Doug Moron

Nuncha

I have never heard a HC mention the GM as often as Maroon does. At any given interview he states that He and Doug are "reviewing film" or "in daily discussions" about whatever. Certainly not showing that He's in charge. I'm sure the players pick up on the lack of confidence.

Where does everyone find these post game pressers???

WGR app on your smartphone my man.

I have never heard a HC mention the GM as often as Maroon does. At any given interview he states that He and Doug are "reviewing film" or "in daily discussions" about whatever. Certainly not showing that He's in charge. I'm sure the players pick up on the lack of confidence.

That's a very interesting point. I agree, you don't hear head coaches reference the GM very often generally. Nice post.

During his post game interview tonight, I believe I heard Marrone admit that this team is not very good. I was thinking ...Wow! This guy is being brutally honest. He was saying how the receivers need to make hard catches to help EJ. I think that is an obvious admission that he is not as faithful in EJ's talent as he otherwise pretends to be.

Man i don't like how this season is starting to look. Maybe I am reading too much into this......

I believe he said they weren't "good enough" to withstand penalties and drops. Mistakes basically.

I wouldn't read too much into that. Deciding to cut a guy from the squad or bring a new guy in is a joint decision typically made by both the coach and the GM. So, with as much player turnover as this team has had in the last 2 seasons, it is no wonder that Whaley gets mentioned a lot.

WGR app on your smartphone my man.

That's a very interesting point. I agree, you don't hear head coaches reference the GM very often generally. Nice post.

Actually it's a ridiculous point. GM and coaches in the NFL talk every single day at length at this time of year about every position and player. If they are not talking to each other it's a far bigger problem. The GM, unless you are a superstar coach, is responsible for the roster. Whaley is responsible for who stays and who goes on the Bills and Marrone tells Whaley what he thinks. Marrone and him talk all day every day about it, and should, and Whaley has the final say. That's his job.

Actually it's a ridiculous point. GM and coaches in the NFL talk every single day at length at this time of year about every position and player. If they are not talking to each other it's a far bigger problem. The GM, unless you are a superstar coach, is responsible for the roster. Whaley is responsible for who stays and who goes on the Bills and Marrone tells Whaley what he thinks. Marrone and him talk all day every day about it, and should, and Whaley has the final say. That's his job.

I'm sure they talk constantly. I just haven't heard other coaches mention the GM quite so often.

Why would our moron HC play a QB that has been here for 3 days for most of this game? Yes it is a meaningless preseason game, however you are trying to develop Jeff Tuel - why not let him play a couple of quarters?

One more game wouldn't help Tuel much whereas Palmer needed all the reps he could get.

Marrone is coaching scared. Afraid if he puts Tuel in and TUel stinks up the joint that it will be a poor reflection on him. Whoever decided not to get a veteran QB backup this off-season made a HUGE error.

Any why was Watkins in the game. He was barley hit. Clearly his ribs were not healthy enough for him to be playing.

This

Thanks for that breakdown of the HC/GM relationship and the division of roster responsibility. Historically, the frequency with which he mentions Whaley's name to the media was the point. It's been quite often, not just in preseason.

Is the loss of Thad and subsequent temporary promotion of your favorite QB on the roster bringing you down a bit? We're here to help.