen.

France making people angry? Great news!! do you think Chirac cares? do you think frenchmen care? as i said here before, that's something americans and frenchmen have in common, they are arrogant enough no to care what other people think about them. Anyway those last 2 years i think anti-americanism has grown much more than francophobia in this world.

224720[/snapback]

All I'm saying is that since we are already the most hated nation in the world by our sheer force in both military and political affairs, France is steadily trying to come close to our title by inexplicable actions, ones that threaten to isolate it from the other EU members.

Taiwan IS important, for it represents the last vestige of OPPOSITION to their government within its sphere of influence... an important point to realize when foreign relations come into play. France's stance on Taiwan is vital to the Chinese diplomatic game...

All I'm saying is that since we are already the most hated nation in the world by our sheer force in both military and political affairs, France is steadily trying to come close to our title by inexplicable actions, ones that threaten to isolate it from the other EU members.

Taiwan IS important, for it represents the last vestige of OPPOSITION to their government within its sphere of influence... an important point to realize when foreign relations come into play. France's stance on Taiwan is vital to the Chinese diplomatic game...

224735[/snapback]

i don't see France isolated in the EU, Germany has shared many of France views and since the Spanish elections Spain is a real support. And if the gouvernments are not in its side the UK and italian public opinions clearly are.

Don't waste your TIME! He prefers to stay encased in a thick concrete container, lined with lead, so that no one may see in, and yet is always capable of launching written missiles in seconds!! Don't let this get you in an uproar.. just ignore. :lol:

224734[/snapback]

Translation: Won't some please join my pathetic quest for attention? Mommy and Daddy didn't pay me enough mind when I was small. :)

ho yes that's the Bush program, make them fear us!!

did you really respect the bully when you were a kid at school?!!

224724[/snapback]

More than I respected the pandering liar. The US is hardly the bully on the international stage that you Euros like to make us out to be. Perhaps if your country and the Germans were more interested in leading than graft and corruption we wouldn't look so intimidating.

And of course France was against the sanctions. They stood to make BILLIONS in oil field support contracts if they were lifted. Oh, that humanitarian Chirac. :D

More than I respected the pandering liar.  The US is hardly the bully on the international stage that you Euros like to make us out to be.  Perhaps if your country and the Germans were more interested in leading than graft and corruption we wouldn't look so intimidating.

And of course France was against the sanctions.  They stood to make BILLIONS in oil field support contracts if they were lifted.  Oh, that humanitarian Chirac.  :w00t:

225259[/snapback]

always the same proofless accusations and the same stupid rhetoric : if we do something we are a pain in your sacred ass, and we do nothing we are an inactive bug riding on your back. You know what Darin? France is probably the best ally the US can have because it's the only that is not hypocritical, that dares to have an opinion and says "no" when it thinks it should be "no". In my personnal life i have no respect for those guys telling me they're my friends and ready to tell me i'm right whatever i do that don't dare to express an opinion that may make not be mine . My best friends are some a..-h... that kick my butt when i do stupid things and i'm glad to have them....

always the same proofless accusations and the same stupid rhetoric : if we do something we are a pain in your sacred ass, and we do nothing we are an inactive bug riding on your back.  You know what Darin? France is probably the best ally the US can have because it's the only that is not hypocritical, that dares to have an opinion and says "no" when it thinks it should be "no". In my personnal life i have no respect for those guys telling me they're my friends and ready to tell me i'm right whatever i do that don't dare to express an opinion that may make not be mine . My best friends are some a..-h... that kick my butt when i do stupid things and i'm glad to have them....

225776[/snapback]

They aren't proofless lies. You simply choose to ignore the published reports that I've cited in the past and the volumes that continue to be leaked as the investigation continues. France and Germany aren't acting out of integrity. They're simply monetary whores - which is a symptom all big governments are guilty of. It's too bad the populous is too collectively stupid to see the writing on the wall.

