Sammy's ribs

YoloinOhio

I'm really getting worried. I don't necessarily blame them for playing him tonight. He has missed a lot of time and IMO if he was cleared to play it makes sense it have him in there a series or 2 with EJ. But he was reportedly wearing a flack jacket and there was a photo on twitter showing how the defender went right for the left side of his ribs. Clearly he knew where to hit him. Won't all teams do this? Will he play scared? Will he play at all? Trying not to overreact but everything just seems to be a nightmare right now with this team. How much bad luck can one team have? I got the nfl ticket this year for the first time and am afraid to watch.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm completely !@#$ing serious.

Russ Brandon should be fired for failing to initiate the renovation process by putting the grounds of RWS through a deep, deep spiritual cleanse.

For awhile I've been convinced that stadium rests on cursed lands, and I'm more sure of now than ever.

The fact that he wore a flack jacket in a preseason game illustrates how bad a decision it was to play him.

was it precautionary? I don't know the details. I know he said he could have come back and played in the Pitt game so maybe it wasn't that bad but come on... When will we EVER catch a GD break. Every defender is going to hammer his ribs now.

The fact that he wore a flack jacket in a preseason game illustrates how bad a decision it was to play him.

Coaches don't usually make decisions about whether a player is ready to play or not, trainers do. If the trainers thought he wasn't ready to play they would not have cleared him. He didn't look like he got hit hard, but he also wanted to stay in the game and was going to, that same play. There was some kind of penalty and the coaches called him off the field and held him out as a precautionary measure. I doubt very much if it is serious. If it is, it's hard to believe that another week of rest would have stopped that kind of hit from making him worse. It wasn't a hard hit at all. I imagine that it hurt like hell but he could have and would have played if it were a regular season game.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Coaches don't usually make decisions about whether a player is ready to play or not, trainers do. If the trainers thought he wasn't ready to play they would have cleared him. He didn't look like he got hit hard, but he also wanted to stay in the game and was going to, that same play. There was some kind of penalty and the coaches called him off the field and held him out as a precautionary measure. I doubt very much if it is serious. If it is, it's hard to believe that another week of rest would have stopped that kind of hit from making him worse. It wasn't a hard hit at all. I imagine that it hurt like hell but he could have and would have played if it were a regular season game.

i hope he is ok to practice And play but also worry that it will affect his ability to be the super freak that he is with his amazing catches. Cuz we know he's going to be plucking them from spots they should not have been thrown to. Ugh.

Didn't Sammy say something about them being kind of rough in practice or something to that effect? He was saying that they were hitting awfully hard in practice. then he goes and gets hurt a couple times off of relatively minor football contact. Maybe it is a sign and maybe not. I hope he isn't going to be one of those guys though....

Russ Brandon should be fired for failing to initiate the renovation process by putting the grounds of RWS through a deep, deep spiritual cleanse.

For awhile I've been convinced that stadium rests on cursed lands, and I'm more sure of now than ever.

im trying to stay positive but it is taking every ounce of my being.

All I'm saying is, how many starting receivers do you see around the league playing in preseason games if they need a flack jacket?

I don't know this but I imagine he only wore a flak jacket because it was a preseason game. If he really was hurt the trainers would never have cleared him for the game. It's not like they don't know it's preseason.

It's good to see smart coaching decisions to save Tuel & play Sammy.

They were not trying to save Tuel. He didn't play because they wanted to see if a guy that came in three days ago was better than him. Nice try though.

First step would've been to change the name of the stadium.

The biggest problem is that a rib injury WILL linger all season.

The only it way it heals is by rest.

If Watkins plays he'll be continually getting tackled and thrown to the ground by fully grown men.

Being thrown to the ground by fully grown men does not qualify as rest.

Edited by Why So Serious?

The biggest problem is that a rib injury WILL linger all season.

The only it way it heals is by rest.

If Watkins plays he'll be continually greeting tackled and thrown to the ground by fully grown men.

Being thrown to the ground by fully grown men does not qualify as rest.

You don't think the trainers know the most basic element of rib injuries?