Examples:

France controls over 22.5 percent of Iraq’s imports. French total trade with Iraq under the oil-for-food program is the third largest, totaling $3.1 billion since 1996, according to the United Nations.

In 2001 France became Iraq’s largest European trading partner. Roughly 60 French companies did an estimated $1.5 billion in trade with Baghdad in 2001 under the U.N. oil-for-food program.

France’s largest oil company, Total Fina Elf, has negotiated extensive oil contracts to develop the Majnoon and Nahr Umar oil fields in southern Iraq. Both the Majnoon and Nahr Umar fields are estimated to contain as much as 25 percent of the country’s oil reserves. The two fields purportedly contain an estimated 26 billion barrels of oil. In 2002, the non-war price per barrel of oil was $25. Based on that average these two fields have the potential to provide a gross return near $650 billion.

France’s Alcatel company, a major telecom firm, was negotiating a $76 million contract to rehabilitate Iraq’s telephone system.

In 2001 French carmaker Renault SA sold $75 million worth of farming equipment to Iraq.

More objections have been lodged against French export contracts with Iraq than any other exporting country under the oil-for-food program, according to a report published by the London Times. In addition French companies have signed contracts with Iraq worth more than $150 million that are suspected of being linked to its military operations.

Some of the goods offered by French companies to Iraq, detailed by UN documents, include refrigerated trucks that can be used as storage facilities and mobile laboratories for biological weapons.

Iraq owes France an estimated $6 billion in foreign debt accrued from arms sales in the 1970s and ‘80s.

From 1981 to 2001, according to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), France was responsible for over 13 percent of Iraq’s arms imports.

Europe is filled with politicians who talk out one side of their mouth while filling their pockets off the poor in other regions - they aren't any more above reproach than their US counterparts in that regard, though they've had alot more practice than we cowboys have. Pretend as you'd like that it's contrary.

France is France's best ally - and pretty much no one else's. It has nothing to do with disagreements and everything to do with what is right for the world. Your continued appeasement of the radicals in your own backyard will bite your country in the ass one day - as it did 60+ years ago. The difference will be that our response will be the same as it always is: ready, willing, and able.

France controls over 22.5 percent of Iraq’s imports. French total trade with Iraq under the oil-for-food program is the third largest, totaling $3.1 billion since 1996, according to the United Nations.

In 2001 France became Iraq’s largest European trading partner. Roughly 60 French companies did an estimated $1.5 billion in trade with Baghdad in 2001 under the U.N. oil-for-food program.

France’s largest oil company, Total Fina Elf, has negotiated extensive oil contracts to develop the Majnoon and Nahr Umar oil fields in southern Iraq. Both the Majnoon and Nahr Umar fields are estimated to contain as much as 25 percent of the country’s oil reserves. The two fields purportedly contain an estimated 26 billion barrels of oil. In 2002, the non-war price per barrel of oil was $25. Based on that average these two fields have the potential to provide a gross return near $650 billion.

France’s Alcatel company, a major telecom firm, was negotiating a $76 million contract to rehabilitate Iraq’s telephone system.

In 2001 French carmaker Renault SA sold $75 million worth of farming equipment to Iraq.

More objections have been lodged against French export contracts with Iraq than any other exporting country under the oil-for-food program, according to a report published by the London Times. In addition French companies have signed contracts with Iraq worth more than $150 million that are suspected of being linked to its military operations.

Some of the goods offered by French companies to Iraq, detailed by UN documents, include refrigerated trucks that can be used as storage facilities and mobile laboratories for biological weapons.

Iraq owes France an estimated $6 billion in foreign debt accrued from arms sales in the 1970s and ‘80s.

From 1981 to 2001, according to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), France was responsible for over 13 percent of Iraq’s arms imports.

so tell me here where do you see anything illegal?? this program was sponsored by the UN...

oh yes we sold some refrigerated trucks!! :doh::w00t::doh::D

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
France controls over 22.5 percent of Iraq’s imports.  French total trade with Iraq under the oil-for-food program is the third largest, totaling $3.1 billion since 1996, according to the United Nations.

so tell me here where do you see anything illegal??  this program was sponsored by the UN...

oh yes we sold some refrigerated trucks!!  :doh:  :w00t:  :doh:  :D

225800[/snapback]

Thank you for that explanation in your own words...

You just proved the point that France had so much invested in Iraq, that ANY war to attack them would be CONTRARY to French interests, and the opposition to the war was STRICTLY based on this... any other reason France gives is bogus.

Whether the war was justified or not is one thing; but France trying to tell the world that it objected based on any other reason is just not true...

Thank you for that explanation in your own words...

You just proved the point that France had so much invested in Iraq, that ANY war to attack them would be CONTRARY to French interests, and the opposition to the war was STRICTLY based on this... any other reason France gives is bogus.

Whether the war was justified or not is one thing; but France trying to tell the world that it objected based on any other reason is just not true...

225812[/snapback]

I have never said France had not interests in Iraq, but you really consider us like s... if you think "the opposition to the war was STRICTLY based on this". When your own interests and the interests of the world are the same, it's perfect! France is no white dove but it's not the evil player the american conservatives like to describe.

so tell me here where do you see anything illegal??  this program was sponsored by the UN...

oh yes we sold some refrigerated trucks!!  :doh:  :w00t:  :doh:  :D

225800[/snapback]

See what you want. There's plenty more that's come out. Hiding behind the most corrupt entity on this planet and a couple of smiley faces shows how shallow your position is.

They aren't proofless lies.  You simply choose to ignore the published reports that I've cited in the past and the volumes that continue to be leaked as the investigation continues.  France and Germany aren't acting out of integrity.  They're simply monetary whores - which is a symptom all big governments are guilty of.  It's too bad the populous is too collectively stupid to see the writing on the wall.

Examples:

France controls over 22.5 percent of Iraq’s imports.  French total trade with Iraq under the oil-for-food program is the third largest, totaling $3.1 billion since 1996, according to the United Nations.

Europe is filled with politicians who talk out one side of their mouth while filling their pockets off the poor in other regions - they aren't any more above reproach than their US counterparts in that regard, though they've had alot more practice than we cowboys have.  Pretend as you'd like that it's contrary.

France is France's best ally - and pretty much no one else's.  It has nothing to do with disagreements and everything to do with what is right for the world.  Your continued appeasement of the radicals in your own backyard will bite your country in the ass one day - as it did 60+ years ago.  The difference will be that our response will be the same as it always is:  ready, willing, and able.

225790[/snapback]

And I suppose that US companies have no interest whatsoever in investing in Iraq's oil fields? The fact is that, unless you were present in French ministerial meetings prior to the Iraq war, you simply do not know for sure what their opposition was based on. Was it based at least in part on their own self-interest? Almost certainly, but that doesn't exclude the possibility that they thought it was a pretty bad idea nonetheless. It is actually possible for actions to be based on more than just one motivation. In any event, you have told us many times that you were opposed to the war so the most you can really blame the French for is making the right decision for the wrong reasons.

See what you want.  There's plenty more that's come out.  Hiding behind the most corrupt entity on this planet and a couple of smiley faces shows how shallow your position is.

225829[/snapback]

The UN is the "most corrupt entity on the planet"? You don't think that's a bit over the top?

And I suppose that US companies have no interest whatsoever in investing in Iraq's oil fields? The fact is that, unless you were present in French ministerial meetings prior to the Iraq war, you simply do not know for sure what their opposition was based on. Was it based at least in part on their own self-interest? Almost certainly, but that doesn't exclude the possibility that they thought it was a pretty bad idea nonetheless. It is actually possible for actions to be based on more than just one motivation. In any event, you have told us many times that you were opposed to the war so the most you can really blame the French for is making the right decision for the wrong reasons.

225844[/snapback]

I would believe that the opposition to the war as a generally bad idea from Germany, more than I do from France.

PS - The jury is still out on whether it was the wrong decision.

PSS - Did you vote?